Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

With a hard rushing style of play you honestly aren't looking to use a blaster rifle, I'd use the burst pistol or the shotgun. On any map but hoth you have places on most of the map where you can go to find engagements that suit that weapon type and playstyle. The rifles can work, but you're trading that mid-range fighting ability for a bit slower time to kill and not using the mid-range advantage you have instead favoring a fast rush with sprint+jetpack to a point. If you want to use the blaster rifle then you'd want to advance but not as close, and then shoot them down while they're at a lovely range for their close guns.

Interestingly, I feel sort of the opposite on heroes. Palpatine and Boba Fett are basically always good options, and Vader is good if you have an indoor area that needs taking. Leia is always good, Luke is usually useful, and Han is sometimes useful. Empire having the more mobile/aggressive options feeds into the game mode in a good way, as that lets you take a point and either camp that or let normal troopers hold it while you go somewhere else.

If I pull a palpatine and their hero is han solo I'm not worried at all. If it is leia I'm worried about the honor guard, and luke can be annoying but you've always got a solid chance to kill him. If you've got your troopers actually going with you luke probably doesn't want to even try to take that fight. In general palpatine is a lot of fun, your chain lightning thing 1-shots all non-heroes, lightning does solid aoe damage and melts structures. Shock troopers are great, because while they only have a normal t21 for a gun they have a souped up smart rocket and homing rocket on 1 and 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Siets posted:

I know everyone thinks the DL-44 is OP (and I won't disagree, it is pretty drat good.) It's kind of amazing though just how close the DH-17 comes to it though in terms of time to kill and overall performance.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-multi-comparison?w1=DH-17&w2=DL-44&w3=None&w4=None&w5=None

Not to mention the DH-17 is way, way, way more accurate when you look at the recoil model and accuracy plots.

That link is impressive, good to have a way to objectively compare blasters. I preferred the simple chart view, where it just flat out says what each gun is better at, but it's nice to know why I like the guns that I like. The EE-3, which is the BESTIEST GUN, has almost no recoil or shot spread. If you can point it at the thing you want to die, the burst fire gets the job done.

That video on the last page was right, third person helps you stay alive, but first person makes it easier to kill stuff. I still like first person, and I still like to ADS at range. Combine that with the absolute minimal shot spread of the EE-3 and you can do very well in medium and long encounters. Short range is a bit of a crapshoot hipfiring like crazy, but that's when the impact grenade I'm carrying gets pulled out.

I'm bad at shooters, and last I checked I was at a 49% win/49% loss record, with approx a 1.0 k/d, so I've effectively achieved nothing in many hours of battles. But I have a blaster I love, and I'm having tons of fun, and one more day to Jakku.

I like this game. Do not understand why it generates so much boiled piss from the internet. But I really like this game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ZypherIM posted:

With a hard rushing style of play you honestly aren't looking to use a blaster rifle, I'd use the burst pistol or the shotgun. On any map but hoth you have places on most of the map where you can go to find engagements that suit that weapon type and playstyle. The rifles can work, but you're trading that mid-range fighting ability for a bit slower time to kill and not using the mid-range advantage you have instead favoring a fast rush with sprint+jetpack to a point. If you want to use the blaster rifle then you'd want to advance but not as close, and then shoot them down while they're at a lovely range for their close guns.

My style of play and my loadout honestly suit me. I know Blaster Pistols are the End All Be All, but I enjoy using the RT-97C. I love the pewpewpew, I've gone on massive kill streaks with it without using Explosive SHot, and when I DO use Explosive shot it is just a loving monster. My complaints though that while the Pistols are unbalanced, nothing else really feels fun to use. I use the loving thing so much I can actually reliably pull of ranged kills with it despite the damage drop off.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Skoll posted:

My style of play and my loadout honestly suit me. I know Blaster Pistols are the End All Be All, but I enjoy using the RT-97C. I love the pewpewpew, I've gone on massive kill streaks with it without using Explosive SHot, and when I DO use Explosive shot it is just a loving monster. My complaints though that while the Pistols are unbalanced, nothing else really feels fun to use. I use the loving thing so much I can actually reliably pull of ranged kills with it despite the damage drop off.

I swear I have died more to the RT-97C more than any other gun. I don't know if it's just a better all around gun, or if more people tend to take it, but I feel like I see that thing listed as the blaster that killed me all the drat time. Definitely way more than the DL-44 which kills me about as often as any other common gun. That's why I've never been on the "nerf the DL-44" train because I just haven't seen it as a problem in the matches I've been in.

I just can't bring myself to like the RT-97C though. It looks super dumb in first person with those giant drums on top, and just feels... well it's just not something that clicks with me. It's funny that there's been lots of tutting about only 11 primary weapons, and that they are all basically the same, but they really do all have a different feel to them. When I play a milspec oorah shootmans I can barely tell one assault rifle from another, and hardly notice the difference between them. Give me a much smaller collection of nerdfuel blaster pew pew guns and suddenly I can tell which one I'm firing with my eyes closed. This game, this was made for me.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Parkingtigers posted:

I like this game. Do not understand why it generates so much boiled piss from the internet. But I really like this game.

There's a large number of people for whom $60 is too much for them to justify due to personal finances. I mean yeah, if you live off ramen and/or are buried in student loans or whatever, you should probably not be buying $60 video games.

There's also a large number of video game industry justice warriors that absolutely hate EA and everything they stand for, regardless of what the end product game ends up being. See: Utnayan's unending tirade from several pages back.

These are both perfectly fine opinions to have. The problem is when you start dishonestly shouting in comment threads that "game is bad IN ALL ASPECTS" when really the root issue you have is completely unrelated to the actual gameplay itself you are critiquing instead so as to save face.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I still like the old E-11 just because it's so drat consistent. It works in pretty much every circumstance, particularly when you pop explosive shot on it. There are guns that work out better mathematically but I'm playoing on PS4 and those guns generally recoil more and on the console having that consistent accurate fire at long range is really nice.

RT97k would absolutely be my gun of choice if I was playing this on PC, but I'm not so...

ShineDog fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 30, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

I swear I have died more to the RT-97C more than any other gun. I don't know if it's just a better all around gun, or if more people tend to take it, but I feel like I see that thing listed as the blaster that killed me all the drat time. Definitely way more than the DL-44 which kills me about as often as any other common gun. That's why I've never been on the "nerf the DL-44" train because I just haven't seen it as a problem in the matches I've been in.

I just can't bring myself to like the RT-97C though. It looks super dumb in first person with those giant drums on top, and just feels... well it's just not something that clicks with me. It's funny that there's been lots of tutting about only 11 primary weapons, and that they are all basically the same, but they really do all have a different feel to them. When I play a milspec oorah shootmans I can barely tell one assault rifle from another, and hardly notice the difference between them. Give me a much smaller collection of nerdfuel blaster pew pew guns and suddenly I can tell which one I'm firing with my eyes closed. This game, this was made for me.

Most goons wrote the RT-97C off within a couple days because their inner MLG powergamer went ZOMG DAT DAMAGE DROP OFF. I will say it is an acquired taste because if you cannot control its recoil, you won't remain on target enough to kill someone. That is absolutely critical because the damage it does is meh. I feel it can use just a teensy weensy little bump in damage. That and the DLT-19 are just easy to spray everywhere and not hit poo poo with it if you don't really know how to apply it.

I agree it does look stupid as poo poo though. I mainly play in Third Person now because it's too much of an advantage being able to see around corners and whatnot. The guns do have different feels, I'll admit that, but they still are kinda samey. The only ones with actual feel differences are the pistols because all three are different yet kill just as effectively. For Blaster Rifles, you really just have the E-11 and A280C, with the EE-3 kinda just thrown in there.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How do I quickscope?

Is there a guide to where to pickup powerups to become the slave 1 because that nigga is powerful. You can just ram through everything with the slave 1.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

How do I quickscope?

Is there a guide to where to pickup powerups to become the slave 1 because that nigga is powerful. You can just ram through everything with the slave 1.

Not the Falcon though. Falcon (with the shield up) always wins that fight.

You'll spot the hero pickups in the same few places. In Beggar's Canyon you'll see them on the cliff edge opposite the town, down a side canyon on the floor, sometimes in the dead-end canyon to the side. Very occasionally I've seen it in the gap under the bridge leading from the town to the tower.

On Sullust the first place I check is under the bridge/platform near the hangar down the slope. Also seen it over the rebel final control point at the base of the slope. On Hoth it's been hidden in a tight little gully that requires you to fly lengthways down it, not across, also near the giant ION cannon.

Best way to look for them isn't to stare right at the tokens, but to turn your ship so the tokens are at the edge of the screen. Can scan them all at once. Pop a shield/boost and goonrush that token. I used to get them in 50% of my games, now about 25% as more people figure out where to get them and I'm happier to just pew pew with my whatever I'm flying.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

Most goons wrote the RT-97C off within a couple days because their inner MLG powergamer went ZOMG DAT DAMAGE DROP OFF. I will say it is an acquired taste because if you cannot control its recoil, you won't remain on target enough to kill someone. That is absolutely critical because the damage it does is meh. I feel it can use just a teensy weensy little bump in damage. That and the DLT-19 are just easy to spray everywhere and not hit poo poo with it if you don't really know how to apply it.

I agree it does look stupid as poo poo though. I mainly play in Third Person now because it's too much of an advantage being able to see around corners and whatnot. The guns do have different feels, I'll admit that, but they still are kinda samey. The only ones with actual feel differences are the pistols because all three are different yet kill just as effectively. For Blaster Rifles, you really just have the E-11 and A280C, with the EE-3 kinda just thrown in there.

Honestly to me the RT-97C is just a worse DLT-19. In comparison, it gains a zoom that's of questionable utility at best due to its limited effective range, but in return has much worse recoil handling. Besides, it looks like poop while the DLT-19 looks :krad:.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

Honestly to me the RT-97C is just a worse DLT-19. In comparison, it gains a zoom that's of questionable utility at best due to its limited effective range, but in return has much worse recoil handling. Besides, it looks like poop while the DLT-19 looks :krad:.

I can see how you feel that way. Honestly, I find it useful and better than the DLT-19. It can kill just a hair quicker and that tends to matter in brawls. The recoil handling is negligible to me because like I said, you learn to work with it. Once you master it, it may as well not exist.

But yeah, the gun looks like rear end. Honestly, if the DLT-19 got some kinda stat boost I'd probably use it over the RT-97C just because of aesthetics.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
^^^ thank mr skeltal

Perestroika posted:

Nah, the RT-97C is pretty much better in almost every way.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?DLT-19_vs_RT-97C

I almost never see players running the DLT-19, but tons of the other one. I much prefer the looks of the DLT, but aesthetics aside these are the guns where they should be different enough to make them both a viable choice, but really you'd have to be crazy not to go with the RT-97C because it's objectively a better gun. Even the in-game comparison thing just makes it clear that the RT has better stats.

I'd like to see the DLT-19 get a little balance patch love. I'd rather be shot with that gun than the RT which is the most unattractive Star Wars weapon that has ever existed. I don't blame people taking it for the performance, but I hope they feel shame for loving an ugly, ugly weapon.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The Jakku stream is live if anyone wants to watch cringe worthy gamers game it up on Jakku

http://www.twitch.tv/eastarwars

edit: Jakku is a jawa's wet dream

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 30, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Jerkface posted:

The Jakku stream is live if anyone wants to watch cringe worthy gamers game it up on Jakku

http://www.twitch.tv/eastarwars

edit: Jakku is a jawa's wet dream

Jakku looks slick as hell but god drat the guys shoutcasting it made me turn it off after like 5 mins

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Jesus christ endor is more broken than I ever thought.

We somehow only got 2 bombers for the first point. It died halfway through our bombers at the second point.

I think adding a second walker would be good, and have it go through the other stream to mix things up for points 1 and 2.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Why is Rufus Hound presenting a Star Wars livestream?

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Siets posted:

There's a large number of people for whom $60 is too much for them to justify due to personal finances. I mean yeah, if you live off ramen and/or are buried in student loans or whatever, you should probably not be buying $60 video games.

There's also a large number of video game industry justice warriors that absolutely hate EA and everything they stand for, regardless of what the end product game ends up being. See: Utnayan's unending tirade from several pages back.

These are both perfectly fine opinions to have. The problem is when you start dishonestly shouting in comment threads that "game is bad IN ALL ASPECTS" when really the root issue you have is completely unrelated to the actual gameplay itself you are critiquing instead so as to save face.

Everyone who thinks Battlefront is a bad game either hates EA or is a poor!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is battlefront esports

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is battlefront esports

watersports

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Prawned posted:

Honestly yes. It is in no way objectively bad. It is poorly balanced and probably a little overpriced, but those are both more personal qualifiers than something like a broken assassin's creed or an unfinished doublefine game which are objective qualifiers.

The sound, graphics, and gunplay are all stellar. The engine runs smoothly and the game has one major game affecting glitch at release.

To say it is a bad game because it doesn't match your taste is somewhere between lying and hyperbolic. I can't stand persona, but the only time I say it's bad is in the chat thread to get reactions. It has solid gameplay and design though.

Nasgate fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 30, 2015

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
The presentation of this Twitch stream is cringe-inducing.

Jakku map looks fine though. No mountains to snipe off, no bunkers to go through, but nice undulating dunes covered in burning debris. Certainly looks and feels different enough from the other maps to make it a worthwhile addition to the rotation.

Turning Point has the rebels attacking 3 points, then 2 points, then two points, then one final point. They only need to capture one of the available targets, then they get three minutes added to the existing time on the clock and push on to the next line of defence. AT-STs and speeders come into play in the second section. It's basically Supremacy but with a purely push mode, no push and pull. No real technical reason why it couldn't be retrofitted to the previous big maps and make it a third 20v20 mode.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Prawned posted:

This is correct. I am glad you know how to read. :)

e: What Nasgate said.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Wasn't battlefront supposed to be a huge AAA release? This thread has 14 pages... If SA is a barometer of this games popularity that doesn't bode well.

I picked up the game for $50 for the ps4 but haven't opened it yet because I can't decide if I want to keep it. The news that they plan to release more free dlc is exactly what I was looking for and is probably pushing me toward keeping the game. It looks amazing but the reviews and complaints are legitimate. To boil the whole thing down to "lol they're poor and/or hate EA" is pretty juvenile. I'm cautiously optimistic they'll flesh the game out more for those of us not looking to drop another 50 bux on a pass.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Because a game being good or bad is an objective thing, you see :goonsay:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Their internet crapped out and they had to cancel the Walker Assault match on the stream. What a shambles.

E: They closed with a seriously sexy trailer for the Battle of Jakku. Not that 30 second teaser from before, a new longer thing that shows lots of things exploding in the desert.

E2: It's online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB4MXCxBoo

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 30, 2015

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Cop gay. So What posted:

Wasn't battlefront supposed to be a huge AAA release? This thread has 14 pages... If SA is a barometer of this games popularity that doesn't bode well.

There were other threads.

I've never won Endor Supremacy as the Empire, even on a mostly motivated team that actually cared about defending the uplinks. It also seems like if the Rebels have at least 1/2 of the team playing the mode like they're supposed to the walkers go down.

It feels like walkers went from invincible in the beta to a bit too easy to take down. I'm not sure if that is balance tuning or just people knowing what to do now. In addition was the walker's under carriage called out in the beta as a 'weak spot'?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Because a game being good or bad is an objective thing, you see :goonsay:

There's a large difference between not liking a game and discussing it and making GBS threads a thread up. Perfect example being the Fallout threads.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

^^^ thank mr skeltal

Nah, the RT-97C is pretty much better in almost every way.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?DLT-19_vs_RT-97C

I almost never see players running the DLT-19, but tons of the other one. I much prefer the looks of the DLT, but aesthetics aside these are the guns where they should be different enough to make them both a viable choice, but really you'd have to be crazy not to go with the RT-97C because it's objectively a better gun. Even the in-game comparison thing just makes it clear that the RT has better stats.

I'd like to see the DLT-19 get a little balance patch love. I'd rather be shot with that gun than the RT which is the most unattractive Star Wars weapon that has ever existed. I don't blame people taking it for the performance, but I hope they feel shame for loving an ugly, ugly weapon.

Whoops, I mistyped, I meant spread increase rather than recoil. Even though the RT-97C has a lower initial spread, the severe difference in spread increase means that as soon as you fire more than three shots in a row (i.e. always), the DLT-19 wins out in effective spread. So when I'm holding down that trigger, especially at medium distance, you tend to land more hits while the RT-97C seems to have an annoying portion just go way off the mark. The same also seems to bear out during some casual testing shooting at containers in one of the solo missions.

Or it's all confirmation bias, I dunno. :shrug:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
The AT-ATs got hit with the nerf cannon after the beta, which was a mistake as they were actually balanced pretty well then. They only won most of the time because players didn't have the skills, the knowledge, or the gear to take them down. Also the beta was full of tourists treating the mode as a giant deathmatch, not even trying to play the objectives. Towards the end of the beta the rebels were starting to do alright as players learned what to do, and how to work together. Sadly the cries of "Imperials OP" was too loud and now it's the opposite problem. It'll obviously get patched and rebalanced, I'm sure they've spent 2 weeks studying all the metadata to see what's really happening in these battles and it'll get tweaked into something that gives both sides a fair shot.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Walker Assault/Supremacy forced 1st person would be fun to play/fly in

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Fateo McMurray posted:

Walker Assault/Supremacy forced 1st person would be fun to play/fly in

All modes hardcore (no HUD, forced first person) would be fun

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

ChickenWing posted:

All modes hardcore (no HUD, forced first person) would be fun

I would dig a HC mode like that, currently playing in FP is a handicap.

I like the game a lot but my only minor gripe is the across the board accuracy with not improvement from ADS or crouching.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
As well as them not even being able to show Jakku Walker Assault when their internets crapped out, that livestream had some of the most misjudged and poorly delivered "jokes" since that E3 where the dude made a rapey "relax, it'll be over soon" comment to the woman he was playing against in a fighting game demo.

First the dude says that he was told to call the walker ay tee ay tees. He then looks at the camera and says "they are at ats you MORONS".

Then the woman in the wrap-up says the DLC is out tomorrow for those who pre-ordered, "and on the 8th for LOSERS, sorry, other Battlefront players".

gently caress sake. I bloody love this game, I've had no regrets at paying full price and I've already bought the season pass. Even as someone who is very much on the side of championing this game I'm wondering what the bloody hell I just watched. Astonishingly terrible presentation.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
I'm not EA/DICE and nobody cares what I think but here's what I think would make Battlefront a more enjoyable experience:

- Increase the amount of team interactions. gently caress the partners system, if I have 3 friends playing this I want to play with all of them. If respawn spam is too annoying then don't allow people to be spawned on more than once every 15-30 seconds. Let my squad set some objectives and work on those until we accomplish them.

- Tone down spammy abilities, of which there are many. Impact nade should not one hit kill unless it's a direct in air hit, otherwise it should do 50 damage at most. Thermal det. should only one kill if you're standing right next to it, otherwise it does 50-80 damage. Homing shot should not 1 one hit kill. Pulse cannon should only kill on headshots. The list goes on. Too many ways to die suddenly and without ways to avoid it. Thermal imploder is probably fine cause it's a pick up and far more rare plus it gives a big warning. It should block at least some of the damage if you break line of sight though.

- Charge system is a joke for high level players who can just buy charges and use them as much as they want. If the middle slot is balanced by charges then give people 5 charges per map start. You can pick up more if you come across them in the field.

- Give a lot of points for actually fighting around and capturing the objectives. Right now people would rather k/d farm cause it's better for your score than actually playing the objective.

Not even touching map balance, we all know it's bad.

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own, you are free to disagree with them.

Just to make this a little more positive, I do like the blaster rifles in this game. Everyone seems to have their own opinion as to which is the best. I don't really mind having a lot less of them cause they all feel different enough without much overlap.

Summit fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 30, 2015

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm with you on every single one of those suggestions Summit. Great suggestions. As someone else put it, we are basically one simple balance patch away having a drat Solid Vidya Game, which *knocks on wood* may actually come attached with Jakku DLC tomorrow.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Hopper posted:

- In score display after the round is over, swap "Most Kills" down and instead present Highest Objective Score at the top to subconciously make idiots realize Objective Score is king, not killing (yes this sounds like a minor problem but I truly believe presenting most kills as top player is stupid if you want to motivate the average pubbie to play an objective

All of your suggestions are good, but this one is my favorite. Highest accolades should go to the person who plays the loving objectives the best.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I like all those suggestions, Hopper, particularly the one about toning down a lot of the abilities.

My biggest problem with Battlefront is that I die so quickly to a lot of things and, without the cards to be able to use those abilities myself, it feels like I'm just playing games for the 2000 point per game bonus to level up so I can get them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

Their internet crapped out and they had to cancel the Walker Assault match on the stream. What a shambles.

E: They closed with a seriously sexy trailer for the Battle of Jakku. Not that 30 second teaser from before, a new longer thing that shows lots of things exploding in the desert.

E2: It's online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB4MXCxBoo
There isn't a Bowcaster in the game currently is there? There's one in the trailer.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Casimir Radon posted:

There isn't a Bowcaster in the game currently is there?

There is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

There isn't a Bowcaster in the game currently is there? There's one in the trailer.

There is, but you have to hold down the button to charge it up. It can't hold a charge very long either. Also, if you shoot it at your feet or a wall close to you, you will die.

• Locked thread