Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

It looks like they want to be Vanilla Ware.
what does this even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Vanillaware has pretty distinctive art.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Progression in Might and Magic 3 is bizarre and eclectic. I have characters ranging in level from 16 to 24 due to random 'automatic level up' places, everyone is wearing a hodge podge of first-level crap and random insanely powerful things (still only have 2-3 obsidian items between my whole party though) and my characters stats are weighted so bizarrely I have two characters with over 100 Might but about 8 Speed. Photon stuff is great. Especially when it's something like a ring or cape that you can just leave on and get that bonus forever. Sadly one of my guys has a Photon Longsword so at some point I'll need to switch it out for an Obsidian whatever.

Is there any way to de-age? One of my characters just passed 50 and I feel like I'm so close to wrapping up the adventure I don't really want to try to train someone else all the way up to replace her.

After how meandering MM3 was about figuring out where I should head next, I can't imagine how complicated 4/5 is going to be since can't you actually wander back and forth between both games if you want to? Even the not-so-huge world of MM3 has taken me ages to figure out, it's going to be a nightmare trying to figure out how to get around an even bigger one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Looper posted:

what does this even mean
you may recall this image: maybe :nws:, hairy dudes

that's vanillware

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
It's pretty disappointing that Breath of Fire was brought back as a cynical non-game game meant to extract money from people who fondly remember the series, but it's not like it was going to come back at all otherwise. We might as well just pretend that it stayed dead, as it probably should have.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

GulagDolls posted:

the blue wolfman dies at 4 min and they just leave him there

it's a metaphor.

but dang, it looks like an browser mmo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Getsuya posted:

Progression in Might and Magic 3 is bizarre and eclectic. I have characters ranging in level from 16 to 24 due to random 'automatic level up' places, everyone is wearing a hodge podge of first-level crap and random insanely powerful things (still only have 2-3 obsidian items between my whole party though) and my characters stats are weighted so bizarrely I have two characters with over 100 Might but about 8 Speed. Photon stuff is great. Especially when it's something like a ring or cape that you can just leave on and get that bonus forever. Sadly one of my guys has a Photon Longsword so at some point I'll need to switch it out for an Obsidian whatever.

Is there any way to de-age? One of my characters just passed 50 and I feel like I'm so close to wrapping up the adventure I don't really want to try to train someone else all the way up to replace her.

After how meandering MM3 was about figuring out where I should head next, I can't imagine how complicated 4/5 is going to be since can't you actually wander back and forth between both games if you want to? Even the not-so-huge world of MM3 has taken me ages to figure out, it's going to be a nightmare trying to figure out how to get around an even bigger one.

There's a couple quests that span both worlds in 4/5, yeah.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

you may recall this image: maybe :nws:, hairy dudes

that's vanillware

bof6 would be way less disappointing with these bad boys around

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
In fact that art style is perhaps the one thing that could have improved on the perfection that is Kahn.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I was dicking around outside of Swamp Town in MM3 and managed to TPK in Quicksand. Only as I died did I remember that it had been a while since I had actually saved last and there was really no reason to be dicking around so carelessly. Good-bye, Obsidian Flamberge that I happened to pick up after my last save. Probably not a good idea to play MM games when it's 11:30 at night and I'm half awake.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Getsuya posted:

I was dicking around outside of Swamp Town in MM3 and managed to TPK in Quicksand. Only as I died did I remember that it had been a while since I had actually saved last and there was really no reason to be dicking around so carelessly. Good-bye, Obsidian Flamberge that I happened to pick up after my last save. Probably not a good idea to play MM games when it's 11:30 at night and I'm half awake.

:rip:

As for your question about age, there is a way to reverse unnatural aging: once you have access to the pyramids, enter the one in area A2 and you can find a way to restore the Fountain of Youth on Piranha Isle in area B2. Once you've enabled it, you can use it as many times as you like. This can only help you if your character has aged unnaturally (age shown in grey on their character sheet): if their age is shown in green, that's their natural age and they can't go below it. The good news is that until about age 80, aging penalties aren't too severe relative to how high it's possible to pump your stats.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnlXEC8tpM

"Well, BoF6 doesn't look THAT bad. It's a bit cartoonier than before bu... wait, okay, we're getting to the gameplay. Oh! ... oh. Oh. :smith:"

This is just mean-spirited at this point.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It will generate more revenue than any previous Breath of Fire title, even adjusting for inflation.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

It will generate more revenue than any previous Breath of Fire title, even adjusting for inflation.

Shhhh, the investors are listening!

God loving drat it, Capcom

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Winkysoft just filed for bankruptcy. RIP.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Indivisible is 4 days off and it's soo close.

This sucks after seeing that Exist Archive trailer and that game looks kinda bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How close are they?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

$1,343,194 currently, probably going to chuck in another 100 when I can.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They added red from transister.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Jade Empire is free on Origin for anyone who missed it ages ago. Decent game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Star Ocean 5 is delayed a little over a month.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Tae posted:

The Nina doesn't even have wings.

Neither did 3's. I don't think DQ's has them as well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Forest Thief Pud posted:

... Huh?

[

And DQ did, they were actually 'air purifiers' or something like that.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 1, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Forest Thief Pud posted:

??

Wing thingies.

Literally nothing.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm2t6DUDFMc

She has wings in the animated trailer, but it's more in a JRPG Magical Heroine Special Ability sort of way, rather than "I am literally from a race of people who have wings."

Apparently they announced that Ryu was in the game too:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tae posted:

Literally nothing.

they meant the wings, not the clothes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

Literally nothing.

So I see :mrgw:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is it coming to the us, and is it a mobile game?

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
I always attributed adult 3's as fancy stylized ribbons and the like, considering the wings are non-existent in the child version with the waist ribbon being a bigger part of her design, and they have no function in the adult version beyond having something there for the audience. For DQ''s, all I really remembered was her looking waifish in general and the promotional art of her either clinging to Ryu or like hiding behind him.

Regardless, DQ6 looks kind of sad at best.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Forest Thief Pud posted:

I always attributed adult 3's as fancy stylized ribbons and the like, considering the wings are non-existent in the child version with the waist ribbon being a bigger part of her design, and they have no function in the adult version beyond having something there for the audience. For DQ''s, all I really remembered was her looking waifish in general and the promotional art of her either clinging to Ryu or like hiding behind him.

Regardless, DQ6 looks kind of sad at best.

Wasn't there a story point where the wings save her in BoF3 when she falls off a balcony?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
gently caress Nina

Bleu for life

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
I think both times in the castle when she's forced to stay, Honey gets her out by either cushioning the fall off the balcony through magic science or finding the teleporter somewhere in the castle.

Forest Thief Pud fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 1, 2015

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Might have been thinking of 2, where (spoiler I guess) she can't turn into the great bird but her sis(?) ends up becoming it permanently, I think. Still has wings though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Nina's sister seems to draw the short straw a lot in the BOF games. Especially 4 :smith:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qew5EZ3fbzU

a very budget looking valkyria profile clone just popped up for ps4

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qew5EZ3fbzU

a very budget looking valkyria profile clone just popped up for ps4

Why the loving gently caress is Valkyrie Profile Clone suddenly a hot thing now? :psyduck:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That does not look like a good Valkyrie Profile pseudo-clone though. I hope I'm wrong though. Please someone in this thread buy it and then tell me whether it's good or bad.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
This is the result of me using the Monkey's Paw... Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Perfect guards auughhhhhhhh