Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I get the feeling the broadcasters want it so they have a pseudo prime-time game. Or maybe it's the NFL and they really want to promote Pittsburgh@Seattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Smith for Tannehill straight up

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Pretty sure its a west coast thing, the only west coast home games are SF and Seattle today.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Until he inevitably shatters like leaded glassware.

Yeah, that's the thing about bone breaks: the more they happen, the weaker and easier it becomes to break

After the 3rd clavicle break, don't be shocked when a fourth and fifth and sixth happens

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
belichick's in denver right now molding some new receivers out of poop and sticks in time for the game tonight

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

computer parts posted:

I get the feeling the broadcasters want it so they have a pseudo prime-time game. Or maybe it's the NFL and they really want to promote Pittsburgh@Seattle.

Yeah I guess they get to sell ads for higher rates during a game that is nationally broadcast. I guess it is time we Nationalize the National Football League. Power to the people.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, that's the thing about bone breaks: the more they happen, the weaker and easier it becomes to break

After the 3rd clavicle break, don't be shocked when a fourth and fifth and sixth happens

Funny, I always hear the opposite: that bones grow back stronger than before.

edit: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/health/19really.html
Guess it's another health myth. drat, people in general have no idea how our own bodies work.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The new Namath? :getin:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

effectual posted:

The new Namath? :getin:

The Jets might need a new QB.... :getin:

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Chris James 2 posted:

You see, the thing about neck surgery is...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Darkpriest667 posted:

And mathematically they aren't eliminated from the playoffs either. How long have you been a Cowboys fan? Are you a member of an anonymous support group?

They are clearly out of the playoffs, even if not technically mathematically eliminated. His career isn't over though that's just being silly

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

13 year old girls posted:

belichick's in denver right now molding some new receivers out of poop and sticks in time for the game tonight

Hey, we still have James White and... Uh... Scott Chandler. Matthew Slater theoretically should be at least aware of life outside of special teams. We apparently also have an UDFA that we pulled from the practice squad.

If we're desperate, Brady can just start throwing to offensive lineman again.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ribsauce posted:

10 early games and 2 late games. Come the gently caress on NFL. Just play them all at noon and let us take the afternoon off.

No, do college style with 5 staggered overlapping start times so we get 12 continuous hours of football.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Hey, we still have James White and... Uh... Scott Chandler. Matthew Slater theoretically should be at least aware of life outside of special teams. We apparently also have an UDFA that we pulled from the practice squad.

If we're desperate, Brady can just start throwing to offensive lineman again.

No, one of them is on IR, the other is out.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Walking in downtown Seattle this morning, there are way too many goddamn steelers jerseys

gently caress the Steelers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Manoueverable posted:

Walking in downtown Seattle this morning, there are way too many goddamn steelers jerseys

gently caress the Steelers

No, gently caress you.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

No, gently caress you.

I see your point but have you considered, gently caress you?

VVVVV Jesus the NFL could not give less of a poo poo about health except to placate the handwringing types. gently caress you, NFL and gently caress Jeff Fisher

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 29, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/670944281390006272?s=09

Adam Schefter Verified account @AdamSchefter
Rams will not be penalized for mishandling concussion protocols last week in regards to QB Case Keenum, per sources.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That's simply awful

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Plane over Levi's "Jed and 49ers should mutually part ways."

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Dalton laughing off an INT fills me with calm.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

quote:

Ndamukong Suh drew a line in the sand with his Miami Dolphins teammates ahead of Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport (via NFL.com's Kevin Patra), Suh made it clear he was the top guy on the defensive side of the ball:

"I'm told he told them: 'I run this defense, I'm going to be here for the next five years, there is no guarantee any of you will be as well. Only a handful of guys are good enough to play with me right now,'" Rapoport said. "He also said the schemes were not good enough, the techniques were not enough and everyone needed to be better, he said 'follow me.'"

Rapoport added that reaction in the Dolphins locker room was mixed, with some viewing Suh's declaration as "the kind of address a leader would give," while others essentially disregarded the message.

Ever since the Dolphins signed Suh to that massive six-year, $114 million deal, the partnership hasn't quite worked out as expected. According to Football Outsiders, Miami's defense has actually taken a step backward, ranking 17th in defense DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average) in 2014 but sitting 25th through Week 11 in 2015.

In September, Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reported Suh was "freelancing" during certain plays, which threw off his teammates' assignments and hindered the defense as a whole.

Considering the length of his contract and the amount of money he's owed, the Dolphins can't easily part ways with Suh if things continue turning south.

Miami staked a lot of its future in Suh, and in order for the gamble to pay off, something will need to change.

he's not wrong

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

https://youtu.be/ZjibEkDoXQc

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jeff Fisher :getout:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Dolphins should try (and fail) to hire Teryl Austin so they get someone who knows how to use Suh.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

effectual posted:

No, do college style with 5 staggered overlapping start times so we get 12 continuous hours of football.

But more importantly, staggered finishes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

N: Since 1990, 4 teams have started the season with a record of 5-0 or better, and missed the playoffs

V: The 2015 Atlanta Falcons will be the 5th team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
N: Titans have lost 5 games by 1 possession

V: gently caress me

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

Do we know how much truth was behind those Suh "freelancing" reports? I suppose a big-name free agent like Suh could have the clout to openly defy his coaches and suffer no consequences, but I still struggle to believe a team could let that happen.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AndItsAllGone posted:

Do we know how much truth was behind those Suh "freelancing" reports? I suppose a big-name free agent like Suh could have the clout to openly defy his coaches and suffer no consequences, but I still struggle to believe a team could let that happen.

We do - it wasn't true at all

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Metapod posted:

N: Titans have lost 5 games by 1 possession

V: gently caress me

I know that must be real disheartening but it means you are always in it and if you get modestly better and things break your way you might be a good team next year

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

AndItsAllGone posted:

Its a little weird of an accusation for a pash rushing DT.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
i cannot in good conscious, as an american, root for the patriots

but goddamnit if this doesn't make me want to

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

computer parts posted:

Its been like this nearly every week this and it sucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A man who knows he's gone in a month and has completely lost ability to care

@jthom1
Fisher abruptly ends press conference while 2 reporters are in the midst of asking questions.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Rams are going to be really scary next year

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Parlett316 posted:

The eternal Battle Cry of the Rams.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
In a season of frauds there is still nobody who can out fraud Jeff Fisher.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Parlett316 posted:

feel like we've been saying this for the past 5 years or so

• Locked thread