Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Looks like fun. Does this explain the dent in the wall of the building in the background?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tremek posted:

Looks like fun. Does this explain the dent in the wall of the building in the background?

No, that thing is stripped out and ready to be torn down. I'm sure if I had clipped it it would have.

It does explain why the snow is already torn up though. Spent a good 15 minutes just messing around in there. The gravel is still soft underneath so there was more digging than sliding but still a ton of fun.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Grey BMW best BMW.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95INTadsBG0

Next time I'll lock the diff.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm surprised the Heathrow parking system isn't just a succession of extremely rude faux-posh girls with poo poo hair and hog faces who criticize your car behind its back in a nasal tone.

Maybe that's just the security screening though.

Lol wtf is this

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

That was embarrassing.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I like the sidepipes, what exhaust is that? 5.0?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Dislike button posted:

I like the sidepipes, what exhaust is that? 5.0?

It's a Magnaflow on a 5.0.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's pretty boss. What are you going to do for the front plate?

I don't think i could ever stop laughing at the car with the plate in the factory spot.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

Powershift posted:

That's pretty boss. What are you going to do for the front plate?
You can order black plates in California now, so it'll blend in. I'm going to do that if I put a plate on the front (I probably will).

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

chrisgt posted:

Nice w126 DOUBLE-U-ONE-TWENTY-FOUR, wish they put 5 speeds in them over here. A 5 speed diesel would be tits...

EDIT: I'm bad at car identification :P

My parents had a beat up whatever-the-coolguy-code-for-a-station-w124-is with the 5cyl turbodiesel some years ago. Basically if you've ever driven a diesel Sprinter imagine that but with better seats and a first gear that tops out at 10kph.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Driving this for a week while the German girl is in the shop for some cosmetic surgery. 2016 Jeep Renegade, came to me with 49 miles on it. Pretty comfy so far.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Looks like an kia soul that got stung by a bee. Not an insult, though its not a compliment either.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 15, 2022

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Snackula posted:

My parents had a beat up whatever-the-coolguy-code-for-a-station-w124-is with the 5cyl turbodiesel some years ago. Basically if you've ever driven a diesel Sprinter imagine that but with better seats and a first gear that tops out at 10kph.

Yeah Chris has a 300D wagon just with the automatic, which isn't too bad besides the aforementioned 1st gear, though I get some use out of it if I floor it from a stop in my w126

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cage posted:

Looks like an kia soul that got stung by a bee. Not an insult, though its not a compliment either.

Great, now that's all I'll ever see when I look at one of those. Well done.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You guys are weird in the head. The Renegade is awesome and I can't wait for it to sell so many units that I'm sick of seeing them in five years.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 15, 2022

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I'm liking the number of Ford trucks out there (gently) tearing it up.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Snackula posted:

It's sperg-o-clock up here, the w124 had a 6 cylinder diesel, it was the w123 that has the 5 cylinder. (unless countries besides the US got different options).Either way, it's the 300td. I have an 84 and it's actually not too slow. Not fast, but it certainly gets out of its own way.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm liking the number of Ford trucks out there (gently) tearing it up.
As soon as I get some goddam free time I'll try to increase that number by 1.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

You guys are weird in the head. The Renegade is awesome and I can't wait for it to sell so many units that I'm sick of seeing them in five years.

I think it looks worse than the Tonka-Truck-Toyota.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I realized that it might be kind of difficult on my Santa since I haven't really posted my own ride(s) in awhile, and I wanted to contribute to Ford truck chat:

Also, the project car I drove it there to see:

Daily driver:

I really need to take pictures in a spot that isn't a muddy field...

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

chrisgt posted:

It's sperg-o-clock up here, the w124 had a 6 cylinder diesel, it was the w123 that has the 5 cylinder. (unless countries besides the US got different options).Either way, it's the 300td. I have an 84 and it's actually not too slow. Not fast, but it certainly gets out of its own way.

I'm across the pond, it was an aggressively euro-spec bronze 250td with all cloth everything and manual windows.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Seeing black plates on newer cars bothers me. I always thought they should have been reserved for classic cars.

However, it did occur to me that they'd be great to pair with a LIDAR jammer...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Das Volk posted:

Seeing black plates on newer cars bothers me. I always thought they should have been reserved for classic cars.

Yeah, but if you put a white Us-size plate on the front of the new miata, it would look really, really racist.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

Yeah, but if you put a white Us-size plate on the front of the new miata, it would look really, really racist.

White plates, like those of known front-plate-mandatory state California?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Das Volk posted:

#blackplatesmatter

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Just realized I've never posted my ride.. Here is my AI #selfie equivalent. This was taken after rebuilding the supercharger and feeling victorious.

keykey fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 1, 2015

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Raluek posted:

I realized that it might be kind of difficult on my Santa since I haven't really posted my own ride(s) in awhile, and I wanted to contribute to Ford truck chat:

How did you like the book I got you last year? I meant to ask and kept forgetting

keykey posted:

Just realized I've never posted my ride.. Here is my AI #selfie equivalent. This was taken after rebuilding the supercharger and feeling victorious.

Now put a pulley on it if you haven't already

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Raluek posted:

White plates, like those of known front-plate-mandatory state California?

That car with a white license plate on it is really, really racist. :rolleyes:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

That car with a white license plate on it is really, really racist. :rolleyes:

It's really a combination of the squnity headlights, mouth shape and now the buck teeth.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Now put a pulley on it if you haven't already

A 15% pulley was part of the nosecone rebuild since that's where the issue came from. It chewed up the factory bearings probably from the coupler shrapnel I found inside. While I was in there, I took the whole thing apart and built it back up. Fortunately even after 150k miles the water pump gears on the rear are flawless. :)

keykey fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 1, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I don't remember if I posted about this yet, but I got a '92 Civic hatch two weeks ago. I just got it plated, oh boy.

It's so stock it hurts. And more base-model than I've ever owned before - and I've owned some really base-model cars before. It doesn't even have a clock. Or a tacho.

Why is it so hard to find factory replacement spoilers for these things? All the ones in the junkyard were broken from cold weather shenanigans. I would have expected the world would be chock full of Chinese accident repair parts.

Subarus are still better, sorry Honda kids.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 1, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't remember if I posted about this yet, but I got a '92 Civic hatch two weeks ago. I just got it plated, oh boy.

It's so stock it hurts. And more base-model than I've ever owned before - and I've owned some really base-model cars before. It doesn't even have a clock. Or a tacho.

Why is it so hard to find factory replacement spoilers for these things? All the ones in the junkyard were broken from cold weather shenanigans. I would have expected the world would be chock full of Chinese accident repair parts.

Subarus are still better, sorry Honda kids.

Dude, it's a civic, why are you looking for a factory spoiler.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-parts/calgary/spoiler-for-a-sunfire/1095358535?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

stick that thing on it.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Well since Secret Santana is coming up and it's been a while since I posted any of my cars, I figured I'd make a post:

^This fucker under the knife here is my daily driver of the past few years. I take pride in being able to blow up a Corolla.

^Now this thing has been a bit of a "when the gently caress are you going to do it?" project. Not sure if I want to finish it, or wait it out and get an ST185. But either way, I've got this bastard below here ready to roll for either car

Aaaand my most recent shitmobile, a 2002 F250 Lariet. 7.3L Powerstroke which I got for free from my old man under the condition that I put it back on the road. Only thing is, It doesn't look like that anymore. It looks like this:

Runs like a champ, and only 200,000kms on it, but rust and rust and rust. Chassis is solid as gently caress, but I need to find a box, probably 2 fenders, and a few other things, but what intimidates me the most is up under the cab. Considering that finding a replacement cab isn't really possible here, and would cost wayyy too much to have it shipped in, oooooh boy. But hey, it's a free truck. I might make a thread eventually to document my shenanigans.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm told that the recent spate of Canadian posting is because someone complained that their Canadian santee didn't post about their cars. In case that is me, here are the remainder of my poo poo barges.

My other rides are this incomprehensibly lame '03 Impreza 2.5 TS with freshly painted winter wheels

It doesn't need parts, but it does need someone to reach inside the dash and fix the heater control cable that got tangled up in my stereo install and keeps the heater dial from moving.

And this is my '97 Miata, with the swirliest paint imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

keykey posted:

A 15% pulley was part of the nosecone rebuild since that's where the issue came from. It chewed up the factory bearings probably from the coupler shrapnel I found inside. While I was in there, I took the whole thing apart and built it back up. Fortunately even after 150k miles the water pump gears on the rear are flawless. :)

Nice, I had a 16% on mine and it was awesome. Enjoy the extra boost and sound :rice: