Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Great, one of the mods made the pipboy unequipable! Now i'm just looking at my hand when i try to open the inventory...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

I wish I had a way to make screws. I suppose getting the scrapper perk will help, but I just want to build a screw-making machine. Come on!

Screws become incredibly easy to get once you get Scrapper. They come in virtually every non-pipe weapon (and maybe even those?), so a single raider base can stock you up for a bit.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Back To 99 posted:

Great, one of the mods made the pipboy unequipable! Now i'm just looking at my hand when i try to open the inventory...

player.equipitem should fix this. use player.showinventory to find the relevant ID

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

orcane posted:

Pretty much yeah. For me, in some places the switch light is on, and in others it's not. It does work, though, just without adding its power output to the town's rating. Also I'm probably going to get OCD from the thing always spawning at dumb angles I can't correct.

The angle it spawns at depends on your first person view orientation. Keep your head level and it'll spawn right. I haven't tested, but I guess the same principle would hold for moveto.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

The angle it spawns at depends on your first person view orientation. Keep your head level and it'll spawn right. I haven't tested, but I guess the same principle would hold for moveto.

Also though I cant remember off the top of my head there are commands to set an items rotation, google them up and you can make it lovely and level.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zodium posted:

I did the same thing I do in real life. Looks ugly? Put a plant in front of it

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Azhais posted:

I did the same thing I do in real life. Looks ugly? Put a plant in front of it

I wondered why all your mirrors had plants obscuring them.

In other news I might look around and see what would be needed to add some bigger generators, I know people have succesfully added things to the workshop build menu so might be worth a look.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A dialogue camera that doesn't break off at the slightest touch:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3751/

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I updated Supersized Sledge to have the right physics and also size up the regular sledge hammer, which is pretty great to use with the Heavy mod.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Now if only people didn't hold the things one-handed, it would look a little less ridiculous.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
If you like collecting stuff, this mod for robot model collecting looks pretty good.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3734/

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

A dialogue camera that doesn't break off at the slightest touch:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3751/

So, since this is a mod am I the only person who has the opposite problem? I have to like, force my mouse off my desk and five feet away to break dialogue. :confused:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I want a mod that lets me instruct my companion to run off and dump his or her entire inventory into a previously marked container back in my settlement.

Torchlight 2 solved the too much loot problem back in the day by having a button that sends your pet to sell off everything he is holding. I want the same poo poo for Fallout 4 so I can just have uninterrupted exploration time without having to go back and dump loot.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Zodium posted:

I updated Supersized Sledge to have the right physics and also size up the regular sledge hammer, which is pretty great to use with the Heavy mod.

PURGE THE HERETIC!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Inverness posted:

I want a mod that lets me instruct my companion to run off and dump his or her entire inventory into a previously marked container back in my settlement.

Torchlight 2 solved the too much loot problem back in the day by having a button that sends your pet to sell off everything he is holding. I want the same poo poo for Fallout 4 so I can just have uninterrupted exploration time without having to go back and dump loot.

This would be great but would almost certainly require GECK to pull off.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
In the current scope of what can be generated in mods, is it possible to create a weapon receiver that rechambers it and also turns it into a heavy weapon? Theoretically it's already possible in the game engine since the plasma flamethrower weapon mod changes it over to heavy, but I was curious about the possibility of adding a weapon mod that rechambers an assault/pipe rifle into .308 or .50 and counts it for heavy weapon perks.

I just want a SAW type heavy weapon that uses a more common type of ammunition. Have it fill the gap between the "Single shot but extreme damage" style of the Broadsider/Rocket launcher/Fat man and the "put every bullet downrange NOW" style of the minigun/gatling laser/flamethrower.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Inverness posted:

It'll take the GECK to make it, but the best mod idea I've seen for this so far is a special craftable container you can drop anywhere and fill with stuff and in a couple of in-game hours one of your settlement Provisioners will come to collect it and dump the contents into the nearest settlement's Workshop.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'd like to see a mood that lets you set the way your character holds a weapon. My pipe pistol has so many addons at this point that it looks ridiculous held by the handle, it's so long.

I guess I could make it a rifle but my perks :smith:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Songbearer posted:

I'd like to see a mood that lets you set the way your character holds a weapon. My pipe pistol has so many addons at this point that it looks ridiculous held by the handle, it's so long.

Can you shoot down vertibirds?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

A water pistol could shoot down a vertibird.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Ak Gara posted:

:ocelot:

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Songbearer posted:

You'll notice at least if it's not a revolver once you make it into a rifle you won't even be holding by the pistol grip in first person instead by the stock. I can't wait to hopefully fix that once the geck comes out or if the grip is able to be changed in f04edit.
It's weird that in third person the character holds it fine.

Fingers Mazda
Mar 25, 2008
Don't know if anyone noticed, but SSEx was just updated to be FO4Edit made only

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1145/

Question though, does anyone know it it plays nice with Homemaker? I assume no but I'd really like to get the lights and fences from HM along with some of the assets from SSEx

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Arcsquad12 posted:

Someone needs to replace all the male VA's lines with Philip J. Fry.

"Need something?"

(Barter) "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

If we're doing Futurama, I think I'd go with something that converts the Synth combat sounds with lines from Bender; hearing things like "Hey pretty lady, want to help me kill all humans?" during fights would be mildly amusing.

Is there anything out there that can make the "Such-and-so settlement is under attack!" message flash bigger or be otherwise more noticeable? I swear the game is not telling me at all anymore till I get a message about "Failed: Protect Sanctuary" or wherever (not even a quest in the Data screen which I've taken to compulsively checking), so I have to tromp over and repair everything because apparently 50 million turrets that slaughter anything in a heartbeat when I'm there spontaneously combust along with every other drat thing in the settlement when I'm not there like some hosed up version of quantum observer effect or something. I've seen people trying to remove the attacks altogether, but I want to see if it's tolerable if I actually KNOW to defend them first. That whole system seems kind of buggy altogether really; I "failed" one Outpost Zimoja defense I went to because my horde of missile turrets vaporized the enemy when I spawned in but the message stayed up and I couldn't locate any other enemies (or any remains of them either; seriously, those missile turrets plus an exploding car must have sent the gibs flying away). Didn't actually damage the settlement on "failure" though at least.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fingers Mazda posted:

Question though, does anyone know it it plays nice with Homemaker? I assume no but I'd really like to get the lights and fences from HM along with some of the assets from SSEx

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

I've got both installed and haven't noticed any problems.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

MadDogMike posted:

If we're doing Futurama, I think I'd go with something that converts the Synth combat sounds with lines from Bender; hearing things like "Hey pretty lady, want to help me kill all humans?" during fights would be mildly amusing.

The true genius appears

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FadedReality posted:

If you want to see something real :psyduck:, go look at the comments on the Remove Interior Fog mod. Pages of super mad arguing over a subjective change to visuals.

Lol what a stupid thing to act self-righteous about

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Here's my opinion. oh and let me preemptively state that anyone who might disagree with me is an idiot.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'm glad someone finally added this mod that I am sure so many have been waiting for: MLP stickers for your pipboy

:ughh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Falken posted:

I'm glad someone finally added this mod that I am sure so many have been waiting for: MLP stickers for your pipboy

I bet you're not even playing with the Hello Kitty Minigun mod

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fingers Mazda posted:

awesome, been waiting for this, and the reasonable crafting costs. ill get it tested and added to the op.

CJacobs posted:

Lol what a stupid thing to act self-righteous about

I agree with first part of what he is saying though... the scenes do look bad when you remove the fog...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sure, if you feel that way then that's your view of the game's aesthetic principles. But it's not very kind to say that, and then also say "I only think that because it's the objectively correct thing to believe and everybody else is a loving sheep who likes bad looking video games :smuggo:".

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Here's my opinion. oh and let me preemptively state that anyone who might disagree with me is an idiot.

No, my opinion is more valid. You, sir, are the idiot.

Got a link to the hello kitty mod? I'd love a bright pink minigun. Or all guns. Hell, a mod to paint guns would be amazing.

I should get into modifying textures. I am an illustrator, but my 3D experience is fairly limited. Any advice? I know we can't do meshes yet, but I can take a stab at textures and maps.

What's the best software for editing them? Photoshop?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I finally broke down and decided to do some Metroid power armor paint job retextures and couldn't get photoshop to read the .bbs's even after installing the plug in and that's the end of my story

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This is also 99% of the main Fallout 4 thread.

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.
Wattz Powerful Generators and Water Pumps might be a better choice for anyone using Better Generators, since I see the author of that is being a pissy little bitch and refusing to say what tool he used to create the ESP. (It's Snip.)

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Sharrow posted:

Wattz Powerful Generators and Water Pumps might be a better choice for anyone using Better Generators, since I see the author of that is being a pissy little bitch and refusing to say what tool he used to create the ESP. (It's Snip.)

This is a cool mod but I might see about adding more powerful generators with higher build costs for people who want to run a little more legitimately, only issue with this is current information on modding is very light, not much sharing when someone works out how to do something.

edit: I think I may have worked out how to do it, going to have a go at just adding a second generator that gives more power and if that works Ill see about giving it a different model or something. If I manage I will write a short tutorial on how I did it for anyone else just incase.

edit2: There has been some info on modding in this thread, maybe the OP could add it to the first post?

Kea fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 1, 2015

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
The Craftable Ammunition mod owns. being able to recycle my tremendous amount of laser rifle ammo into plasma cartridges at a 3:1 ratio is great.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Inverness posted:

The Craftable Ammunition mod owns. being able to recycle my tremendous amount of laser rifle ammo into plasma cartridges at a 3:1 ratio is great.

Yeah, of all the mods I've picked up from this thread, that one is absolutely the most utilitarian. Why the hell wasn't that in the actual game to begin with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Falken posted:

Well Adjusted Modder posted:

The residue of a celestia sticker on the screen isn't really in the way but there is a version without it.

"Sticker residue", riiiiiiight

fake edit: Also, why is there the implication that your character put a sticker on the screen and only afterward realized it was in the way and removed it. What?

• Locked thread