Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
hold on i just remembered he is a goon, i will train him to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

supposedly nearly all of the physical effects of being hung over are from acute dehydration (booze makes you pee more than normal, metabolization of ethanol requires additional water, etc) so yeah it makes sense.

and your kidneys in an attempt to dump all that poison will rid you of b vitamins

yr welcome

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Smythe posted:

it would be better for me if you could just be a stupid rear end in a top hat and make epic cash. so far thats not working for me. maybe it will chage at some pt. idk. probs not.

start your cooking show already

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://beta.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122006/driverless-series-to-support-fe-events

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just to be clear here, SmartTVs are a plague and shouldn't exist

Ask me about digging through menus on my parents TV to turn off this very specific situation: during sports games it would display Yahoo ads.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

after this IV hydration thing takes off maybe some enterprising soul will repackage what's in the IV bag into a beverage. they could even name it after their SEC school's mascot

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

mad.radhu posted:

Ask me about digging through menus on my parents TV to turn off this very specific situation: during sports games it would display Yahoo ads.

lmfao kill all advertisers

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

after this IV hydration thing takes off maybe some enterprising soul will repackage what's in the IV bag into a beverage. they could even name it after their SEC school's mascot

just a few squirts of Cocky Juice and i felt good as new

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
:justpost:ing to note continued lust for ad death

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hobbesmaster posted:

i think they already did and its called gatorade

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

oh, is an alligator a school mascot and thats the joke? what's the sec?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

fart simpson posted:

oh, is an alligator a school mascot and thats the joke? what's the sec?

the Southeastern Conference, of which the University of Florida Gators is one of the schools

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
in care you don't actually know, gatorade was developed at the university of florida to help better hydrate their football teams and other athletes. UF's mascot is the gators hence gator aid.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

then the doctors realized that gator aid could have FDA implications as a medicine due to the "aid" part so they went with "ade"

UF and I think the federal government split 20% of gross Gatorade revenue

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dislike button posted:

just a few squirts of Cocky Juice and i felt good as new

while not SEC "seminade" is also acceptable

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hobbesmaster posted:

while not SEC "seminade" is also acceptable

texas a&m has semenade, so close enough

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

yeah but they only make freshmen drink that

New York City says hover boards are illegal motor vehicles and people are really really mad. have a libertarian rag article about the nanny state killing the future of transportation

https://reason.com/archives/2015/11/29/nyc-bans-the-hoverboard

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Luigi Thirty posted:

New York City says hover boards are illegal motor vehicles and people are really really mad. have a libertarian rag article about the nanny state killing the future of transportation

tbf it's dumb to ban them. it'd be like banning slap brackets or pogs.

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

pogs were a menace to society

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cyberbird posted:

pogs were a menace to society

your memories are running together, those were two distinct fads that happened at the same time

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

last time i went to the hospital in china, the doctor

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

well, kinda. from what i understand, doctoring is just like a 4 year degree here and you choose to specialize in either "western medicine" or tcm. a lot of people here have a pretty poor view of "western medicine" and i cant really blame them considering my experiences with it. stuff like getting pumped full of antibiotics and glucose ivs when you get a mild cold, or that time i had a cold and they gave me some drug which i looked up online before i took it and it turned out to be an antiviral that specifically targets a strain of the flu that hasn't been commonly seen in humans since the 1950s, and one of the potential side effects was central nervous system damage

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lol china

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

this hasnt happened in 20 years, and it was in the crappiest of provinces, but im still gonna dump it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_Economy

quote:

It is estimated that by 1999, the Caixian County in Henan had 43% of its blood donors being infected with AIDS,[2] while in the village of Wenlou, over 65% of its residents had contracted HIV.[3]

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

yeah first time my dad went to China in the 90s the university's travel office gave him health coverage information that included something along he lines of "if you need admission to a hospital contact *agency* for air ambulance transport to Singapore "

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mad.radhu posted:

Last time I bought a TV was a few years ago, and at that time smart TVs were marketed as a high-end thing. I realized that at some point smart tvs will be marketed at a lower price point than the normal ones, exactly because of this. This may already be happening I don't keep up with TV tech.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Elder Postsman posted:

here we go http://hydratemn.com/

eighty earth dollars for "one IV saline solution with electrolytes"

would be totally worth it if Gatorade wasn't a thing

spending a whole day hung over sucks so loving much

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Bought a projector recently. Seems like the smart fad hasn't really caught on there yet, even though they still threw in frame interpolation (poo poo) and 3d (lol)

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Munkeymon posted:

would be totally worth it if Gatorade wasn't a thing

spending a whole day hung over sucks so loving much

The trick is to drink it right before you go to sleep and you wake up feeling fine

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

http://ameego.me/?ref=VkKiXYm4g

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ArmZ posted:

Last time I bought a TV was a few years ago, and at that time smart TVs were marketed as a high-end thing. I realized that at some point smart tvs will be marketed at a lower price point than the normal ones, exactly because of this. This may already be happening I don't keep up with TV tech.

nope. unless you're counting "studio monitors" or whatever, there's no TVs above low-end stuff that's not a smart TV

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Janitor Prime posted:

The trick is to drink it right before you go to sleep and you wake up feeling like you have to piss like a racehorse but otherwise fine

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Endless Mike posted:

nope. unless you're counting "studio monitors" or whatever, there's no TVs above low-end stuff that's not a smart TV

but not too long ago in most of the mid range stuff the "smart" component was treated like another input to switch to and now the smart poo poo is the entire interface and the actual TV functions are treated like apps. a bit like the difference between a dumbphone that could run java apps and a smartphone running java - you wouldn't think that would be a good idea but here we are.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol i forgot about that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

when i bought my tv the first thing it had to do was connect to the internet and update its operating system, and i kinda sat there for a while wondering about it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

that article's stupid and new york city is stupid. the "they are an unregistered motor vehicle" part is stupid. if the city wants to ban those scooter things from the sidewalks they should just use whatever law the use to keep people from riding bicycles or segways on the sidewalks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

One member of City Council, Andy King, D-Bronx, wants to propose a bill outlawing hoverboards.

"People won't be walking or exercising their lungs" if hoverboards are "seen as a new form of transportation," he told the Post.

no comment

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

nice ref link

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shifty Pony posted:

now the smart poo poo is the entire interface and the actual TV functions are treated like apps.

which is the worst thing. i shouldnt have load time to adjust my color saturation or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

those hoverboard things seem like the sort of fad that isn't going to have much in the way of staying power. they'll probably end up like the razor scooter or heelies with a bunch of clones killing the exclusive cool new thing factor. the original maker of them is already playing whack a mole with lovely cheap chinese knockoffs but that isn't going to work because the Chinese government gives fuckall consideration to intellectual property if it doesn't directly benefit them.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 29, 2015

• Locked thread