Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Patter Song posted:

I'm not even sure what GOP trolling of the Dem thread would look like.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

TheTatteredKing posted:

Trump would be shot day two. Though maybe he would be anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZJF81jt4w

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Can't he just have a heart attack and be done with it

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Mister Macys posted:

He could kill his son; ending a family embarrassment, making Jeb! a martyr for True Conservatism, and reenergizing their voting base to replace those murdering libs. :tinfoil:

Old SNL still relevant.
https://screen.yahoo.com/dad-son-hunting-000000621.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Accurate.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Carson Campaign RIP

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/29/ben-carson-calls-planned-parenthood-shooting-a-hate-crime-video/

quote:

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson weighed in Sunday on Friday’s shooting a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, calling it a “hate crime” and saying that both sides of the abortion debate should “tone down their rhetoric.”

“Any hate crime is a horrible thing no matter from where it comes and should be condemned very strongly,” Carson said during an interview on ABC’s “This Week.”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Montasque posted:

How is Trump worse again?

"Bad in different ways" is probably more accurate. Trump isn't a lackey for the military-industrial complex; instead he has sold his soul to old-fashioned, "know-nothing" nativists.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I still prefer people's horrible poo poo to be out in the open, thus Trump is the preferred choice.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That's way too on point for Ben loving Carson

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nope, try again Joe. Huckabee's comment isn't referring to the shooting as being the tragedy/terrorism that took place at the PP location. He's referring to abortion.

No loving way.

Whew.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Powercrazy posted:

I still prefer people's horrible poo poo to be out in the open, thus Trump is the preferred choice.
"He says he's going to deport ten million people and his big argument for how he'll accomplish a bunch of policy goals is 'Trust me, I know what I'm doing,' but at least he's honest"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

its not their fault you posted in it

i meant the democrat thread you stupid piece of poo poo

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jeb is getting rowdy. beware the ides of december trump

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

beware the jeb!erwocky, my don!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I'm still astounded at how bad Jeb! is at this.

He was basically handed the nomination on a silver platter with a $100,000,000 SuperPAC behind him. Now he's polling at 3%-7%, and a bunch of his people have jumped ship to the new rising star in Rubio.

All this in just a few months.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trump is a paper tiger who is blowing smoke. Even if he were elected potus he would face obstruction at ever turn.

Jeb on the other hand would most likely get his horrible neocon way.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Jeb hopes to displace the Cruz missile as Trump's VP pick.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Angling for the Veep spot already?

Goddamn, should have read the whole page before quoting.

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 29, 2015

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
DWEEB! 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm starting to think Jeb may not win this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Montasque posted:

Trump is a paper tiger who is blowing smoke. Even if he were elected potus he would face obstruction at ever turn.

Jeb on the other hand would most likely get his horrible neocon way.

I've said before his plan is probably do nothing and blame congress. Or do whatever and blame congress when its not what he said.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

Your precious slumlord is probably - probably - intelligent enough to realize any "har har beta cuck owned" macho man cool guy points he would get from making Jeb his VP are balanced out by, yes, the fact that this means all Jeb has to do is unleash Chang once and he might even be a national hero.

Jeb will never be Trump's VP. His whipping boy maybe but never VP. If you want to be on the winning team you need to prove yourself a winner first.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ivor Biggun posted:

Jeb will never be Trump's VP. His whipping boy maybe but never VP. If you want to be on the winning team you need to prove yourself a winner first.

I'm imagining Trump keeping Jeb as the white house pet.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TheTatteredKing posted:

I've said before his plan is probably do nothing and blame congress. Or do whatever and blame congress when its not what he said.

lol if the future of America is the Republican president and the Republican congress having a four year impotent slapfight

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jewel Repetition posted:

Bring out the gimp.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Exciting news!

Tomorrow, Marco Rubio will be attending Scott Brown's No BS Backyard Barbecue in New Hampshire!

bqhatevwr!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump's going to have a hard time spinning this to the positive

quote:

Over the last week, Donald Trump's campaign has been promoting the fact that he was set to meet with a group of over 100 African-American pastors who were allegedly set to endorse him. The announcement was apparently news to the group of pastors who responded by criticizing the Republican presidential front runner.

Looking to gain some traction with potential African-American voters, the Trump campaign sent out a press release earlier this week with the hope that it would make some noise with black voters. "A coalition of 100 African American Evangelical pastors and religious leaders will endorse the GOP front runner after a private meeting at Trump Tower," the campaign said. As CNN reported on Nov. 29, Trump's plans will not go according to plan.

Pushing back at the claim that they would endorse Trump for president, the black leaders who were scheduled to meet the former host of "The Apprentice" are firing back. "I was asked 2 meet with Mr Trump too but I refused because until he learns how to respect people you can’t represent me thru my endorsement," Bishop Paul S. Morton of the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship tweeted out to his followers. Senior Pastor of The Holy Ghost Cathedral Bishop Corletta Vaughn, also the star of "Preachers of Detroit," referred to Trump as an "insult" and an "embarrassment."

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Jewel Repetition posted:

"I'm not him, I'm not Jeb!, he died at the convention. My name is Reek, it connotes excrement."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

WingsOfSteel posted:

"I'm not him, I'm not Jeb!, he died at the convention. My name is Reek, it connotes excrement."

Lol.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Nessus posted:

"He says he's going to deport ten million people and his big argument for how he'll accomplish a bunch of policy goals is 'Trust me, I know what I'm doing,' but at least he's honest"

To my mind it's less "at least he's honest" and more "finally these ideas can be defeated clearly and publicly rather than through insinuation". The whole "Conservatism cannot fail, only be failed" bullshit lets a lot of Republicans write off failed candidates as not being Conservative enough (as in, not blatantly bigoted culture warrior enough) so having a candidate who screams about immigrants and poors and losers and muslims as explicitly as possible then go on to lose the General in a landslide will humiliate the silent majority types.

The moderate Republicans have taken a beating over the last two Presidential campaigns and all the gridlock in Congress, so giving the far-rights a shot and showing how they fare even worse might help blow off some of that steam. Orrrrr lead to their realization that they really aren't the majority any more and then look out.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I was pretty sure the 100 black pastors were going to be paid handsomely, not made up out of thin air. But I guess in the style of trump 2016 this actually means he has 1000 black pastors on call.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

I was pretty sure the 100 black pastors were going to be paid handsomely, not made up out of thin air. But I guess in the style of trump 2016 this actually means he has 1000 black pastors on call.

That's what I figured. I wonder how many of them are upset at the ones who knocked Trump early instead of endorsing him and magically stumbling on a big upgrade of their church?

Not that anybody in the whole world thought that "we're going to have a secret meeting and then right afterwards they're all going to say they liked me" left anything to the imagination

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Hahahahahaha

He's still talking about this like it's happening. Dude lives in his own world of spinning bullshit

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I can't believe how excited I am to see how Jeb's going to spin his losses!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Trump was just hoping they'd show up and be too dumb to ask any questions.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

Hahahahahaha

He's still talking about this like it's happening. Dude lives in his own world of spinning bullshit
I'm a little curious how Trump's going to spin this one.

Usually he can bullshit up a cover story and/or blame the media, but this time he sorta tripped himself up with his own words, and he doesn't really have any sort of convenient scapegoat.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

fade5 posted:

I'm a little curious how Trump's going to spin this one.

Usually he can bullshit up a cover story and/or blame the media, but this time he sorta tripped himself up with his own words, and he doesn't really have any sort of convenient scapegoat.

He's still having the meeting so he'll find a way:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I have faith that it will go in his favor in a way so bizarre it would be considered too implausible for a movie script.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Fiction posted:

I could actually see Trump taking Jeb! as his VP as a power move. What could fit your narcissistic, macho brand better than reducing the greatest threat against you (money-wise) to a simpering toady and making him your head underling?

Trump gets to choose between Cruz as his Starscream or Jeb! as a significantly dumber Soundwave.

Starcruz or Downswave.

Plinkey posted:

I just got done watching Trump's meet the press phone interview from this morning and his deflection and doubling down skills are amazing. He just rolls with it and nothing phases him. Chuck Todd went on and on about the 'tailgating' trying to get Trump to prove it/disprove it. In the end all he has to say is 'Chuck, I saw it, I know what I saw and I've had hundreds, maybe thousands of people call my office and tell me that they saw the same.'

The they moved onto the PP shooting and Trump more or less admitted that the guy was probably against PP itself, but because he was disturbed by the videos, so it was more or less PP's fault, then of course ended it with something like 'but I can't say for sure, he or anyone else hasn't come out with his motives, so we can't know until then'.

He's un-fact-chekable. It's amazing.

It's because the news media is for the most part too afraid to call someone a liar on live television to their face (or even over the phone). Public figures have massively abused the privilege of "access" and the media hasn't figured out they could shame them into reasonable cooperation using techniques like Bill McNeal's Hypothetical Interviews or writing the "questions" in an interview after selecting and rearranging "responses" recorded earlier, like Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

quote:

Jeb Bush says he would support Donald Trump having sex with his wife over Hillary Clinton

• Former Florida governor believes 'anybody is better than Hillary Clinton'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 18, 2016

• Locked thread