Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

icantfindaname posted:

actually it's made by westerners

you baka

There's a Steam Curator for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Of course there is :lol:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I am glad someone vigilantly warns people about fake animes. Only real animes provide the right amount of moe and kawaii.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Japanese Impostor Games posted:

Cursed Sight
"Chinese guy with an AUS passport (typical of HK) back again with another game passing itself off as Japanese. Confirmed "Weeaboo Bucks" snatched again!"

I like their style.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

first they came for our pottery and laquerware. now they've come for our animes

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

:laffo:

ArgoATX
Dec 10, 2014
is there such a thing as video games that aren't lovely? i keep picking things up on steam sales thinking maybe v ideo games will be fun again but then i try to play them and they're stupid

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ArgoATX posted:

is there such a thing as video games that aren't lovely? i keep picking things up on steam sales thinking maybe v ideo games will be fun again but then i try to play them and they're stupid

pc gaming died in 2015. have you considered an xbox 360 or wii u ftw?

ArgoATX
Dec 10, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

pc gaming died in 2015. have you considered an xbox 360 or wii u ftw?

:lol:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

ArgoATX posted:

Try something like a Kirby game or the recent Rayman games. There are still games out there that are just games instead of attempts at subverting the entire medium.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArgoATX posted:

No, all games are bad. Never play games.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's pretty hosed to not be having fun with games in the critically acclaimed year of 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
After playing Yoshi's Wooly World I have decided that from now on I will only play arts and crafts themed video games. That is all.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Nah, I'm glad the dark souls games exist. It seems like a really respectful sub genre, nothing is given and it's hard and all that. I'm just not sure it's fun for me, I'll try this shortcut hunting stuff and see if it clicks but I'm thinking of taking the game back at this point.

I did really like the witcher 3. I also like other games that have no story like KSP and Anno so I don't know what's up there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bloodychill posted:

After playing Yoshi's Wooly World I have decided that from now on I will only play arts and crafts themed video games. That is all.
Kirby's Epic Yarn is also excellent.

ArgoATX
Dec 10, 2014

Broseph Brostar posted:

It's pretty hosed to not be having fun with games in the critically acclaimed year of 2015

Pillars was p. good. Literally everything else is a sequel.

oh boy the new eabisofthesda game is out, i can't wait to wander around and collect things.

ArgoATX fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 29, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really hope this comes to Steam eventually.

But I don't have a capture card to contribute my own finds. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

tuyop posted:

Nah, I'm glad the dark souls games exist. It seems like a really respectful sub genre, nothing is given and it's hard and all that. I'm just not sure it's fun for me, I'll try this shortcut hunting stuff and see if it clicks but I'm thinking of taking the game back at this point.

I did really like the witcher 3. I also like other games that have no story like KSP and Anno so I don't know what's up there.

That's fair :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ArgoATX posted:

i can't wait to wander around and collect things.

Same

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZAx_OvKpM

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

You shouldn't need one with a Wii U although I forget the exact details. Go ask the Wii U thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tuyop posted:

Dark Souls is a game that I picked up on rentals and dropped like three times before I finally bought a copy and it really clicked with me. You can come back to it later.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

[quote="Lurdiak" post="453271363"
[/quote]

wii u can take screenshots

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tuyop posted:

watch a lp of someone play up through the first boss. when i started with the game i had no idea what the gently caress it was about and watching someone who knew how to play was really helpful.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ArgoATX posted:

Pillars was p. good. Literally everything else is a sequel.

oh boy the new eabisofthesda game is out, i can't wait to wander around and collect things.

The problem isn't the games, it's you my friend. You are not a gamer, be free and find another hobby.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

You should play Undertale first, and then quit games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cave story could get even the lamest most burnt out games poster to enjoy games again

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the fact that the dude who made cave story originally just threw it out on the internet for free still blows my mind

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Looper posted:

the fact that the dude who made cave story originally just threw it out on the internet for free still blows my mind

To be fair, it's pretty much impossible to sell PC games in Japan unless they have some kind of anime titty.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

tuyop posted:

You and I are in the same boat, except I was duped into buying Dark Souls on steam and spent literally 2 hours configuring the awful Games For Windows Live bullshit and then an hour playing around until I realized it was unplayable without a controller. Then I bought a controller and played for 30 minutes and kept getting killed by skeletons so I ragequit and never started back up. I tried getting back into it at one point but the second I saw the GFWL screen when reinstalling I had flashbacks and gave up.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The worst part of Dark Souls is definitely the forced skeleton battle at the beginning of the game, what the christ were they thinking!?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I hope that I get Alzheimer's when I'm old so that I can experience the catacombs and anor londo all over again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

I hope that I get Alzheimer's when I'm old so that I can experience the catacombs and anor londo all over again
I just got to the Duke's Archives and it's amazing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mike the TV posted:

You and I are in the same boat, except I was duped into buying Dark Souls on steam and spent literally 2 hours configuring the awful Games For Windows Live bullshit and then an hour playing around until I realized it was unplayable without a controller. Then I bought a controller and played for 30 minutes and kept getting killed by skeletons so I ragequit and never started back up. I tried getting back into it at one point but the second I saw the GFWL screen when reinstalling I had flashbacks and gave up.

On the bright side, GFWL is long dead at this point.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

On the bright side, GFWL is long dead at this point.

It's so dead that it's still running and games use it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mike the TV posted:

the first time i played the game i ran into new londo and got ganked by swarms of ghosts so i turned around and tried a different direction until i stopped dying immediately

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

It's so dead that it's still running and games use it
The chosen undead...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

:yeah:

Ornstein and Smough is one of my all time favourite boss battles, the intensity, the storyfeels! So good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I like the big dog boss fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Looper posted:

the first time i played the game i ran into new londo and got ganked by swarms of ghosts so i turned around and tried a different direction until i stopped dying immediately

Look I heard Dark Souls was hard so I thought getting two-hit by these monsters I can barely damage was fully intentional, okay?

• Locked thread