Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Nighthand posted:

I haven't read this thread since page 7 and I haven't played this game since they added those quests to get your ship running with bosses everyone bitched about. Has anything of significance changed or are they still just waffling on basic game functions like some kind of 2D low-budget StarCitizeBound?

Did you like touch damage from monsters?

Would you like it back in the game?

If so, I have good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I feel like some monsters having touch damage would be OK. Like a turtle she'll that has spikes. Or those wall climb robots in the sewer.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Lovely Senorita posted:

you need to get out of there already Supernorn

this game is already on a pedestal with Star Citizen

Ah, StarShitizen, the lolcow of videogames.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I feel like some monsters having touch damage would be OK. Like a turtle she'll that has spikes. Or those wall climb robots in the sewer.

Someone brought this up in the comments on that reddit post. Like if touch-damage gets Tiy's dick hard then maybe they should tie it into that whole mob generation thing that they were touting so much, where skills are tied to monster appearance. Give the monsters spikes or some kind of obvious tell that they'll hurt you passively.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Babe Magnet posted:

Someone brought this up in the comments on that reddit post. Like if touch-damage gets Tiy's dick hard then maybe they should tie it into that whole mob generation thing that they were touting so much, where skills are tied to monster appearance. Give the monsters spikes or some kind of obvious tell that they'll hurt you passively.

oh lordy u actually read the comments on that reddit post

I'll pray for you

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

The hilarious part is that people on their forums are reporting that even passive monsters deal damage on touch, so you can be traipsing through a peaceful forest, brush against a squirrel and start taking 24dmg/sec. This is somehow immediately handwaved away by the other posters.

poo poo is hosed.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

oddium posted:

i'm hype for future twitter lifting the 140 char limit
Yup yup I saw that too, and it was definitely more exciting than Starbound.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Yum! Well worth 15 bucks. Unlike starbound.

But if you buy Starbound, your purchase will go directly towards the development of the game and help us to get it finished sooner.

This game has had several millions of dollars of sales already. :suicide:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in fun news, dwarf fortress is going to get an update in a couple of days

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

in fun news, dwarf fortress is going to get an update in a couple of days

they'll add damage on contact, but not intentionally

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well, when the 3d trees were first added birds would fly into them and explode. i guess that's contact damage.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ror posted:

But if you buy Starbound, your purchase will go directly towards the development of the game and help us to get it finished sooner.

When it hits 99 million like Star citizen let me know. Tiy hasn't fleeced us enough. Bring out the dlcs.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint

Ror posted:

Mind you, looking at how Tiy always talks about continuing development after 1.0 I think it will most likely end with them just making an arbitrary decision to call some future release 1.0 and carrying on like nothing happened.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

SovietPotatoe posted:

Mind you, looking at how Tiy always talks about continuing development after 1.0 I think it will most likely end with them just making an arbitrary decision to call some future release 1.0 and carrying on like nothing happened.

You mean like Minecraft? Where it's 1.0 release was literally a price increase? Or Spacebase DF-9 where the 1.0 release did nothing but confirm that the devs gave up?

Hell, even mods these days have "1.0" releases that mean nothing in the long run. Starbound is just a mod in the grand scheme of things.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

grimcreaper posted:

When it hits 99 million like Star citizen let me know. Tiy hasn't fleeced us enough. Bring out the dlcs.

GrimCreeped again.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Rrussom posted:

GrimCreeped again.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

You mean like Minecraft? Where it's 1.0 release was literally a price increase? Or Spacebase DF-9 where the 1.0 release did nothing but confirm that the devs gave up?

Hell, even mods these days have "1.0" releases that mean nothing in the long run. Starbound is just a mod in the grand scheme of things.

I mean the kind where one day they'll come out and call it 1.0 and then keep developing just like before, so update 1.1 will disable on-touch damage of enemies while 1.2 re-enables it only to be disabled once more in 1.3.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SovietPotatoe posted:

I mean the kind where one day they'll come out and call it 1.0 and then keep developing just like before, so update 1.1 will disable on-touch damage of enemies while 1.2 re-enables it only to be disabled once more in 1.3.

It'll be like Star Trek movies. There's a bad one, and then a good one, repeat until finished.

EDIT: "Man, this update really is 'The Search for Spock' of updates."

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Hey maybe Chuckle fish are using a few 20 sided dice in order to Make development decisions.

Starbound: a game were even the development of the game is RNG

New thread title please.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Hey maybe Chuckle fish are using a few 20 sided dice in order to Make development decisions.

Starbound: a game were even the development of the game is RNG

New thread title please.

we could roll a 20 sided die to see if this thread should be taken out back and put out of its misery

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

6 months till No Man's Sky

I really wanted this game to be like 2d No Man's sky even tho 3 years ago I didn't know it existed

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

AceClown posted:

I really wanted this game to be like 2d No Man's sky even tho 3 years ago I didn't know it existed

I think it probably will be like a 2d No Man's Sky - or rather that NMS will be a 3d Starbound.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

coupedeville posted:

we could roll a 20 sided die to see if this thread should be taken out back and put out of its misery

I rolled a 20 make it happen already

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
20 is the critical save vs thread death

1 is the critical miss vs killing it

:unsmigghh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't believe in d20s that kill characters through bad rolls

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
GURPS D6s for life!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

AceClown posted:

It still could be, because No Man's Sky could still be awful.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Kill the thread so we can have a new thread title imo

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

The current thread title should stay if only for the fact that Supes really did alpaca his bags and leave, and that's hilarious. Also it's almost winter again and the game still isn't much further than it was then, so it may loop back around to being topical.

lol

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

dog kisser posted:

I think it probably will be like a 2d No Man's Sky - or rather that NMS will be a 3d Starbound.

This is what will happen.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What if Starbound was good

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Then I'd probably play it on one of the many vibrant goon servers

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

They would have the original "launch myself 300 feet upwards vertically and always attach when the hook hits something" grappling hook physics but it wouldn't drain energy :unsmith:

I could grow ant eat all the banana bread ingredients and neon melons I wanted without fuss.

You couldn't blow yourself up with your own rocket launcher in one shot, and it wouldn't take three or more shots to kill enemies despite that.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 1, 2015

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Vib Rib posted:

Well then they fix it so it's not good, like they did last time it was good a year and a half ago.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Section Z posted:

You couldn't blow yourself up with your own rocket launcher in one shot,

What exactly is it that you believe a rocket launcher is supposed to do?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

presumably launch rockets???

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
No, grenades.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Reiley posted:

What exactly is it that you believe a rocket launcher is supposed to do?
Be fun to play with :eng101:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

Kill the thread so we can have a new thread title imo

At the end of the last thread I spent a few pages asking for a thread title for this one and believe it or not this is the best people came up with, so blame goons! I could possibly petition for the new thread title but what would even be the point, this thread is too bad and too dead to be worth the effort.

Hey, wait a minute...

Too bad and too dead to be worth the effort...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

At the end of the last thread I spent a few pages asking for a thread title for this one and believe it or not this is the best people came up with, so blame goons! I could possibly petition for the new thread title but what would even be the point, this thread is too bad and too dead to be worth the effort.

Hey, wait a minute...

Too bad and too dead to be worth the effort...

Starbound: What is Unfinished May Never Play (and be reviewed)

To avoid being a thread title suggestion shitpost: did they ever stick to that design of having races literally just be exclusive undroppable costumes? I always thought that was a meh concept. Did they ever grant unique traits to them? People mentioned extreme temperatures and protective suits, it would be cool if, for example, the Robot race can simply walk into harsh cold planets early on (and build their freaky doctor doom medieval castle there). Cannibal plant race automatically being friendly with plant monsters, authoritarian ape race having an easier time taming monsters, etc.

• Locked thread