Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Eifert Posting posted:

How do you mention covers that are better than the original without bringing up Summer of your Love by ClaHendrix.

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=967

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
that was the most embarrassing use of music I have ever seen in a show or movie I had to immediately stop watching the second that song started playing

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViytdVbGafY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love how willing Roiland is to loan himself out for voices. This, the Meeseeks voice mod for Skyrim, the Dota announcers.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I need to know more about this Skyrim mod. The Meseeks are my favorite b-plot.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I need to know more about this Skyrim mod. The Meseeks are my favorite b-plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYg1N1h1i4M

I think it's still being worked on though, didn't see a link to a finished mod in my meager googling attempt at least.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brightman posted:

I think it's still being worked on though, didn't see a link to a finished mod in my meager googling attempt at least.

Roiland's assistant finally managed to get in touch with the maker yesterday on Reddit. So cogs are finally turning after months.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The skyrim mod was just using clips from the show.

Neat that roiland is gonna get involved

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

starkebn posted:

that's some weird cognitive dissonance rather than just saying "I think Johnny Cash did it better"

So what are your thoughts on trains?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Mooktastical posted:

So what are your thoughts on trains?

Did you realise a lot of the rhythms Johnny Cash used in his songs sound like trains chugging along the tracks?

Funny how the trains managed to make those sound he came up with before he was even born.

*this joke is as bad as previous attempts at Johnny Cash joke in this thread.

**Johnny Cash did actually base the rhythms on the sound of trains

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Brightman posted:

I made the mistake of letting that play to the end and seeing the suggested videos. It's nice to know so many people have dedicated their free time to coding giant-titted pregnant women in bikinis shooting magic from their nipples into their video games.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Practical Demon posted:

I made the mistake of letting that play to the end and seeing the suggested videos. It's nice to know so many people have dedicated their free time to coding giant-titted pregnant women in bikinis shooting magic from their nipples into their video games.

That seems like an oddly specific fetish.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I've had a few cases where covers have been as good as or better than the original song.

Rick and morty is a cover of one of my favorite movies.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

KoRMaK posted:

I've had a few cases where covers have been as good as or better than the original song.

This happens a lot. See Triple J (Aussie radio station) "like a version" where they get big name bands to play covers.

My derail about "hurt" is just stupid and I'm going to stop now.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh poo poo how could i forget one of my favorite songs is a cover of a song that i cant stand

human music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCSuZo1qaY

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

has anyone posted the thing where season 3 is a 19 episode order?

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/107810/20151123/rick-morty-season-3-ordered-adult-swim-19-episodes-dan.htm

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

quote:

Harmon stated, "I would like to see a marriage between Minecraft as the lo-fi thing in exchange for this amazing -- the creation of the world as you walk into it. Blending that technology, you have a portal gun and you can shoot it -- you can go to really specific dimensions but you can also just go to random ones that are put together."

Of course Harmon's first thought is Minecraft. It's pretty much the only game he's ever admitted to playing (and having an addiction to) on Harmontown.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland/status/670352853018374144

Roiland shot that rumor down.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

19 episodes confirmed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2017 :smith:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
What am I missing?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Head down, rear end up? Or whatever it is

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The_Doctor posted:

Head down, rear end up? Or whatever it is

"Head Bent Over"

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Rick Dance song. The Rick Dance, also. Theme song.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 29, 2015

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

What the gently caress is this website? 3 of the paragraphs basically say the same thing.

quote:

With that being said, Adult Swim officially announced that they already ordered for a renewal last October. Meanwhile, Dan Harmon teased some spoilers and revealed that they might make a video game for the adult series.

quote:

In addition to that, Adult Swim officially confirmed the show's renewal last September 2015 even before the 2nd installment ended last October 2015.

quote:

Moreover, the network also announced that they renewed the show even before season 2 has ended.

Did a robot generate this poo poo or something?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Stealthed Zombie posted:

What the gently caress is this website? 3 of the paragraphs basically say the same thing.

With it just being credited as "Staff Writer" and how it's written it's quite possible that it was just robot generated. The more likely explanation is that a really lovely writer pooped it out and the editor doesn't care at all about the quality of the work on the site. I edited online news stories for almost two years, and I can definitely confirm that writers can and will turn in horrible and repetitive stories when they try to rephrase news that was posted elsewhere. This writer was probably told to rephrase existing news, and in doing so he or she had to phrase things in a worse way.

At least my sites had standards and wouldn't start sentences with "Morever," or "However," though.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Robot generated articles aren't that bad and repetitive

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stealthed Zombie posted:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Stealthed Zombie posted:

"You write cartoon news"

"Oh my god"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

"You write cartoon news"

"Oh my god"

Yeah.

Welcome to the club, pal.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're here to help you relax morty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zre9FhhxR7k

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Came here to post that, good lord.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
At least they get across how disgusting the burgers are. And how you feel robbed when you have one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"They're stealing stuff Rick, they're stealing stuff!" :xd:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jerusalem posted:

Wow I didn't even notice that line the first time

:lol:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

that plumbus on the top shelf :allears:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I have no idea about this franchise but man I hate over sauced drippy burgers. They really managed to nail how unappealing and gross burgers can be.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jerusalem posted:

That line made me laugh out loud like an idiot.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
the gently caress was that

really I don't know how to respond to that, other than I assume they got paid and that's fine I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
"They're getting sauce all over my bed!"

I like Carls Jr as maybe a once a year thing. They do good on the ads, though!

• Locked thread