Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

rickiep00h posted:

Everywhere around here is still loaded with Simpsons minifigs. Still haven't seen monsters in the wild.
I just saw them for the first time at a Target last week. I'm not sure if Halloween made them fly off the shelves, or if every place just ordered a whole bunch of Simpsons, but they're finally starting to saturate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've consistently seen monsters at Walgreens since they were released. They stock a lot of little blind bag type toys and I don't think that many people think to check there.

They had hundreds of them at Target the last time I was there too and obviously the Lego store should have them in stock. The lego store is the best place to buy them because they will feel the bags for you and I think they even swap them out of you get the wrong one.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Lego is sending me this for Wall-E:

I was hoping it would be that ball/socket joint like bionicles use, now I'm curious what the fix will look like. Tried searching for new instruction scans but haven't found anything so far. I thought the neck base wasn't great but the problem was the crazy swivel head. I guess that's the way they want it.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 24, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The fix is illustrated here:

http://brickset.com/article/17707

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

ChesterJT posted:

Lego is sending me this for Wall-E:

Did you just send them an email to get it?

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Finally completed my monster minifigure set! Now I have a bunch of duplicates I don't know what to do with. What do you do with yours?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Van Dis posted:

Finally completed my monster minifigure set! Now I have a bunch of duplicates I don't know what to do with. What do you do with yours?

I usually send them to myself, oddly enough. Feel free to send yours to me as well, especially if you have the fly.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Cloks posted:

I usually send them to myself, oddly enough. Feel free to send yours to me as well, especially if you have the fly.

I could do that, if you have any of the Simpsons figs I'm looking for. Email me.

Van Dis fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 21, 2015

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

xzzy posted:

The fix is illustrated here:

http://brickset.com/article/17707

Thanks for the instruction link. It still begs the question of why they are sending the pieces they are. They aren't sending a ball and socket set, they're sending more of the studded 1x4 and 1x2s which are the main structure of the neck.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Did you just send them an email to get it?

Yup, just sent one to the regular customer service email saying i bought the set and heard there was a fix out.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
This one took me a second because the little build looked fun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

benito posted:

This one took me a second because the little build looked fun.

There's a real version though?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

The_Doctor posted:

There's a real version though?

Yeah but you don't have to see a galactic dermatologist for that one

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Brick Friday just went live, doesn't look like much is on sale, or maybe I'm not seeing the right stuff.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

If you're interested in Dimensions, Toys R Us is the place to hit. On Friday, starting at 7 through Saturday close, Starter sets for 35% off, Buy 1 get 1 40% off for all expansions. On Thursday (5pm-midnight), it's buy 1 get 1 60% off for all the fun packs (the $15 ones). Ultra Agents are 30% off Thursday-Saturday, and a single Chima set and the Coast Guard Patrol are 40% off Thursday only.

Most other places that sell games also have Dimensions starters on sale, but usually no more than $20.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Just realized that some Lego sets from 10-15 years ago that I have seem to have some value on ebay. Do people use this thread to link to lego stuff for sale in the proper forum? I'd rather sell to a goon than something eBay style.

Didn't see any rules in this thread or the diy rules thread about buying and selling, so unsure if mentioning is off limits.

They're 7181 (star wars ultimate tie interceptor) and 8652 (enzo ferarri). Both are unopened.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

falz posted:

Just realized that some Lego sets from 10-15 years ago that I have seem to have some value on ebay. Do people use this thread to link to lego stuff for sale in the proper forum? I'd rather sell to a goon than something eBay style.

Didn't see any rules in this thread or the diy rules thread about buying and selling, so unsure if mentioning is off limits.

They're 7181 (star wars ultimate tie interceptor) and 8652 (enzo ferarri). Both are unopened.
Myself and a few others have sold sets numerous times, I say go for our and join the club.

How much on the Enzo?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is Lego doing anything for Black Friday in the UK?

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Rythe posted:

Myself and a few others have sold sets numerous times, I say go for our and join the club.

How much on the Enzo?

Uhmm looking at ebay sold listings as at least a reference they seem to vary. One sold in Oct for $115, another sold more recently but they accepted an offer and it doesn't say (they were asking $160. $110 + shipping? (which I have not calculated). Here are photos, the box is sealed, the left side of it has some bends in it.

* https://imgur.com/a/PVJQD

Here's the TIE interceptor - the box is open but all of the baggies have not been opened. These seem to go for a lot more than expected, seems like $500+ or so for some reason.

* https://imgur.com/a/TZsyN

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
:aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BISNBL1VX3A

http://www.lovehulten.com/brixsystem.html

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Literally 0 friday stuff in Germany.

On the upside, I got to work on a tiny translation for the lego online store today for an upcoming offer. :-)
I can't tell you more and it wouldn't blow your minds, but it was awesome to work on a lego project.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
UK Lego store has about 10 things on sale, nothing you'd particularly want.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

On the note of selling Lego, where's the best place to sell it in the UK? Craigslist is practically non-existent here and ebay has many wonderful fees to pay.

For reference I'm wanting to sell a sealed 10188 Death Star with the May the 4th bonus stuff.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I just used Ebay. You can get a decent amount for some older big sets, but it's been quite a few years since I sold anything so it might have changed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Last time I sold on Ebay they held on to my money for over a month with no recourse. This was despite the fact that I use paypal quite a bit and have 100% positive seller rating on Ebay, and they guy that bought the item (which cost 50 dollars to ship) had left me glowing feedback within 3 days. They said "we are just gonna hold on to this 600 dollars for up to 30 days to make sure everything was legit, and released it to me something close to 40 days after the auction. If you are looking for quick cash to buy presents with that death star, avoid Ebay like the plague.

Edit: Oh and fees were laughably huge. I think I forked over over $100 to them in the end. gently caress ebay.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 27, 2015

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Went to the Lego store today in the US, my short stained friend and I were first in line. Got an AT AT and pirates chess for half off.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Hopper posted:

Literally 0 friday stuff in Germany.

On the upside, I got to work on a tiny translation for the lego online store today for an upcoming offer. :-)
I can't tell you more and it wouldn't blow your minds, but it was awesome to work on a lego project.

I just came into the thread to post the opposite. Galeria Kaufhof has 20% on all lego sets, and didn't bother removing previous discounts. I ordered the ecto 1 for 36 euros and a second Arocs for 152.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ika posted:

I just came into the thread to post the opposite. Galeria Kaufhof has 20% on all lego sets, and didn't bother removing previous discounts. I ordered the ecto 1 for 36 euros and a second Arocs for 152.

Yeah I meant by lego itself. Sorry for being unclear. They announced great offers and then it was 6 models

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Went to the Southcenter store today, hoping for a refreshed PAB wall (nope, still the same pick-a-model like 3 months running), but noticed the Temple of Airjitzu has a freebie included if you bought it. Another $50 Ninjago set, so it was sorta 25% off. I waffled for a while and eventually got it so I could get the gingerbread house bonus. Usually these sorta things are 'Buy $100 set, get 30-piece polybag for free', not 'Buy $200 set, get 500+ piece set free'.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Boom. Bought 6 packs of monsters and got the last 3 we needed in the first 4 packs.

Kids will each get one in their stockings now.

I have 3 werewolves, a zombie cheerleader, and a video game guy up for trade!

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Pyroclastic posted:

Went to the Southcenter store today, hoping for a refreshed PAB wall (nope, still the same pick-a-model like 3 months running), but noticed the Temple of Airjitzu has a freebie included if you bought it. Another $50 Ninjago set, so it was sorta 25% off. I waffled for a while and eventually got it so I could get the gingerbread house bonus. Usually these sorta things are 'Buy $100 set, get 30-piece polybag for free', not 'Buy $200 set, get 500+ piece set free'.

drat, makes me feel bad for having bought it during double points.

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
I have a tub full of sets that I no longer want. I bought a bunch of mini creator and star wars sets wit the intention of building mini/micro scale MOCS, but I've never gotten around to it, and I'm not sure I will. There's also a handful of full sized sets and some other one-off promotionals. I thought I'd try here before I put on Ebay or CL. I really just want to buy display sets going forward.

I'd prefer to sell them as a lot, I don't really have much time to spend sorting them out. All are complete unless noted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndh2mewyfh7xuip/lego.xlsx?dl=0

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
[quote="[ts]xenophobe" post="453274074"]
I have a tub full of sets that I no longer want. I bought a bunch of mini creator and star wars sets wit the intention of building mini/micro scale MOCS, but I've never gotten around to it, and I'm not sure I will. There's also a handful of full sized sets and some other one-off promotionals. I thought I'd try here before I put on Ebay or CL. I really just want to buy display sets going forward.

I'd prefer to sell them as a lot, I don't really have much time to spend sorting them out. All are complete unless noted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndh2mewyfh7xuip/lego.xlsx?dl=0

Ebay says I could get ~400 for them, if I sorted them all. I'm open to offers though. Just trying to recoup some of the spent money and shelf space.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ChesterJT posted:

Thanks for the instruction link. It still begs the question of why they are sending the pieces they are. They aren't sending a ball and socket set, they're sending more of the studded 1x4 and 1x2s which are the main structure of the neck.

Yup, just sent one to the regular customer service email saying i bought the set and heard there was a fix out.

I sent them an email and they specifically mentioned a ball and socket deal and they'd send me one when it's available. Maybe what they sent you is the original fix for stability?

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

I'm thinking about selling some sets,
Would anyone be interested in an open Jabba's Palace, Rancor Pit, Parisian Cafe, detectives office, and Palace Cinema? PM me.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Factory posted:

I'm thinking about selling some sets,
Would anyone be interested in an open Jabba's Palace, Rancor Pit, Parisian Cafe, detectives office, and Palace Cinema? PM me.

Sent

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
For anyone interested in some CITY or CREATOR sets, it looks like they are 30% off at Barnes & Noble's website. Not all LEGO sets are discounted (I'm pretty sure the modulars and Star Wars sets aren't) but some are! You'll see the discount in your cart if the set you're interested in is discounted.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Waiting for the clock to strike midnight so I can buy the Tardis.
Pro Tip: Add the really cool Santa Claus vignette and you reach 65 € which means Free gingerbread house!
That's my christmas decorations done.

ARGH Santa is out of stock...

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I have some poo poo on ebay but I am having real bad luck trying to sell it. Maybe this is like the ~~~~BEST~~~~ time for all of the pro Lego scalpers to post poo poo due to the Holidays, so everyone is undercutting me like crazy.

I've just never seen lego NOT sell on ebay, it is a shocker.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

jeeves posted:

I have some poo poo on ebay but I am having real bad luck trying to sell it.

Link. Try bricklink as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

jeeves posted:

I have some poo poo on ebay but I am having real bad luck trying to sell it. Maybe this is like the ~~~~BEST~~~~ time for all of the pro Lego scalpers to post poo poo due to the Holidays, so everyone is undercutting me like crazy.

I've just never seen lego NOT sell on ebay, it is a shocker.

is it set up to bid or just a buy it now? You might be over estimating the value of things.