Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Apparition posted:

What match is this everyone is hyping about and how can I watch it after the fact?

Check here for VODS. We were talking about the finals, mainly game 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

aborn posted:

Do you know something I don't? I don't believe either first-person account, and "fight" describes DH's official statement pretty well.

I'd argue it was likely more of a minor altercation than a straight up fight because NEERRRRRRDS.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
If only rlewis can take thorin with him when he falls from grace and disappears into obscurity.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ghostsauce posted:

All casters are talentless manchildren but the DDKs are the best only because they try to maintain a small charade of professionalism.

I would be slightly interested if Fifflaren replaced Semmler

Fifflaren is funny and a nice guy and is part of the CS:GO master race.

Also one time we saw his butt.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jeza posted:

I took my shotgun only smurf to LEM a couple months ago with my mate, but then his MM broke seemingly permanently. It was getting a little dicey at that point though, although he is/was a big handicap. What gimmick should I use to rank it to Global soloQ? I think shotguns only is probably harder than pistols only. I feel like combining the two is kind of cheating though.

Late to this but what about cz only BUT you gotta pick up the weapon of a dropped enemy (not teammate) if you kill him and you gotta use it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alternatively, pick some SMG and roll with it. Easy ranks and ragetells. Maybe not so easy ranks if you pick Bison.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I had a lot of fun with crabwalk dualies

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I got shotguns to SMFC but at this point it's a slog. Pretty much only ever middle of the pack, and often bad vibes begin to spread. They beg me to stop using my nova even though I'm clearly labelled "SHOTGUN MAN" and I never betray my principles. But then if we start losing people pretty invariably blame me. T side is mad difficult also. Shotties would be so much better with just a little more armour pen. You just get these gross situations where you get two almost full headshots at mid range and they just awkwardly spray you down with 25 bullets.

One funny thing is, even without saying anything, shotguns will spread on the server like an infection. Your team will start using them, the other team sometimes too. Some kind of unconscious suggestion going on or what.

Xenaero posted:

Late to this but what about cz only BUT you gotta pick up the weapon of a dropped enemy (not teammate) if you kill him and you gotta use it

I quite like this, but I think what would happen is I'd end up with a rifle semi-often anyway.

kalstrams posted:

Alternatively, pick some SMG and roll with it. Easy ranks and ragetells. Maybe not so easy ranks if you pick Bison.

I think I'll go UMP only. It's kiiiinda bad, but it still has armour pen so it'll make me feel less like killing myself.

BabeLiker90 posted:

I had a lot of fun with crabwalk dualies

The man who takes crabwalk dualies to Global, I will fall to my knees and worship them as a god.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I've started playing Head Shot only DM. I think I'm getting better. Also changed to bright pink, shorter, fatter, dot-less, crosshairs.

The only real difference in the last two days has been that I've started to actually try and "track" my shots instead of just flailing my crosshairs around in the general direction of the dudes heads and hoping one connects.

Although in the last two days since I started playing on this one server they switched to pistols only. Which isn't so bad, but I need to find another HS DM server that let's you use rifles.

Alternatively: Does anyone know of any training maps with HSDM built in so I can just grind against bots?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
HSDM is a waste in a spray-happy game like GO. Just do regular FFA.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jeza posted:

I think I'll go UMP only. It's kiiiinda bad, but it still has armour pen so it'll make me feel less like killing myself.
I pretty much went Global with UMP, by large. I consider it to be best SMG, by large, if you aren't a closet progamer or something, mainly due to armour penetration you mention - as long as you are able to shoot it plausibly well, you very often will deal at least 67 damage to an armoured opponent at close-medium range.

On the other hand, I have a rather specific game preferences and a few particular considerations in mind when choosing what to buy, and an example to follow as well, so your mileage will likely vary.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
You could probably get Global with only the 500 dollar pistols and the scout and it'd be a lot of fun because those guns have a lot of movement

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeza posted:

I quite like this, but I think what would happen is I'd end up with a rifle semi-often anyway.

What if at the start of every round you have to drop the gun and go back to CZ?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

mcvey posted:

HSDM is a waste in a spray-happy game like GO. Just do regular FFA.

Really? even for pistol practice?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Crain posted:

Really? even for pistol practice?

Pistols it'd be good for, yeah.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Famethrowa posted:

Yup!

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Better watch some how to videos

Is there any reason you've got PMs off?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

For the sake of discussion, does anyone else notice that they do better in games when slightly tired? I'm fairly sure I had best game of my life today, and I've slept for less than 5 hours.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Pistol Round Pro Tip: Play real far away as CT, real fuckin close as T. Dont get armor.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mcvey posted:

Pistol Round Pro Tip: Play real far away as CT, real fuckin close as T. Dont get armor.

You can get armor on t side because most the time people are crap and can't get headshots and it takes like 40 shots with a usp to the body to kill you with armor. But if your whole team has armor, get a flash and smoke.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 30, 2015

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I like to buy armor and then beg a teammate for a tec 9

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Also save yourself $300 so you can get a guaranteed scout 2nd round if you lose :c00lbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I always buy smoke. I'll get flash(es) if needed, or drop Tec-9/5-7 if one of my strong aiming friends is in game.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I die to an instant headshot from any range in pistol rounds, so I'm just going to stop spending any money on them

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I always buy armor in pistol rounds, we either win or lose the round depending on how good stuff goes

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Depths posted:

I always buy armor in pistol rounds, we either win or lose the round depending on how good stuff goes

hard hitting tactics stuff

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pistol tip: Never not 5-7/CZ

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

For the sake of discussion, does anyone else notice that they do better in games when slightly tired? I'm fairly sure I had best game of my life today, and I've slept for less than 5 hours.

Maybe you are a nervous player and you perform better when you are more relaxed. Also, no.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qhat posted:

Maybe you are a nervous player and you perform better when you are more relaxed. Also, no.
I guess it's me since I'm usually very absent minded with regards to focusing on something particular in a game for too long, so the tiredness shuts down the part of the mind which wanders off and distracts from the game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
CT pistol side strat: always buy an HE to toss at a rushed spot. 90% of the time you hit nothing, but when you and a buddy land it in the middle of 5 people and kill them it's worth it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

CT pistol side strat: always buy an HE to toss at a rushed spot. 90% of the time you hit nothing, but when you and a buddy land it in the middle of 5 people and kill them it's worth it.

Also (a duurr bit of advice from a bad person who just figured this out): after the pistol round only bother with HE grenades if you've managed to force the other team onto an eco round/broken their economy.

They're loving useless if anyone has armor.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

You literally just have to wait an extra 2 seconds to prenade the common spots; most people stop for 2 seconds to wait for the well-known nade. Then you're golden.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Hey, side question: Why does everyone (well, not everyone, but a lot of people) seem to think that there's a secret T side only Sniper that Valve might be developing?

Every update I see people post (on other sites) that maybe there's going to be a new T sided sniper that's suited for attacking instead of whatever the AWP is now.

Was there a post from Valve about it or is this just idiocy?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is just people crying post AWP-nerf that they can not play it aggressively anymore.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The T-sided sniper rifle is already in the game and it's called the sg553

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bohemian Nights posted:

The T-sided sniper rifle is already in the game and it's called the sg553

This has the added advantage of people getting mad and yelling "GO BACK TO COD!"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Ah, got it. Post nerf tears.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Methanar posted:

Is there any reason you've got PMs off?

My PMs are off? Weird. Try it now :)

Or shoot me a message http://steamcommunity.com/id/famethrowa

kalstrams posted:

This is just people crying post AWP-nerf that they can not play it aggressively anymore.

How can they not use it aggressively??? It's still easymode!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't see any reason why they would upset the sacred game balance of CS in such a way, especially since the AWP exists. I guess they could make a G3 replacement that is basically the AWP and the only major changes are that the barrel extends a little further and it's $1000 less than the regular AWP. And maybe it has a little bit less ammo.

Then again who knows, maybe they want to shake up the game and sell more gun skins and tomorrow we will have a FN FAL on CT side and a new sniper for the Ts.

e: I highly doubt it overall. Don't see a speck of smoke from the reddit.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 30, 2015

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

LochNessMonster posted:

Let's hope for esports athletes will egg him on during the ESL events so he can gently caress off there as well.

RL basically already has, he wont do an event without Thorin. Thorin is banned from ESL because he made racist comments on the air or some poo poo.

EDIT:
The Unknown 5th player on the Cloud9 site is apparently an outline of Get_Right. Tinfoil hat time! http://cloud9.gg/csgo/

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I hope this ist rue

• Locked thread