Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if i never played this game should i get the DLC right away or wait til after i beat it?

The DLC is pretty late game stuff so you could get it whenever before you go to new game +.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

beast father g is the worst

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The old hunters hat loving rules

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

the transformed beasthunter saif is fuckin so fun, im telling ya

that run-up motion has saved my rear end so many times

Dec 26, 2012

church pick is cool to, and that bowblade is baller...so many sweet weapons

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just got 40 insight sucked out of me in the orphanage. I suck

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ludwig rules because he starts as the 'standard' bloodborne boss of giant 4 legged monster with tons of weird limbs and hair, then transforms into an awesome classic Souls style boss fight

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i beat father g while listening to on the media podcast, a podcast from npr. my heart is racing!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the orphan boss is going to take some sort of zen state to beat. im slowly memorizing the moves by their corresponding shrieks and that's cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the orphan boss is going to take some sort of zen state to beat. im slowly memorizing the moves by their corresponding shrieks and that's cool

it's a really extreme fight but, i wish it felt more like i was fighting an alien? i dont know

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he does have that one move where he blankets the entire beach in lightning bolts but otherwise hes the Fish Egg Dude and it ends up looking very silly?? am i alone on this haha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywzUSTwSkaA

lmao of course some crazy rear end in a top hat beat it on NG+7 without taking a hit e: in under a minute ee: actually this is lame he just like megaboosted his visc. attack and killed him with like 4 hits

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 29, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

orphan of kos owns

I grabbed the Moonlight Greatsword on my str/arc character today and it has an amazing moveset. Uses bullets for a lot of the trick attacks though. I'm also trying out all the hunter's tools and they're weird but I like tentacle great combustion and the empty shell. Gonna try and do all the chalice dungeons with this character.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dont forget that they added backstab & parry to the tentacle move. its fun as hell

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

dont forget that they added backstab & parry to the tentacle move. its fun as hell

Yeah it's really nice because I've been using the 2h hunter's axe and whirligig saw for the whole game so I can parry without even having my gun out. definitely neglecting guns this time so I think I'll do a skill/bloodtinge run next and see how that goes.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah it's really nice because I've been using the 2h hunter's axe and whirligig saw for the whole game so I can parry without even having my gun out. definitely neglecting guns this time so I think I'll do a skill/bloodtinge run next and see how that goes.

guns dont do any damage no matter how you spec, they're there for counters.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

gonna use the bowblade and maybe the gun sword

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Kirkhammer is pretty awesome.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

Evelyn can do insane damage vs certain bosses with weak points like Amygdala

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

darkbeast's circle strafe swipe attack has to be some of the biggest bullshit in gaming gently caress that boss

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Evelyn can do insane damage vs certain bosses with weak points like Amygdala

yeah im playing skill/bloodtinge now and this is the case. also they're great for knocking out that last bit of hp safely

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

gonna use the bowblade and maybe the gun sword

reiterpallasch is cool, rifle spear is cool but who gives a poo poo about the rifle part, chikage is where it's at

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got ludwig down to his last tenth of health, but i got nervous and tried to heal too much and got clobbered... i'm reliably getting him to half now at least

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What should I cap my skill at if I'm doing a strength build?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

darkbeast's circle strafe swipe attack has to be some of the biggest bullshit in gaming gently caress that boss

whats bullshit about it. it either hits you or u dodge it lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if u hit it in the face with kirk or ludwigs a couple of times it cant do anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1DMS_cW9U

,my vid. actually, i just realised u could be talking abotu some dlc boss i dont know about. excuse me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive seen your vids and youre very good at the game INRI but you know darkbeast doesn't always behave that well lol. sometimes he spends the whole fight running around like an rear end in a top hat and spamming those super quick swipes, sometimes you pin him down and he does nothing till he dies

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive seen your vids and youre very good at the game INRI but you know darkbeast doesn't always behave that well lol. sometimes he spends the whole fight running around like an rear end in a top hat and spamming those super quick swipes, sometimes you pin him down and he does nothing till he dies

what i mean is, if you hit him with the ludwigs, he basicalyl almost always does the explosion thing. and then turns to face you and does one of his swipes, u dodge through it and hit him again, and he explodes again. and so on. if u cant make him do that pattern, then just run directly away from him. he cant side swipe you then, he has to do the jumping thing. then u hit him with the sword and he explodes etc etc etc. u feel me. also, the fights 100x easier if u dont lock on at all. well, the same goes for any big boss.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

what i mean is, if you hit him with the ludwigs, he basicalyl almost always does the explosion thing. and then turns to face you and does one of his swipes, u dodge through it and hit him again, and he explodes again. and so on. if u cant make him do that pattern, then just run directly away from him. he cant side swipe you then, he has to do the jumping thing. then u hit him with the sword and he explodes etc etc etc. u feel me. also, the fights 100x easier if u dont lock on at all. well, the same goes for any big boss.

this is super good advice actually. i knew not to lock on though lmao youre fighting with the camera more than anything if you do that on any big dude

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
some weapons even have some different moves depending on if youre unlocked or not, like i know the blades of mercy do at least ... bloodborne was definitely made to be played unlocked vs some bosses. i think the cleric beast fight on the narrow bridge is supposed to teach the player that, but it took me until way into the chalices to start relying on it

Dec 26, 2012

i thought its just roll vs quickstep that has different moves but i could be wrong about that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

i thought its just roll vs quickstep that has different moves but i could be wrong about that

yea thats what i mean, the dash r1 and r2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

amygdala is a really good big fight though, you can lock in and hit the head, back off, it's actually designed around that. the other big dudes force you to go under them w/ their patterns and then they get pissed and spam bullshit when you do that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tip: once you get the mats for the Iz chalice youre set for souls forever. the squishy aliens spawn in big packs begging to be killed by an AOE charge up and they give you a billion souls, you can just keep reloading and farm up several 100ks of souls in like 2 minutes. they also drop powerful triangle blood gems like candy and when youre killing so many youre bound to find cursed ones even on a regular Iz chalice

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i cant beat the hunters that are um to the right of the door at the cathedral ward? where you fight vicar i think

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tumor looking batty posted:

i cant beat the hunters that are um to the right of the door at the cathedral ward? where you fight vicar i think

they're pretty tough. they don't aggro at the same time, so you can use that to your advantage and manage the fight a little more effectively.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

on any melee NPC like the first one, just have a quick weapon like the saw or a longsword and swing away. they will run headfirst into your swings and eventually die

the second dude thats very trigger happy, you gotta get in close and force him to swing at you, hes actually pretty hard and you might want to just run past him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Ice Fist posted:

If you're talking about the trolls with the axes you haven't seen anything yet. Those guys pale in comparison to the shark trolls in the third area of the DLC

i found those guys easier to parry minus their dive move which is STUPID and I HATE IT