Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

buying gba poo poo must really suck cuz of the amount of fake lovely carts
I've heard lots of DS carts are pirated these days too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I've heard lots of DS carts are pirated these days too

I wanted to buy FFV gba but from what I seen 99% of the most visible sellers are just pirated carts with a label on it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i buy complete gba games to cut down on bootleg carts. its not really worth the effort to print up a fake but real looking box and manual, so youre usually getting a real cart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

crunk dork posted:

i forgot about these facts somehow... you could do transfer from GBA pokemon game to ones on DS as well right?

I believe its still technically possible to transfer a pokemon from gold/silver to X/Y through like 5 consoles and 2 different online services....which is badass

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

you cant transfer pokemon from gold/silver, they changed the way all the data and stats work in the gba games so they didnt let you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I wanted to buy FFV gba but from what I seen 99% of the most visible sellers are just pirated carts with a label on it.
That's a shame. FFV GBA is by far the best version of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

you cant transfer pokemon from gold/silver, they changed the way all the data and stats work in the gba games so they didnt let you

Gah!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Gigante posted:

The GBA version of FF1-2 is really good iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I ended up buying the iOS version which loving sucks!! Still haven't really sunk any time into FFV still as a result, despite all the praise and knowing I would love it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

edit: well, i'm slow

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 26, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
beat the pirates at their own game and get a flash cart imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I ended up buying the iOS version which loving sucks!! Still haven't really sunk any time into FFV still as a result, despite all the praise and knowing I would love it
It's really good, the job system gives you a lot of freedom and the GBA version's script is a lot of fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The GBA version of FF1-2 is really good iirc

This was the first FF game I played ,and then I played through 1-6, save 5, a decade ago, and had a blast. I never had a sony system though so I couldnt continue, but then when I saw this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMNsXZve5MY I was so captivated that I marathoned the rest of the series. I figured theres no way such nonsensical dialogue could be comprehensible even with knowledge of the previous games, and it turns out I was right. FFXIII, LR, X-2 and VII are the best FFs, btw.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

beat the pirates at their own game and get a flash cart imo

i have an ezflash iv in my game boy micro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

i have an ezflash iv in my game boy micro

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i like the game boy micro. i like tiny handhelds

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94gZdOBQ3RWHnCka5Fl4bcLlHZtn9kAH Enjoy, OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The best ones are probably NES Collection part 2 (finale), and Sega Dreamcast Collection pt 1.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i like the game boy micro. i like tiny handhelds

lol Then your gonna love spending the weekend in Christchurch with Knuc U Kinte.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh and Super Nintendo Collection pt 3 which has most likely the best opening to any video on youtube.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Speaking of this stuff, I bought Pocky and Rocky on Wii U Virtual Console.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I sold my GC to a gaming museum because i'm the only person on my city who has ever owned one instead of the PS2

I sold all my snes jrpgs for frad skool tuition mo ey and also a bottle of scotch :doge:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Speaking of this stuff, I bought Pocky and Rocky on Wii U Virtual Console.
Wou love 2 play muh wii ubut the j*ws at nintu designed the left stick pn the co troller 2 fail....fuuuuld

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Wou love 2 play muh wii ubut the j*ws at nintu designed the left stick pn the co troller 2 fail....fuuuuld

Never had a problem with it myself.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I moved into a new place a few weeks ago that's a lot roomier, so I decided to setup my NES SNES and n64 for the first time in almost a decade to a nice CRT I got off craigslist for free. It really does look better and the zero input lag is very nice.

But when I cracked open my plastic bins I found that the following are missing / stolen:

SNES:
Chrono trigger
Super Mario world
Yoshis island
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Mana

NES:
Battletoads
Tecmo Super Bowl
Super Mario Bros / duck hunt
Contra

GB:
Final fantasy adventure
Super Mario Land 1 AND 2

I'm pretty sure the last I saw most of these was 2 apartments ago. Not sure if i believe the guy who still lives there that none of these is there. I still have a lot of good ones, and I'm playing FF1 and Super Metroid, but god drat it sucked noticing all of the above was gone. Im surprised ff4 and 6 aren't missing too.

Edit: Just noticed Metroid Prime Trilogy is missing too, gently caress

beepstreet fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 29, 2015

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Never had a problem with it myself.
Thw left srick on mine is permanntly off axia ow. Fuuuuu.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

beepstreet posted:

But when I cracked open my plastic bins I found that the following are missing / stolen:

that fuckin blows, I hope they turn up :(

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I went to super potato today on accident and thought it was crap since it looks like they don't sell north american stuff anymore.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Runnels returned to World Championship Wrestling in 1999, filming several vignettes for a fantastical, face-painted character named Seven. These vignettes contained ominous footage of Rhodes in full makeup standing outside a child's bedroom window. The gimmick was reported to have been based on "The Strangers" from the 1998 film noir Dark City. The character was dropped after Turner Standards and Practices expressed concern that this gimmick could be misinterpreted as a child abductor.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The gimmick was reported to have been based on "BadGame.net" from the former BYOB moderator Danbo Daxter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there's a story out there where Dustin tried to get fired from WWF by suggesting that as Goldust, he should go out and get breast implants

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alain Post posted:

there's a story out there where Dustin tried to get fired from WWF by suggesting that as Goldust, he should go out and get breast implants

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ive been sick but i powered thru my sickness to power thru something even sicker: f-zero x expansion kit tracks on expert. theyre really cool and hard. you can tell they made them specially for the psychos who would buy an expansion pack exclusive to a completely doomed add on

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

ive been sick but i powered thru my sickness to power thru something even sicker: f-zero x expansion kit tracks on expert. theyre really cool and hard. you can tell they made them specially for the psychos who would buy an expansion pack exclusive to a completely doomed add on

emulated or do you have an actual 64dd because if it's the latter :o

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Upon further investigation of the missing games, I have found that my brother was stealing and selling them and many other things from my parents house where I was keeping them. I'm down almost $1400 worth of stuff. Happy holidays :(

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Kazvall posted:

I mod consoles as a home business. Just today, I sold 2 genesis model 1s with s-video and stereo rca, a nomad, and a sega cd model 2. I've got a sweet rear end n64 with an RGB mod and plenty of other poo poo I'm working on. So, yes, I love old rear end videogames and having a genesis everdrive with every single loving game made for that system, ever.

how much for an hdmi model 1 genesis. i have xmas shopping to do.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

beepstreet posted:

Upon further investigation of the missing games, I have found that my brother was stealing and selling them and many other things from my parents house where I was keeping them. I'm down almost $1400 worth of stuff. Happy holidays :(

I'm him.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i bought an adapter to plug sega genesis controllers into the computer, despite already owning several better controllers. i'm extremely gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

i bought an adapter to plug sega genesis controllers into the computer, despite already owning several better controllers. i'm extremely gay

I have one to plug SNES controllers into my Wii U, and, and bought a Super Famicom controller from Japan because I'm brain damaged.