Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Revol posted:

I already posted this on the main thread, but I think this is only solvable with a mod, so:

I don't want to have the second floor reach to the wall of the front of the building here, to create some open space. Problem is, that means that where there are no floors, where will be this big gap between the first and second story walls.

Custom models can be added to the game now, right? I thought I saw a new tool just come out. If so, I'd say one of the first additions that should be added to settlement building is a gap filler, a "wall" as tall as the height of the ceiling/floor tile.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2683/

this allows you to place some objects slightly overlapping. It's pretty limited and a bit janky but might get you what you need.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Solemn Sloth posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2683/

this allows you to place some objects slightly overlapping. It's pretty limited and a bit janky but might get you what you need.

That doesn't make up for the extra space I need to fill. And I'm already using Place in Red, which goes far beyond what that mod can do.

But I figured it out, explanation here.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Is there a mod for linking Home Base to a supply line, or is that not feasible yet?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Kea posted:

Someone allready made an armored armor for dogmeat mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2872/

Going to try to add legendary prefixes too!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

Is there a mod that lets me finish Curie's personal quest but not have her be a synth. She's just so loving boring like that. Ideally, and I'll probably end up doing this when the GECK comes out, I'd have a choice to put her in different robot bodies like maybe a cleaned up gen2 synth or a white assaultron, that would loving own.

I'd think we'd all be happy if she could turn into one of those sex-robots from Rick & Morty. Including the balled up form so she could become an eye-bot at will and pop out a baby in the middle of the settlements forcing all settlers to freak out as the baby will be set to a hostile faction, but also immortal.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

I'd think we'd all be happy if she could turn into one of those sex-robots from Rick & Morty. Including the balled up form so she could become an eye-bot at will and pop out a baby in the middle of the settlements forcing all settlers to freak out as the baby will be set to a hostile faction, but also immortal.

Are you OK

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I seem to remember some mod that makes 100 power boxes or something- anyone know what I'm talking about?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

CommissarMega posted:

I seem to remember some mod that makes 100 power boxes or something- anyone know what I'm talking about?

Kea posted:

edit2: use 000cff77 for the circuit breaker thingy from diamond citys house (provides 100 power), placeatme it, attatch a wire and it will magically become a workshop object (no dont ask me why i have no loving idea)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

No, season 3 is still not here.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Oh. I just discovered that this thread existed. I should probably be posting Full Dialogue Interface updates here and not cluttering up the main thread. I'm dumb.

Anyways, can you fine folks bring me up to speed on the current state of FO4Edit? Do mods/edits made with it still carry a risk of save corruption or game instability?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Cirosan posted:

Oh. I just discovered that this thread existed. I should probably be posting Full Dialogue Interface updates here and not cluttering up the main thread. I'm dumb.

Anyways, can you fine folks bring me up to speed on the current state of FO4Edit? Do mods/edits made with it still carry a risk of save corruption or game instability?

As far as we know FO4Edit is safe.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thanks, man!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Roadie posted:

Is there a mod for linking Home Base to a supply line, or is that not feasible yet?

When I want to work on Home Base I just turn on god mode in the console, it gives you infinite materials for building. It's not like prettying up your pad is gonna unbalance anything.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Those circuit breakers don't actually seem to do anything. I can connect them to my grid and the power icon is green, but flicking them on/off does nothing and my power doesn't change. Would've been nice to cut down on the enormous amount of tris I'm devoting to generators in the Castle. :smith:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cirosan posted:

Oh. I just discovered that this thread existed. I should probably be posting Full Dialogue Interface updates here and not cluttering up the main thread.
Don't worry, it's really not clutter (especially given the quality of that thread).

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

Those circuit breakers don't actually seem to do anything. I can connect them to my grid and the power icon is green, but flicking them on/off does nothing and my power doesn't change. Would've been nice to cut down on the enormous amount of tris I'm devoting to generators in the Castle. :smith:

The ones I linked should work fine, place them then link a wire from somewhere else to them, youll then be able to move them with the workshop and they will start giving 100 power each.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Kea posted:

The ones I linked should work fine, place them then link a wire from somewhere else to them, youll then be able to move them with the workshop and they will start giving 100 power each.

000cff77 places and attaches fine, it just doesn't actually produce any power, and the switch light is off.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 30, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

000cff77 places and attaches fine, it just doesn't actually produce any power, and the switch light is off.

Thats really weird, I am using 4 of them in my base right now, it wont increase the settlement power rating for some reason but it is certainly producing power.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Kea posted:

Thats really weird, I am using 4 of them in my base right now, it wont increase the settlement power rating for some reason but it is certainly producing power.

Derp, I had 52 generators and didn't want to remove them unless I knew this worked. My graphics card thanks you.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pretty much yeah. For me, in some places the switch light is on, and in others it's not. It does work, though, just without adding its power output to the town's rating. Also I'm probably going to get OCD from the thing always spawning at dumb angles I can't correct.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I imagine someone could mod in a new generator with FO4Edit that takes the appearance of the largest one but multiplies both the power output and the materials required.

Or perhaps something more sensible like those generator things that you find everywhere with fusion cores in them.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Inverness posted:

I imagine someone could mod in a new generator with FO4Edit that takes the appearance of the largest one but multiplies both the power output and the materials required.

Or perhaps something more sensible like those generator things that you find everywhere with fusion cores in them.

Yeah don't doubt it could be done, might be a nice quality of life mod.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Aw man now that there's a reliable tool for making .esps modders are already letting the scope of their mods get away from them. I saw that WET- Water Enhancement Textures updated and there's now an .esp that lowers the amount of rads water gives you.

Given how trivial it is to make a second mod page, do they do this so they can push their lame ideas out to everyone who made the mistake of tracking their TEXTURE mod? I might even like a mod that tweaks rads but tacking it onto the side of your texture mod has that ol :nexus: stink on it.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 30, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

FadedReality posted:

Aw man now that there's a reliable tool for making .esps modders are already letting the scope of their mods get away from them. I saw that WET- Water Enhancement Textures updated and there's now an .esp that lowers the amount of rads water gives you.

Given how trivial it is to make a second mod page, do they do this so they can push their lame ideas out to everyone who made the mistake of tracking their TEXTURE mod? I might even like a mod that tweaks rads but tacking it onto the side of your texture mod has that ol :nexus: stink on it.

If anything I would prefer MORE rads.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Seems pretty trivial when you can take a single perk to turn water from a hazard to a terrain feature.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inverness posted:

There's already a mod that just lets you set the power output of a generator to like 10k so you don't need a million of them, but I agree that it'd be nice to have one that multiplied the mats. I don't mind paying for them, I just don't want a million generators running.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

FadedReality posted:

Yeah, it's mostly the mindset of: I have this mod that's really popular and this idea for a new one that I can tangentially link to that one, so I'm just going to roll it into the popular mod rather than let it stand on its own.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

FadedReality posted:

Feature creep is a hosed up thing and most modders can't imagine why someone wouldn't want the side effect of Molerats being bright pink and screaming the Jon Cena theme at the top of their lungs in a mod that gives the Gauss Rifle +3 damage, "cause it's hilarious lol??????????". I saw someone in the earlier days of FO4 modding do something like this, ended up passive aggressively making a "NO FUN ALLOWED" optional esp after community backlash.

Thing is with the Nexus hosed up moderator staff and policies you can't even make a mod that removes the pink molerats from the original mod without getting banned for stealing.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Dongattack posted:

Feature creep is a hosed up thing and most modders can't imagine why someone wouldn't want the side effect of Molerats being bright pink and screaming the Jon Cena theme at the top of their lungs in a mod that gives the Gauss Rifle +3 damage, "cause it's hilarious lol??????????". I saw someone in the earlier days of FO4 modding do something like this, ended up passive aggressively making a "NO FUN ALLOWED" optional esp after community backlash.

Thing is with the Nexus hosed up moderator staff and policies you can't even make a mod that removes the pink molerats from the original mod without getting banned for stealing.

Or oblivion gates in every city in skyrim...

strong bird
May 12, 2009

hosed up that I can't literally profit off someone else's hard work

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

strong bird posted:

hosed up that I can't literally profit off someone else's hard work

If this is a reference to mods to remove some of the extra features from someone elses mod theres no profit in it. A guy made a well liked mod but added a feature few people liked, Someone uploaded a fix mod that used none of that guys work in it and got banned and it got taken down.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Azhais posted:

There's already a mod that just lets you set the power output of a generator to like 10k so you don't need a million of them, but I agree that it'd be nice to have one that multiplied the mats. I don't mind paying for them, I just don't want a million generators running.

There's one called Better Generators where the author is vehemently refusing to re-do the mod in FO4Edit.

On the other hand, there's Wattz Powerful Generators and Water Pumps that proclaims that it uses FO4Edit:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3470/

EDIT: They don't seem to increase the cost though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Kea posted:

If this is a reference to mods to remove some of the extra features from someone elses mod theres no profit in it. A guy made a well liked mod but added a feature few people liked, Someone uploaded a fix mod that used none of that guys work in it and got banned and it got taken down.

People in video game modding communities getting so far up their own rear end is one of the best parts for me imho because the hilarity can not be beat.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Need someone to add some Sunset Sarsaparillas to the game

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Someone needs to replace all the male VA's lines with Philip J. Fry.

"Need something?"

(Barter) "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014
Craftable Alcohol, for those runs using Party Boy/Girl:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1964/

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Someone needs to replace all the male VA's lines with Philip J. Fry.

"Need something?"

(Barter) "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

I think this'd be actually pretty feasible, if somebody had enough time on their hands and an encyclopedic knowledge of all of Futurama.

Which is to say, it's probably guaranteed to show up in another six months.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

KakerMix posted:

People in video game modding communities getting so far up their own rear end is one of the best parts for me imho because the hilarity can not be beat.

If you want to see something real :psyduck:, go look at the comments on the Remove Interior Fog mod. Pages of super mad arguing over a subjective change to visuals.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I wish I had a way to make screws. I suppose getting the scrapper perk will help, but I just want to build a screw-making machine. Come on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Reason posted:

Need someone to add some Sunset Sarsaparillas to the game
There was a mod that turned Nuka-Cola Quantum into Sunset Sarsparilla, but I guess it vanished. :ghost:

• Locked thread