Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

VietCampo posted:

You're telling me, i'm against the 1st place team this week and i'm the 3rd place team with a first round bye on the line for me, this is how it ended...

...me losing by double my points.

Even with me starting players who are probably all top 10 at their positions. Fantasy is a fickle little bitch
This reminds me of something, is there a way to get Yahoo to display positional rankings like ESPN does? Both have their own pros and cons but that's one thing that strikes me a huge minus for Yahoo.

edit: Just fyi VietCampo, Demaryius is 11 and Rawls is 35 (including a few IR RBs) and Dez is 76 (counting the absence), so yeah the rest of your guys are top 10

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'm so ready for this season to be over. As a Falcons fan, as a fantasy football player, I'm just ready. My underachieving sacks of poo poo really poo poo the bed on me this week which most likely means I will miss the playoffs in my big money league by one game yet again.

Thank you Cam, DMC, Demarco, Chiefs DST, Julio and Yeldon for doing the bare minimum to show up on the stats sheet. :smithicide:

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Chen Kenichi posted:

The last QB that was drafted as the understudy to a legend I believe was Aaron Rodgers......I expect nothing less for Brock so I picked him up in dynasty

Ryan Mallet says hi

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

ZIGfried posted:

Ryan Mallet says hi

But he didnt take over for the legend?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Minor knee sprain for Gronk, expected to miss a week.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

LmaoTheKid posted:

Minor knee sprain for Gronk, expected to miss a week.

Think they hold him out for longer to keep him fresh for the playoffs?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Amergin posted:

*grumble grumble* we're on to the Eagles

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Amergin posted:

It's possible, but the pats really can't afford another loss if they want home field since the Broncos have the tiebreaker over them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hazo posted:

This reminds me of something, is there a way to get Yahoo to display positional rankings like ESPN does? Both have their own pros and cons but that's one thing that strikes me a huge minus for Yahoo.

What do you mean by positional rankings? You mean like this?

Because that's a super basic filter to run. They look inaccurate I know but I'm pretty sure that the "actual" just doesn't get updated until all the games have been played.

e: side note - Gurley being on the can't cut list but not Ingram is amusing to me.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 30, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah I know you can do that by going to the player list and selecting all players and sorting by position. There's just no way to look at your roster and see where each player is ranked like ESPN does (the rankings for your roster show overall rankings not positional).EDIT: Actually I'm not sure even those in the screenshot are sorted by RBs only, looks more like overall.

It's not a huge deal but it's definitely annoying if you want to do what VietCampo was trying to do and see at a glance where your own roster stacks up.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 30, 2015

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

There's a real possibility I can miss the playoffs as the highest scoring team in the league depending on next week. This is unbelievable.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Pending results from tonight's game, my 14 team work league could potentially have ten teams at 6-6 going into the final week of the regular season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Next season i'm just gonna do some voodoo or something and wish that i have the least points scored against.

But with my luck, i'll probably end up playing the highest scorer each week.

Need advice on lolTE's since Jimmy Graham is done.

Coby Fleener, Crockett Gilmore, Eric Ebron, Jordan Cameron, Vance Mcdonald, Kyle Rudolph, Jared Cook, ASJ, and Luke Willson.

Who should i be grabbing for rest of season? I'm currently thinking i stream Vance Mcdonald until Celek comes back and then roll with Gilmore if Schaub does check down to him a lot?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 30, 2015

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Next season i'm just gonna do some voodoo or something and wish that i have the least points scored against.

But with my luck, i'll probably end up playing the highest scorer each week.

Need advice on lolTE's since Jimmy Graham is done.

Coby Fleener, Crockett Gilmore, Eric Ebron, Jordan Cameron, Vance Mcdonald, Kyle Rudolph, Jared Cook, ASJ, and Luke Willson.

Who should i be grabbing for rest of season? I'm currently thinking i stream Vance Mcdonald until Celek comes back and then roll with Gilmore if Schaub does check down to him a lot?

Scott Chandler.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wait until waivers run but go get Shaun Draughn if he's not owned in your PPR league.

He's missed 5 snaps the last 2 games, has 17 catches in three games since joining SF and is massively underowned because he hasn't scored and hasn't racked up big yardage totals. He's just been a PPR machine since taking over. They'll probably throw Hyde on the IR soon, which means it's the Shaun Draughn Show in Santa Clara.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Wait until waivers run but go get Shaun Draughn if he's not owned in your PPR league.

He's missed 5 snaps the last 2 games, has 17 catches in three games since joining SF and is massively underowned because he hasn't scored and hasn't racked up big yardage totals. He's just been a PPR machine since taking over. They'll probably throw Hyde on the IR soon, which means it's the Shaun Draughn Show in Santa Clara.

Totally overlooked this, good find. Would you drop Spencer Ware for him if you had Charmander?

:siren: Chris Johnson has a fractured tibia. :siren:
Andre Ellington is still dealing with a turf toe.

David Johnson hype train?

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 1, 2015

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I own Charcandrick and Ware and I was obviously happy with Ware yesterday, but in the long run it might be a negative since Charcandrick might be in a timeshare when he returns since Ware had looked so good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would keep Ware & West over Draughn. They have higher ceilings if one or the other is out, but Draughn is just flat producing in PPR right now. I'm not even really recommending burning a lot of FAAB or a high waiver priority on him, but he could be a useful/free piece down the stretch.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

Was able to get him in ever league but one. Not even through waivers and this guy is a STARTING RB. So underowned it's ridiculous

Also dropped peyton for gabbert in my 2qb :v:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Darko posted:

There's a real possibility I can miss the playoffs as the highest scoring team in the league depending on next week. This is unbelievable.

If one of Gary Barnridge or J.Allen go off today, I'm officially eliminated this week, despite being the highest scoring team, and two out of the three lowest scoring teams will be in.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Drop Karlos for Draughn or David Johnson?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

The Zack posted:

Drop Karlos for Draughn or David Johnson?

Either, with David Johnson being the priority. David Johnson is a Rawls/Deangelo Williams/Charcandrick type of add that can win you your league.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Man I really hate you guys in leagues with these "unowned players" and "free agent quarterbacks" and poo poo.

Hoping for some Maximum Barnidge tonight so I can at least win in my lost cause league. :getin:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Abugadu posted:

If one of Gary Barnridge or J.Allen go off today, I'm officially eliminated this week, despite being the highest scoring team, and two out of the three lowest scoring teams will be in.

My entire season comes down to 19 pts needed from Barnidge. I've never needed someone to hold me as much as I do now.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm the the 6th highest scorer, started the season 1-5 and battled back. If I win and the #6 seed loses next week, I'm going to sneak in at 6-7. In all likelihood, I'm going to get knocked out by said team because he beat me week 8 when Drew Brees dropped 51 points on me for about 45% of his total score.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Gobias Ind. posted:

Pending results from tonight's game, my 14 team work league could potentially have ten teams at 6-6 going into the final week of the regular season.

It's quite possible I am going to miss the playoffs in the 14-team goon IDP league at 7-6 with 8 teams making playoffs.

I need to check but it's even possible 10th place will end at 7-6 as well

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
9-2 here. Clinched a playoff spot a couple weeks ago. Now the only problem as I face the other 9-2 team next week is if I want to fight for top seed or tank for second. the teams projecting to finish seeds 3 and 4 are in a slump and the potential 5, 6 seeds are heating up.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Don't tank.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm the highest scoring team in mine but bad week's got me 3 extra losses. Everyone is tied from 2nd to 5th except first place who I beat twice including this week pretty handily. How does the playoffs work? Is there a re-draft? Does all the other players go into FA? I'm on nfl.com.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RBX posted:

I'm the highest scoring team in mine but bad week's got me 3 extra losses. Everyone is tied from 2nd to 5th except first place who I beat twice including this week pretty handily. How does the playoffs work? Is there a re-draft? Does all the other players go into FA? I'm on nfl.com.

The fantasy playoffs happen during the regular NFL season. And if your league is extra bad, the championship is Week 17.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tank only if you're not interfering with other people's playoff races, losing to a 4-8 team to mess with positioning is fine

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 1, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Fat Lowtax posted:

Tank only if you're not interfering with other people's playoff races, losing to a 4-8 team to mess with positioning is fine

You play to win the game. Don't tempt fate by trying to face the weaker opponent in the playoffs because that's the week they go off and the strong opponent puts up a wet fart.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

LmaoTheKid posted:

You play to win the game. Don't tempt fate by trying to face the weaker opponent in the playoffs because that's the week they go off and the strong opponent puts up a wet fart.

Yeah but fantasy's all about playing the percentages, you can get your process right and your results wrong with basically anything. If there's a strong team and someone who's been lucky, whatever, go for it.

If you're being a kingmaker and giving someone a free game so they make the playoffs then sure, it's a dick move.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Just put your head down and play your best lineup and don't worry about what other people in your league are doing.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

LmaoTheKid posted:

The fantasy playoffs happen during the regular NFL season. And if your league is extra bad, the championship is Week 17.

My league is extra bad.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Just put your head down and play your best lineup and don't worry about what other people in your league are doing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's a distinct possibility not one but three teams in my 14 team league will make the playoffs at 6-7.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
lost by 4 yards this week

officially out of the playoffs

i have 250 more points than the last wildcard team or the first place team

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
tanking games is literally in the rules for most fantasy providers. don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spoeank posted:

Yeah. I would have made some awful decisions this season otherwise. Don't assume other people know something you don't.

My first year ever playing fantasy football and not making rash moves has worked out so far.

• Locked thread