Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive always wondered if suplexes hurt dudes with helmets at all

Yeah, you just don't get headsplosions tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

hope your'e hungry..!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didnt know you could mix red, yellow and green herbs all together in one.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah it makes for an excellent emergency heal + life bar increase. I think the viable combinations are G+G+G, G+G+Y, R+G, and R+G+Y.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

remember the first time you witnessed that little fucker salazar's true form. that was freaking epic

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
here lies salazar

blown up by the free rocket launcher by most people

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

here lies salazar

blown up by the free rocket launcher by most people

i always sell that RL

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in RE5 the game was split up into missions you can replay and stuff individually but you still had the persistent inventory, you could replay a mission that gave you a free rocket launcher over and over again and just keep selling them/using them to skip bosses. gently caress capcom

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bobnumerotres posted:

in RE5 the game was split up into missions you can replay and stuff individually but you still had the persistent inventory, you could replay a mission that gave you a free rocket launcher over and over again and just keep selling them/using them to skip bosses. gently caress capcom

This all made sense until you said gently caress Capcom :confused:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
re6 inventory is persistent so if i start playing with someone else and do leon's campaign i'll start as helena and have full ammo in every gun despite the leon player having nothing but his baller dual pistols

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

This all made sense until you said gently caress Capcom :confused:

it was a lovely change made for the co-op that made the game worse

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
early in re6 there's a cutscene. midway through, leon has to grapple with a zombie and do a QTE and AI helena won't do anything

player helena can just shoot the zombie and end it early and that owns. next time I play I plan to use an incendiary grenade or the grenade launcher and see if anything goes wrong

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i bought re4 hd thanks to this thread and was sorely tempted to get 5 as well but i've only ever played that in couch co-op, is it still fun enough solo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot I also have RE5 to play if I want to. Hmm

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Some guide convinced me that you had to use the Rocket Launcher on Salazar's servant in the basement. That's a great tense moment btw.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Looper posted:

i bought re4 hd thanks to this thread and was sorely tempted to get 5 as well but i've only ever played that in couch co-op, is it still fun enough solo?

the ai partner is the most retarded thing ive ever seen

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I bought 6 to play in co-op with my smooth buddy. I hope it's fun. It was £5.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I bought 6 to play in co-op with my smooth buddy. I hope it's fun. It was £5.

You can make it fun, I enjoyed co-oping the whole thing.

In Training posted:

I forgot I also have RE5 to play if I want to. Hmm

co-op it it's pretty boring solo imo. the online co-op works really well.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

make her hold all your ammo and dont give her healing items or guns because she will pop expensive rare items to heal 2 HP and Use The Strongest Weapon on everything

also, if you play as sheva online it still makes the over the shoulder cam the inverse of chris' cam and it's really hosed up and theres no way to change it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

if you do play solo just give sheva the stun rod

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when you beat the game you can buy a bow and arrow with infinite ammo that knocks down things and deals huge damage, if you give this to sheva, and also equip her with a pistol, she will use the pistol until the ammo runs out and then switch to the stun baton

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
god I wish the bow was available in single player in RE4, it is SO GOOD.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

when you beat the game you can buy a bow and arrow with infinite ammo that knocks down things and deals huge damage, if you give this to sheva, and also equip her with a pistol, she will use the pistol until the ammo runs out and then switch to the stun baton

She doesn't like cheesing thee game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

god I wish the bow was available in single player in RE4, it is SO GOOD.

i wish you could just play as all the merc characters through the SP really

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wish you could just play as all the merc characters through the SP really

i was hoping someone would have modded it in but all of the mods except remove film grain are garbage

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/ar/t376.htm i found these for the old version though and i'm sad they don't work in cutscenes because leon and krauser knife fighting with guitars would rule

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/ar/t376.htm i found these for the old version though and i'm sad they don't work in cutscenes because leon and krauser knife fighting with guitars would rule

lmfao

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

aw man :(

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Besides the bad AI for sp the only bad part of re5 I remember is one of the fights required incendiary grenades. There's a flamethrower you can recharge over and over again but it never felt like it caused enough damage.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sorry that Im not helping keep this thread more active but Im only playing this game on weekends.. believe me Id be rear end deep in this game if I could but Stacy likes watching me play so I guess I gotta keep playing Fallout 4 all week instead.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Jeez

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I know someone who got through godhand without knowing you could upgrade your health.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also Revelations 1 and 2 are confirmed good budget games

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

net cafe scandal posted:

Sorry that Im not helping keep this thread more active but Im only playing this game on weekends.. believe me Id be rear end deep in this game if I could but Stacy likes watching me play so I guess I gotta keep playing Fallout 4 all week instead.

are you building a cool Settlement?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Looper posted:

Also Revelations 1 and 2 are confirmed good budget games

Revelations did not wow me. Something just felt like it was missing.

The enemies were also bad.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

are you building a cool Settlement?

Not possible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm watching a speedrun of this and it's cool. No exploits , the guy just knows how to manipulate the AI pathing and run through the entire game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

I'm watching a speedrun of this and it's cool. No exploits , the guy just knows how to manipulate the AI pathing and run through the entire game

link, please

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1a8tm06HlM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. There's really good broken AI in the mine cart sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Í tried looking for some speedruns, but all I found were new game+ using the infinite ammo weapons and that just felt boring to watch. This is cool.

• Locked thread