Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Just popping in to say Happy Birthday, Arus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Happy birthday Arus!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Dreggon posted:

its nicer when you get the green dripping spergwurm armor

Can't be all lucky. At least I don't need to craft poo poo.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Berserker does offer attack speed increase (ie. dps increase) as well as slight boost in damage (Always Angry/Bloody Roar), but due to the nature of PvP and Warrior's lacking burst damage potential (unless you're going to use Burst skills for 1 hit wonder) it's near-impossible to constantly deal raw damage. Berserker skills aren't that great or useful either because you have to take Healing Signet and 2~3 stances (long cool down :smith:) anyway. Utilizing condition has its limits due to its cool down and limited condition (only applies Bleed/Burn with Sword/Torch). While other elite specs received significant damage and/or tank boost, Berserker received minimal damage boost (considering utility and weapon skills) which makes it worse off than other elite specs in PvP. It can be used, but anything it can do other professions will do way better. Also Warrior's squishy once stances go on cool down.

It's great in PvE though, because PvE is sit still and constantly deal damage.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I really, really love the Chronomancer. It reminds me of the Echo+Arcane Echo shenanigans from GW1, but with clones and bipping around and awesomeness. I just don't know what the best swap from Sword/Shield is yet. I kind of want to try something dumb like Scepter/Sword just because. You can't complain, I'm giving you continuous 66% skill recharge! :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Been seeing increase in Scepter/Shield+GS Mesmers recently, but they were in PvP and using Celestial or probably Viper.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Aesis posted:

Berserker skills aren't that great or useful either because you have to take Healing Signet and 2~3 stances (long cool down :smith:) anyway. Utilizing condition has its limits due to its cool down and limited condition (only applies Bleed/Burn with Sword/Torch).
gently caress Stance skills, use Shouts (with the heal + cooldown reduction) plus Wild Blow and cause chaos and heal yourself. It's a really fun way to play.

Berserker using sword/torch + rifle in PvE is lots of fun and does loads of damage.

endolithic posted:

I really, really love the Chronomancer. It reminds me of the Echo+Arcane Echo shenanigans from GW1, but with clones and bipping around and awesomeness. I just don't know what the best swap from Sword/Shield is yet. I kind of want to try something dumb like Scepter/Sword just because. You can't complain, I'm giving you continuous 66% skill recharge! :v:
I really enjoy sword/shield + GS on my Chronomancer. I've tried scepter but I just don't like the scepter skills much.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Is there a way to make leveling fun? It's frustrating that in most MMOs (including this one), leveling is simply too "easy". There's no challenge in face-rolling mobs. What's a way to make this somewhat more challenging?
Level in a WvW-zerg and hit some doors instead. Wont be more challenging and its still boring but at least its faster.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Kenshin posted:

gently caress Stance skills, use Shouts (with the heal + cooldown reduction) plus Wild Blow and cause chaos and heal yourself. It's a really fun way to play.
Problem with Shout is that its heal (not that much) and condition removal (Rune of Soldier) become useless in team fights because of so much AoE damage, cc and condition pressure. Even in 1v1 most professions will have no problem killing you off eventually. And you have to take Tactics traits. Berserker Stance and Endure Pain are useful in team fights because they can lift focus off you by forcing enemy to concentrate on other targets instead. I don't like taking stances but there aren't better alternatives.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Aesis posted:

Problem with Shout is that its heal (not that much) and condition removal (Rune of Soldier) become useless in team fights because of so much AoE damage, cc and condition pressure. Even in 1v1 most professions will have no problem killing you off eventually. And you have to take Tactics traits. Berserker Stance and Endure Pain are useful in team fights because they can lift focus off you by forcing enemy to concentrate on other targets instead. I don't like taking stances but there aren't better alternatives.

Sorry, I'm talking about PvE, not PvP. I know Warrior has a lot of weaknesses in PvP.

With my gear in PvE my shouts heal for ~1500 to me and 4 others around me and I spam them constantly. It's not a big heal but it adds up and it's saved my rear end and party members asses on numerous occasions (not to mention the boons and condition removal I get from them too). And yeah I wear Rune of the Soldier on one of my sets of armor.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Berserker is great and stances are great, but berserker's bullshit isn't as good as tried and true warrior stuff. Healing signet just can't be beat, and shouts or stances are both so good there's no legitimate reason to use the janky berserker skills (other than to look cool), great sword is unbeatable.

Berserker's elite skill is pretty great though, mix it with rifle and you can do some heavy, heavy damage in a short amount of time from a pretty long distance. Especially with shouts and proper speccing, and the trait that gives you reduced recharge on primal bursts, you're basically shooting lasers.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You can get the primal burst recharge to 3.5 seconds, which you will fill the bar on before that time runs out. The longbow burst is particularly nice for condition, especially in PVE, as 15k burn ticks are always pleasant to see pop out of a mob.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Warrior Pro Tips: Activate all 4 of your stances when entering Berserk mode, and then spam the rifle primal burst. It's just like playing Doom!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I'm at lunch, thinking of you Arus.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Happy birthday fat man. Enjoy the copious amounts of food you will gluttonously stuff into your gaping maw as a reward for staving off coronary disease another calendar year.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

You're all the worst.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're all the worst.

I hope you have a wonderful day, regardless of what day it is. :swoon:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Thyrork posted:

I hope you have a wonderful day, regardless of what day it is. :swoon:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Look, if you aren't playing Skyhammer and knocking people off the cannon platform with Wild Blow, you aren't playing Warrior correctly.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're all the worst.

Happy anniversary! :downs:

e: Hello, person trolling through my posts in the thread! This was the last post made in the thread before I started working at Arenanet! Just thought I'd let you know.

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 15, 2016

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

Look, if you aren't playing Skyhammer and knocking people off the cannon platform with Wild Blow, you aren't playing Warrior correctly.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
THE NEW PVP SEASON IS UPON US!

Eurozone Danse Party (UNTZ) the premiere Goon PvP society, sister guild to GOON, foremost in frat-house roleplay, has put together THREE TEAMS for the new season, to bring glory to Goons everywhere and to compete for the prestige title of "best pvp-video game players" among UNTZ. We are in the process of drafting from the UNTZ roster and our SA community at large.

The team I personally lead has one opening that I'm hoping to source to someone who is currently not a member of UNTZ. This player should posses, grit, determination, experience and an auramancer tempest. This player should also be able to sign on weekdays starting between 8-9PM (TBD, PST) for at least three games daily. If that player is you: send me a PM, or if you don't have plat, send an in-game mail to Germany.

If you'd like a vastly increased chance of being approached for the draft this season, PM me with your account details or send an in-game mail to Germany for a guild invite.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 30, 2015

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're all the worst.

I sent you a present mate it's in the guild hall.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Dorkopotamis posted:

Eurozone Danse Party (UNTZ) the premiere Goon PvP society, sister guild to GOON, foremost in frat-house roleplay, has put together THREE TEAMS for the new season, to bring glory to Goons everywhere and to compete for the prestige title of "best pvp-video game players" among UNTZ. We are in the process of drafting from the UNTZ roster and our SA community at large.

The team I personally lead has one opening that I'm hoping to source to someone who is currently not a member of UNTZ. This player should posses, grit, determination, experience and an auramancer tempest. This player should also be able to sign on weekdays starting between 8-9PM (TBD, PST) for at least three games daily. If that player is you: send me a PM, or if you don't have plat, send an in-game mail to Germany.

If you'd like a vastly increased chance of being approached for the draft this season, PM me with your account details or send an in-game mail to Germany for a guild invite.

Can confirm these guys are legit. 10/10 would PvP with any time.

I can't sign up though, as I play on a mobile connection and thus don't have voice access :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

I sent you a present mate it's in the guild hall.

Is it pumpkins?

Sinister Minister
Nov 30, 2015
I was told I needed to register here to become a member of Star Fleet Dental so here I am!
I'm interested in joining because I see you guys in WvW a lot and you that you've had 7 Tournament of Legend teams over the years and I'm interested in hardcore pvp.
I'm Australian and have 7020 Achievement Score, I main Dare Devil and play Dragonhunter occasionally.
Hope to play with you.

[/b]-SM[/b]

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
This will end well.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
To join SFD you need to pay the butter tax. Send 100 stacks of 250 butter to Arus.

Nice try spy. Also rip wvwvw.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sinister Minister posted:

I was told I needed to register here to become a member of Star Fleet Dental so here I am!
I'm interested in joining because I see you guys in WvW a lot and you that you've had 7 Tournament of Legend teams over the years and I'm interested in hardcore pvp.
I'm Australian and have 7020 Achievement Score, I main Dare Devil and play Dragonhunter occasionally.
Hope to play with you.

[/b]-SM[/b]

Cletus will send you a personalized invite shortly, thanks mate

-Rick "Fatbull" Arus

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hope to play with you.

[/b]-SM[/b]

welcome j4g. we haven't had one of those for a while :v:

check out this dude's info, he's a good time.

Dorkopotamis posted:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Great mist buff thing going on in sPvP. Be heart broken trying to get ascended gears! :v:

e: Also, we do WvW? :stare:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 30, 2015

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Holy poo poo an actual j4g in the wild.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

welcome j4g. we haven't had one of those for a while :v:

check out this dude's info, he's a good time.

I can't tell who made this post, please sign your posts with broken bbcode

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Hope to play with you.

[/b]-SM[/b]

We only have one spare team right now, when you hit 20000 cheevos you can run it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Aesis posted:

Great mist buff thing going on in sPvP. Be heart broken trying to get ascended gears! :v:

e: Also, we do WvW? :stare:

Last night it was 7 SFD, xushin and 2 pubbies on the entire 4 maps

It's poppin

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

also no one plays daredevil, get real m8

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Maguuma WvW will never come back if you all are sarcastic to new recruits like this.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Xushin is a pretty awsome dude. I've not played wvw since the new map change (well a long time before then actually), maybe I'll enjoy having a go at it again.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Sprite141 posted:

Xushin is a pretty awsome dude. I've not played wvw since the new map change (well a long time before then actually), maybe I'll enjoy having a go at it again.

Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
For the record, you don't need to be a member of SomethingAwful to be part of SFD. It helps, sure, but isn't required.

• Locked thread