Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I wonder why they got rid of the shirt labels in the anime.

the japanese government doesn't want to depict neets in positions of authority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Stairmaster posted:

the japanese government doesn't want to depict neets in positions of authority

I believe that's not the first time the shirt labels got removed here.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

SCHOOL CHILD

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
LITTLE GIRL

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

GAKI

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brownieftw posted:

I believe that's not the first time the shirt labels got removed here.

the people making this anime don't know how to read

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
I didn't want to post in the ANIME thread because of the spoilery spoilers but this nine minute over-analysis of the OPM OP is pretty loving sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syXo_JeSzuE

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Berk Berkly posted:

I didn't want to post in the ANIME thread because of the spoilery spoilers but this nine minute over-analysis of the OPM OP is pretty loving sweet:

This is pretty rad but I'm still mostly surprised at the earth's continent and how i didn't notice it before.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Didn't want to offend their target audience

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing the english shirt labels got removed because the anime will be translated into a lot of different languages.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I'm loving hyped for Boros holy poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If the Sea King punch was that awesome, just imagine the Boros punch! gently caress!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If they stick the landing on Boros this would hace to be the best adaptation in at least 5 years

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Waffleman_ posted:

If the Sea King punch was that awesome, just imagine the Boros punch! gently caress!

:vince:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Berk Berkly posted:

"Note that King takes a place of prominence, because King is the best"

Truer words were never spoken.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
From Murata's twitter:

Garou and Metal Bat getting pissed at Murata for being slow, Murata frantically drawing more legs on the centipede :allears:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

I just noticed the King Engine roaring in the background.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

AnonSpore posted:

From Murata's twitter:

Garou and Metal Bat getting pissed at Murata for being slow, Murata frantically drawing more legs on the centipede :allears:

I love Murata

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Compendium posted:

I love Murata

I saw that but wasn't quite sure what was going on. So cool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't wait to hear the KING ENGINE roar and Metal Bat next week.

I'm unreasonably hyped for those 2 things. Even more than the serious series punch.

e:
Also "... ok"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 30, 2015

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
So I just reread the sea king part and noticed that the prophecy about the Earth being in trouble comes immediately after Saitama choosing to take the fall as a cheat to make sure the other heroes got there due. Kind of makes me think that the prophecy is about Saitama. Are there other compelling theories about the prophecy?

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Wittgen posted:

So I just reread the sea king part and noticed that the prophecy about the Earth being in trouble comes immediately after Saitama choosing to take the fall as a cheat to make sure the other heroes got there due. Kind of makes me think that the prophecy is about Saitama. Are there other compelling theories about the prophecy?

a bad thing is gonna happen and it'll be bad

seriously though so much bad poo poo happens to saitamaworld the thread of the prophecy isn't really that interesting

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wittgen posted:

Well, Boros was one, given his complete annihilation of a city, but he got taken out so fast that the prophecy is probably a looming threat still. It's probably not Garou either, as cool as he is. Whatever comes next, perhaps?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Wittgen posted:

I am pretty sure we have seen Saitama punch the ground before and it didn't destroy the Earth.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Wittgen posted:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Berk Berkly posted:

Wait, I don't recall seeing that giant snowmen before. Which extra chapter is that from?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mygna posted:

Wait, I don't recall seeing that giant snowmen before. Which extra chapter is that from?

It's one from the end of volume 1. I believe it's just a little scene after Saitama's middle school days.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My theory on the prophecy is it was about Boros, but then Saitama punched him so hard fate broke.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The prophet lady was probably foreseeing Boros's ship blitzing the one city, and she got so stressed watching all those timelines of all those lives cut off that she didn't bother looking further into the future.

Or, the true threat is still to come (and it isn't Garou or anybody introduced so far.)

Fortune telling is pretty unreliable, as Saitama says.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The prophecy is about the end of the manga where Saitama goes evil and it's up to King and Genos to stop him!!!! :twisted:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I doubt that ONE would do a derivative plot like that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Does anyone know how well the anime is being received in Japan? I wanna hope for a second season eventually that'll cover the Garou arc (or at least part of it) and, more importantly, the King arc. But anime production is a well known fickle industry and perceived popularity doesn't really translate into commercial success.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Crain posted:

Does anyone know how well the anime is being received in Japan? I wanna hope for a second season eventually that'll cover the Garou arc (or at least part of it) and, more importantly, the King arc. But anime production is a well known fickle industry and perceived popularity doesn't really translate into commercial success.

If there wasn't a market for it, it wouldn't exist.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

The prophecy is about the end of the manga where Saitama goes evil and it's up to King and Genos to stop him!!!! :twisted:

He goes SO EVIL that he uses coupons after their expiration date.

...And that's pretty much it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think there is any proof he wouldn't do that if he could get away with it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I assumed the prophecy was about Boros and was pretty much irrelevant. It was just another way of hyping him up as a world-threatening being before he gets punched.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Clarste posted:

I assumed the prophecy was about Boros and was pretty much irrelevant. It was just another way of hyping him up as a world-threatening being before he gets punched.

Yeah, this is what I got out of it too. Especially since Boros had made a big point about only being here because of a different prophecy. The fact Saitama resolved the prophecy so easily and before anyone else had seen what it was about is the big joke of it all, and the fact Shichi still takes the prophecy seriously even after the fact doesn't mean we, the audience, should take stock in that prophecy anymore.

It's possible it could still be talking about something else but it doesn't really matter either way. It was probably about Boros, possibly about something that still hasn't come yet, but no matter how it shakes out, the fact is the prophecy is way too vague to be relevant at all anymore. Even if it still hasn't come to pass yet, what can anyone even do about it? What impact or measure could it have on the story anymore? Basically,

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, I took it to mean Boros. It's right before he appears and all.

For some reason, I remembered it happening immediately before the meteor stuff though. Not sure how, but thinking about that it's kind of funny that so far Boros is the only probable God level threat we've seen. Considering a meteor falls into the exact definition pretty much perfectly and then some... but that was only considered Dragon level. A good way to highlight that they're almost always completely irrelevant, and the HA doesn't really know what they're doing I guess. :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, I took it to mean Boros. It's right before he appears and all.

For some reason, I remembered it happening immediately before the meteor stuff though. Not sure how, but thinking about that it's kind of funny that so far Boros is the only probable God level threat we've seen. Considering a meteor falls into the exact definition pretty much perfectly and then some... but that was only considered Dragon level. A good way to highlight that they're almost always completely irrelevant, and the HA doesn't really know what they're doing I guess. :v:

That meteor apparently wouldn't have resulted in total human extinction :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
It also literally never get's mentioned again. We're several arcs past the Boros arc in the manga and not once was it every mentioned as if it were an ongoing issue that the HA is looking into.

If it were still a plot point then someone from the HA in one of the multiple board meeting scenes since Boros would have at least brought up "Hey what about that psychics prediction that we were hosed 6 ways from sunday?".