Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Are the example banes and boons on the class reveal pages stuff they they have to take or is it just additional banes/boons that they can pick during class creation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Currently, and as always this is subject to change, especially since right now they're totally non-functional, you have to take 5 worth of both banes and boons at minimum when making a character. They come in 1, 3 and 5 point flavors from the pre-alpha stuff that's left in there, and I imagine that at least will stay similar. You won't have to chose specific ones though.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Orv posted:

Currently, and as always this is subject to change, especially since right now they're totally non-functional, you have to take 5 worth of both banes and boons at minimum when making a character. They come in 1, 3 and 5 point flavors from the pre-alpha stuff that's left in there, and I imagine that at least will stay similar. You won't have to chose specific ones though.

That's kinda neat at least. I just hope it doesn't there doesn't end up being a standard min/max strategy where everybody chooses the same crap for minimal drawbacks and maximum gains like in a drat World of Darkness game.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Puistokemisti posted:

Are the example banes and boons on the class reveal pages stuff they they have to take or is it just additional banes/boons that they can pick during class creation?

You have to take some of them, as Orv said. They are similar in a lot of ways to how they worked in Divinity and a few other RPGs, you're balancing buffs and debuffs that suit your playstyle.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Anoia posted:

That's kinda neat at least. I just hope it doesn't there doesn't end up being a standard min/max strategy where everybody chooses the same crap for minimal drawbacks and maximum gains like in a drat World of Darkness game.

I hope that they aren't re-rollable, so when the standard boon-buff combo gets nerfed everyone throws a poo poo fit.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's gotta be a little awkward for a race of ghosts to be summoning and manipulating other ghosts.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's gotta be a little awkward for a race of ghosts to be summoning and manipulating other ghosts.

Shouldn't be, as you'll have your own ghost crew. :3:

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 21, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

Anoia posted:

The pre-class banes and boons are all stat and status modifiers. +/- 1/3/5 vision, health, strength, etc, then your more interesting stuff like being down 5% mana during the summer, and even though the concept of being short on mana three months out of the year is a really neat one, no-one who plays this kind of game, myself included, would do that. Presumably part of the change to more intensive classes over archetypes will mean a trend away from easy stat choices into more meaningful stuff. The classless ability system was one of their great KS and design doc pillars so I'm hoping if they're willing to whittle that down to Somewhat Less Insane they can make other changes for the good of the game and the anger of the turbonerds.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

We can only hope.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
I am ready to minecraft.

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY
Was looking at the bundles for accounts, I feel like they will be cheaper/better when the game releases.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I would be surprised the post-launch bundles will be better than Founder/Builder bundles. On the contrary.
At worst they would ADD new stuff to the bundles of those who have been backing since the start.

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY
$1 a year after 3 years, I would think the game would be Free to play by then.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Evernoob posted:

I would be surprised the post-launch bundles will be better than Founder/Builder bundles. On the contrary.
At worst they would ADD new stuff to the bundles of those who have been backing since the start.

It depends on how well the game does, once the desperation for new players sets in you see the real bargains.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pavlov posted:

I hope that they aren't re-rollable, so when the standard boon-buff combo gets nerfed everyone throws a poo poo fit.

You know what retains players, changing things that they cant fix. great future great future ahead.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
So the Healer archtype was posted on friday. They only tweeted about it so I missed the update.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
With only the "i" to reveal, which have to be the Veilwalkers, I am confused. Where are the Veilstalkers?

PS : the reveals happened in order of votes, but there is no way the "i" was last in every single vote. I know many folks who have been voting for the "i" reveal since the first one.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Evernoob posted:

With only the "i" to reveal, which have to be the Veilwalkers, I am confused. Where are the Veilstalkers?

:shrug: They might have cut it down to one with the new class system.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
that thing you linked awhile ago about the camo system said there were only the three types of camo with the three types of classes that go with them.

the scouts, archers, and veil guys.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I wanna heal people with the power of rock. :rock:

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Still missing : the Buffbot class.

I expect them to mirror the Crafter Class over the 3 realms, but I kind of hope they at least give them a different name. Like Engineers, builders, architects...

What I also liked in DAoC RvR was that the UI didn't tell you what class your opponent was. You had to look at his armor and used skills. Disguising as an other class was always fun to do (didn't work versus good players though).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

that thing you linked awhile ago about the camo system said there were only the three types of camo with the three types of classes that go with them.

the scouts, archers, and veil guys.

There were two types of veil guy, one who used it more to boost first strike damage and one who used it more as a CC tool, but I can't remember if they were different archetypes or whatever.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Dear Mr. Jacobs,
I will hand-deliver smashburger to your offices for a month if you somehow make the large scale-PVP in this game good.
v/r,
2dcat

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Dear Mr. Jacobs,
I will hand-deliver smashburger to your offices for a month if you somehow make the large scale-PVP in this game good.
v/r,
2dcat

Them's some high apple pie in the sky hopes, my friend.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

2DCAT posted:

Dear Mr. Jacobs,
v/r,
2dcat

I won't be delivering it personally myself due to.... well... an ocean. But I will send him an assortment of high quality Chocolate and Beer if he also makes small-scale RvR in this game good.
I am not so much a fan of large scale RvR, because in pretty much every game so far it is all about mass ranged AOE spam.

Too bad formations don't seem to work in MMO's. How cool would it be to make a Phalanx or a Roman Tetsudo.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Evernoob posted:

Too bad formations don't seem to work in MMO's. How cool would it be to make a Phalanx or a Roman Tetsudo.

One day...one day...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Site is down but I went into the cache

quote:

Part 3 – Veilwalkers and Veilstalkers

Well, now that we’ve covered two of the three proposed classes/classlets, let’s move on to the third. This final part of the tri-part system involves the use of the Veilwalkers and Veilstalkers as we proposed during our Kickstarter.

Veilwalkers and veilstalkers and veiltalkers and veilstoners are all the same class type.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Found the veil class image on their website

http://i.imgur.com/CifDVjN.jpg

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

6/10

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

above average is probably better than this game will be

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Also veilstoners are healers weren't you even paying attention?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

9/11

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I will make two identical characters except one is weaker in winter and fall, while the other is weaker in spring and summer.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You know people are going to do that.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Oh yeah, I can only use my summer character right now.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
They need visual cues to show banes so I can flop around like a useless sack of meat while RPing the knight from Monty Python.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kylra posted:

Oh yeah, I can only use my summer character right now.

I dont have access to 5% mana omg.

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY
Not sure if its been answered anywhere, but did they ever explain the servers.
Will there be RVR servers and PVP servers.
RIP Mordred and Andred from DAOC.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I can imagine how fun a Mordred server could be in CU.... going off to unclaimed territory, build a stronghold with your guild (consisting of people from all the realms) and KoS anyone who approaches.

I hope this could be a thing. I have not yet seen any mention of it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I enjoy mordred and andred since they were the least popular servers in a niche genre game yet still people burn for them

• Locked thread