Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm excited about Jeb!.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

babypolis posted:

the trump thread is essentially the republican thread. this is the liberals making fun of republicans thread. the other thread is a burning garbage pile

Yup the best thread for republicans who don't support TRUMP is clearly the trump thread.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Baloogan posted:

I'm excited about Jeb!.

said no one ever

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014

Montasque posted:

Freepers believe that this was a bank robbery gone wrong

They seemed to have given up on that angle shortly after the shooting ended. But there's now this:

quote:

To: Timpanagos1

He seems to carry a lot of the same traits as “progressive” liberals. It really wasn’t a “Planned Parenthood Shooting.” Early reports said he fired at moving automobiles and ran into the clinic to escape the authorities.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/court-records-colorado-planned-parenthood-shooter-not-republican-identifies-as-woman/

44 posted on 11/28/2015, 3:32:48 PM by Rides_A_Red_Horse (Why do you need a fire extinguisher when you can call the fire department?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/29/jeb-bush-says-he-would-support-donald-trump-over-hillary-clinton

Peak Cuck.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

You really just want to lose this election, don't you Jeb? You never wanted to be President, it's just expected of you, and so you've decided to totally throw the game.

:glomp: It'll be okay buddy. It'll be okay.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
John Ellis "Jeb" aka "The Genuflector" Bush

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
maybe jebs dad is forcing him to do this and jeb is taking the cowards way out

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Angling for the Veep spot already?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Oiled and Ready posted:

So looks like I have to be the one to point this out, but Mike Huckabee had a Mike Mini-me removed from his Mike Hucka-Knee:

Uncanny. I think this could be the first good evidence I have seen that Huckabee is really a Lizard Person.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That's a tricky headline, the correct answer for republicans is "anybody but Hillary" which is what he said

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Skellybones posted:

This isn't the Trump thread? Maybe it should be, he's the only good topic in it/

The Donald cannot be contained to merely one thread

The Donald lives on inside all of us. Can't stump the spirit of the Trump.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

reignofevil posted:

Uncan-knee*

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

nachos posted:

That's a tricky headline, the correct answer for republicans is "anybody but Hillary" which is what he said

if by "tricky" you mean "bullshit clickbait", then yeah

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I could actually see Trump taking Jeb! as his VP as a power move. What could fit your narcissistic, macho brand better than reducing the greatest threat against you (money-wise) to a simpering toady and making him your head underling?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Epic High Five posted:

”too bad those cops got shot huh? Oh well kill the gays vote Cruz 2016!”

He wouldn't even denounce it beyond the cop specifically and he's still getting skewered, no wonder the GOP is terrified to speak out about it.

Also if there were a bank robbery wouldn't there be like, any evidence at all of a bank robbery at this point as opposed to not one single word from anybody at all including the bank employees?

I saw a tweet from Chase that it had nothing to do with the bank (RWM thread?), so yeah.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Third World Reggin posted:

maybe jebs dad is forcing him to do this and jeb is taking the cowards way out
I'm constantly a step from thinking that HW must really be considering that he should really save the family the shame. End his son's suffering.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fiction posted:

I could actually see Trump taking Jeb! as his VP as a power move. What could fit your narcissistic, macho brand better than reducing the greatest threat against you (money-wise) to a simpering toady and making him your head underling?

Trump would be shot day two. Though maybe he would be anyway.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

I was watching that interview (on Face the Nation) and this was a follow-up question to a rather comprehensive (for Jeb!) attack on Trump, calling him 'misinformed at best, and preying on people's fears at worst' and ill-equipped to be CIC. Of course they brought up the loyalty pledge and he walked it all halfway back because Jeb Bush doesn't care about winning and boom - there's your headline.

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 29, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Shoulda said you'd abstain, dumb gently caress

Baloogan posted:

Peak Cuck.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just got done watching Trump's meet the press phone interview from this morning and his deflection and doubling down skills are amazing. He just rolls with it and nothing phases him. Chuck Todd went on and on about the 'tailgating' trying to get Trump to prove it/disprove it. In the end all he has to say is 'Chuck, I saw it, I know what I saw and I've had hundreds, maybe thousands of people call my office and tell me that they saw the same.'

The they moved onto the PP shooting and Trump more or less admitted that the guy was probably against PP itself, but because he was disturbed by the videos, so it was more or less PP's fault, then of course ended it with something like 'but I can't say for sure, he or anyone else hasn't come out with his motives, so we can't know until then'.

He's un-fact-chekable. It's amazing.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

How long have those fact check sites been up? Like 10 years probably more? People probably got desensitized when they saw every god drat politician & their mother regularly being caught in lies. ALL of them. It is expected & celebrated now.

edit: unless you're on the other team.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

meristem posted:

I'm constantly a step from thinking that HW must really be considering that he should really save the family the shame. End his son's suffering.

He could kill his son; ending a family embarrassment, making Jeb! a martyr for True Conservatism, and reenergizing their voting base to replace those murdering libs. :tinfoil:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And the winner of the award for first 2016 candidate to call the Colorado Springs attack "domestic terrorism" goes to.... [url]https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/670981701561131008]Mike Huckabee[/url]!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

The New Hampshire Union Leader, which used to be the most coveted endorsement in the Republican primary, gets behind the Christie campaign.

(They endorsed Newt in 2012. He did not win New Hampshire.)

The writer was on MtP this morning. There's even some bonus Hugh Hewitt to fill out your liberal media card.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...hris%20Christie

Joementum posted:

And the winner of the award for first 2016 candidate to call the Colorado Springs attack "domestic terrorism" goes to.... [url]https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/670981701561131008]Mike Huckabee[/url]!

Hugh Hewitt on MtP this morning!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lycus posted:

Would they have to concede Florida? Or couldn't Jeb just have another Florida-only running mate, and then have the Senate elect Rubio if need be?

At the very least, they would need to change the rules of the RNC to allow this, since they only account for nominating one Vice President.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Florida ballots could have his name on them, right? The electors could cast votes for Rubio/Donald Duck if necessary.

Or just throw both names on the ballot anyways and go "who cares" if the Supreme Court meddles, which they won't, worst case is the republican controlled congress needs to vote.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

hobbesmaster posted:

The Florida ballots could have his name on them, right? The electors could cast votes for Rubio/Donald Duck if necessary.

They're bound by Florida state law to vote for the nominees of their party, though as far as I can see there's no penalty described if they don't. Also, these state-level elector laws are of questionable constitutionality.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Rubio would never select Jeb as his running mate. Trump might, though. Just to be a dick

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Good Citizen posted:

Rubio would never select Jeb as his running mate. Trump might, though. Just to be a dick

This started with Trump's grudge against Jeb. Giving him anything is too much.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Your precious slumlord is probably - probably - intelligent enough to realize any "har har beta cuck owned" macho man cool guy points he would get from making Jeb his VP are balanced out by, yes, the fact that this means all Jeb has to do is unleash Chang once and he might even be a national hero.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

TheTatteredKing posted:

Trump would be shot day two. Though maybe he would be anyway.

https://youtu.be/e-cKPe7E-wI

EDIT:

Also Bush wasn't angling for a VP slot, he actually came out pretty hard against Trump:

quote:

"Look, I just think he's uninformed. He knows what he's saying. He's smart. He's playing you guys like a fiddle, the press, by saying outrageous things and garnering attention," Bush told moderator John Dickerson. "That's his strategy, is to dominate the news. The simple fact is that he's been wrong on Syria and on the refugees pretty consistently. And no one's holding him to account. He first said we had no interest in being involved in Syria. And then he said let the Russians take out ISIS. And then he said let ISIS take out [Syrian President Bashar al-]Assad. Back and forth it goes. And the net effect of this is — in these really serious times, he's not a serious leader." ISIS is an alternative acronym for the Islamic State militant group.

Given Bush's concerns, Dickerson asked, why would he support Trump if the latter wins the Republican presidential nomination, as he has vowed to do.

"Because anybody is better than Hillary Clinton," Bush said. "Let me just be clear about that. But I have great doubts about Donald Trump's ability to be commander in chief. I really do. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt to see how the campaign unfolded. But if you listen to him talk, it's kind of scary, to be honest with you, because he's not a serious candidate. He doesn't talk about the issues at hand that are of national security importance for our country. To keep us safe is the first priority of the president. And he's all over the map, misinformed at best and preying on people's fears at worst."

Bush has regularly attacked Trump's temperament and position on various issues, but this talk of an "uninformed" or "scary" opponent who is "preying on people's fears" is a little sharper than normal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/29/jeb-bush-trump-is-uninformed-and-preying-on-peoples-fears/

Montasque fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 29, 2015

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Would Baby Hitler be better than Hilary Clinton, though?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Would Baby Hitler be better than Hilary Clinton, though?

What's the difference?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
No mustache, and she parts her hair differently.

Never fought a winter campaign against Russia. :rimshot:

They both lost good men in Libya though... :tinfoil:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 29, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Michael Corleone posted:

True, the GOP field will thin out after NH. But, as a DEM, what do you think the ticket will look like? Does O'Malley have a chance at VP or is Hillary giving it to Cuomo? Or would she take Bernie on, can't really do that with them both being so old though.

Are you just spouting off random names you know or something? There's no reason Clinton would want any of them as VP because they don't bring anything worthwhile to the table nor are they rising stars in the party.

Fulchrum posted:

I think Julian Castro is probably the strongest contender for the Vice Presidency.

This is the real answer.

Joementum posted:

Nope, try again Joe. Huckabee's comment isn't referring to the shooting as being the tragedy/terrorism that took place at the PP location. He's referring to abortion.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It's me, I'm the serious candidate with W era neocons in my circle

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

nachos posted:

It's me, I'm the serious candidate with W era neocons in my circle

From the same WaPo article:

quote:

During an extended exchange on Syria, Bush told Dickerson that ultimately he would defer to military commanders about the potential deployment of tens of thousands of U.S. forces to fight the Islamic State.

"If I'm commander in chief, my first order is 'Give me options,' and if the military force says we need a force of x thousand and this is the best way to destroy ISIS, then I would take that under advisement for sure," he said. "I believe most people that I've talked to — military leaders — think that we can't do this alone, but it's going to require more effort than we have right now."

How is Trump worse again?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Patter Song posted:

There's precedent for doing some sketchy dodging of it. Bush/Cheney had Cheney (who had lived in Texas for over a decade) run as Richard Cheney of Wyoming despite not living in Wyoming for 15 years at the time.

The rule also doesn't say that the ticket can't run, just that a state can't vote for it. If Republicans wanted to concede Florida for no reason, they could do Jeb/Rubio.

EDIT:

It's not really sketchy. All you must do is have like an apartment somewhere and you can say "yeah I'm not from the same state".

The original intention was to avoid state electors, in a time before the popular vote for president, just trying to give each elector's vote to someone from the same state, to try to boost their chances of having a native son become president (since as we know, in the original system the presidential candidate with the second most votes became VP, not just a loser). And in that time, just up and moving states wasn't nearly so easy to do while maintaining your political support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nope, try again Joe. Huckabee's comment isn't referring to the shooting as being the tragedy/terrorism that took place at the PP location. He's referring to abortion.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/11/29/sotu-mike-huckabee-full-interview.cnn

• Locked thread