Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't check the Wii U right now, but today's discounted PAL 3DS games are DKC Returns 3D and Ultimate NES Remix, 23.99EUR each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

On the U side it's Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3, both 40% off.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I can't check the Wii U right now, but today's discounted PAL 3DS games are DKC Returns 3D and Ultimate NES Remix, 23.99EUR each.

lmfao

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Please don't turn this thread into pages of whining about sales for me to scroll past, thanks.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The daily PAL sales look very much like the short sales an official Russian eshop key reseller had a couple of months ago. If this continues, M&L Dream Team will be one of the deals too.

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Shwqa posted:

mostly good stuff
pretty sure explosives are 3x on wake, not 4x. no loving clue about ranged attacks though

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Please don't turn this thread into pages of whining about sales for me to scroll past, thanks.

Please, Nintendo.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's a good deal for both DKC's at least.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Today's daily PAL discounts: Kirby Triple Deluxe for 30% off, Codename STEAM for 40% off.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Wii U side it's Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, and Game and Wario.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I played the demo for project steam and it didn't impress me. I don't really see why they thought that they needed to put the camera over the shoulder, having a top down view would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

What's Game and Wario like? Are the minigames fun in it?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Does anybody have words about Cooking Mama 5? I only ever played the original one, but I liked it a lot and actually learned some cooking tips from it lol. If it's an actually good game, I wanna get it while it's $5.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

irlZaphod posted:

Don't bother. It's rubbish.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

deadly_pudding posted:

Does anybody have words about Cooking Mama 5?

More of the same, if you don't mind/that's what you want it's a good bargain.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

irlZaphod posted:

If you enjoy having people over to play video games, Sketch is an amazing drunken party game. Otherwise it's a mildly fun single player experience.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

irlZaphod posted:

I played the single-player once and haven't felt the need to return but I've enjoyed pulling out the multi-player stuff when I have friends over.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

irlZaphod posted:

It's well worth it if you want a multiplayer game that just requires the tablet and no other controllers. Some of the single player games are fun too and make good use of the tablet.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Today's PAL 3DS discounts are Kid Icarus Uprising and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. 40% off each.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
3DS
Xenoblade €26.99
Kid Icarus Uprising €19.99

Wii U
Xenoblade €9.99
Bayonetta 2 €29.99

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I think it's worth noting that owning the digital version of Bayonetta 2 gives you a special offer for Bayonetta 1 at just €9.99. So you could get both for only 40 euros.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'd say that's a good price for Uprising if you don't already have it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

But not a good enough price if you don't want Uprising.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if you don't want uprising, well, you're just hosed in the head

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

well, yeah, i typically avoid buying things i don't want

also you're broken inside, etc

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

Well, yes, but I'm assuming you're not an idiot here.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

less laughter posted:

3DS
Xenoblade €26.99

How bad is Xenoblade on the 3DS' tiny screen? I can't imagine it's particularly playable.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How bad is Xenoblade on the 3DS' tiny screen? I can't imagine it's particularly playable.

There are many awful metaphors to be created on this subject. Suffice to say some do not find it to be to their taste.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It plays rather well actually, almost the same as Wii Xenoblade with a Pro controller.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Buying the Wii U VC version is probably the better idea if you intend on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X this weekend though, since owning the former gives a 10% discount on the latter.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'd say that's a good price for Uprising if you don't already have it.

any price is a good price for Uprising

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Any word on when Europe gets the Xenoblade patches? Seems like they've been out in the US for a bit but not over here.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"November 30, 10:00 CET" so sayeth Nintendo UK.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ah cool.
And thanks for being our constant source on all things Nintendo.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
What's the best brand of external hard drive for your money? I'm gonna get one in anticipation of Xenoblade

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

which is the best with a Y cable or whatever too

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Get a Western Digital, preferable one with its own power supply. I've been using their MyBook line for years with no complaints.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of December 4):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Xenoblade Chronicles X - €49.99 / £40.99 for those who downloaded Xenoblade Wii until December 18, standard price €59.99 / £49.99 (December 4)
    Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends - €29.99 / £24.99
    Xenoblade Chronicles X Data Packs - free, used in conjunction with disc copies of Xenoblade Chronicles X, 15GB space required to download all packs
  • Basic Pack - speeds up loading/pop-in on environments and terrain
  • Skell Data Pack - speeds up Skell deployment
  • Player Data Pack - speeds up load times when changing/cycling equipment
  • Enemy Data Pack - speeds up loading/pop-in on enemies
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Human Resource Machine - €9.99 / £8.99
WII DOWNLOADS FOR WII U
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - €14.99 / £13.49 until December 18, standard price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby Power Paintbrush (DS) - €4.99 / £4.99 for owners of Mass Attack until December 10, standard price €9.99 / £8.99
    Kirby Mass Attack (DS) - €4.99 / £4.99 for owners of Power Paintbrush until December 10, standard price €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Buy Mario Tennis Ultra Smash on the eShop, get Mario Tennis N64 for free! (Wii U eShop) - ends December 17
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 from December 3-17
    Swords & Soldiers HD (Wii U eShop) - €1/19 / £0.99 from December 3-17
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €0.79 / £0.69 from December 3-17
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €0.79 / £0.69 from December 3-17
    RUSH (Wii U eShop) - €0.79 / £0.69 from December 3-17
    Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 from December 3-31

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. - €39.99 / £34.99 (December 4)
    I Love My Pony (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Picross - free-to-start with microtransactions
  • 200 Picrites - €0.99 / £0.89 the first time, standard price €1.49/£1.39
  • 1000 Picrites - €6.99 / £6.29
  • 2000 Picrites - €12.99 / £11.69
  • 4000 Picrites - €24.99 / £22.49
3DS MENU THEMES (December 4)
    The Winx at Alfea – A fairylicious school - €1.99 / £1.79
    Mia and Me - A Centopic friendship - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until December 17
    Aeternoblade (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.50 from December 3-31
    Football Up Online (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 from December 3-31

Today's one-day-only sales: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii DL): 9.99€, Bayonetta 2 (Wii U): 29.99€, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS): 26.99€, Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS): 19.99€

Note the Xenoblade promo: owning the digital version of Xenoblade Wii gets you 10EUR off the digital version of Xenoblade X, so if you buy the Wii game today and plan on buying the new game at the end of the week you're basically getting the Wii game for free.

The Xenoblade X data packs are only necessary if you're playing the game from the disc; if you buy the digital version you don't need those data packs as your game will automatically load faster. (If you're planning on buying the disc version but don't have space for all the data packs, the basic pack is the one most recommended by Nintendo.)

Zack & Wiki is an underappreciated point-and-click-ish puzzle game by Capcom with lots of Wiimote gimmicks. Get that good game.

Both Kirby games make heavy use of the touchscreen: Power Paintbrush (Canvas Curse) is a ball-rolling game much in the same vein as the recent Rainbow Curse, and Mass Attack is a sidescrolling action/strategy game that's vaguely reminiscent of Pikmin and has a surprising amount of additional minigames. (Note the promo: buying one lets you get the other for half-off for a little while.)

Pokemon Picross' "picrites" serve as both in-game currency and stamina; like Pokemon Rumble World, there's a hard limit to the amount you can buy with real cash.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 30, 2015

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Pretty awesome week.

Gonna have to wait a week or two on Paper Jam Bros since money is tight at the moment - not that I'd have a whole lot of time to play due to Xenoblade. Also gonna check out Pokemon Picross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That is a pretty massive week. I never got to play Zack and Wiki so it's great that they've put it up on the eShop. I'll probably wait to see what people think about Paper Jam Bros. before picking it up. Really looking forward to Xenoblade though.