Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!
I think fiona would warn him, but that's not important. Shoot the fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'll go on record as saying that if shooting him or letting him blow up wins the vote, when I rework the video to out the ending on I'll retool the dialogue so Fiona says the "wow what the gently caress I'm pissed off now" responses.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you pick "You're the man now," she will actually say You're the Man Now, Dog. Vaughn is like "What was that?" And Fiona's all "Dunno."

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
To be fair, he tells us up front right at the start that he's going to betray us by being British.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Tough call. Felix is the closest thing to a father she's had, but he did just steal a literal fortune. Even then, that's business and understandable - it could get stolen back, so shooting him isn't reasonable. But pushing Fiona back into the race, which will almost certainly get her killed? He didn't need to do that. It was pure dick move. Don't warn him. He earned what's coming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In this world, it's KILL OR BE KILLED.

Shoot the fucker.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

JT Jag posted:

I'm sure he has a reason for what he's doing.

probably about ten million reasons

Tempest_56 posted:

Tough call. Felix is the closest thing to a father she's had, but he did just steal a literal fortune. Even then, that's business and understandable - it could get stolen back, so shooting him isn't reasonable. But pushing Fiona back into the race, which will almost certainly get her killed? He didn't need to do that. It was pure dick move. Don't warn him. He earned what's coming.

just FYI I like the thought and detail that went into this post :)

Waffleman_ posted:

In this world, it's KILL OR BE KILLED.

for real, it's Pandora

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Let him lie in the bed he made. :colbert:

Kaubocks posted:

I'll go on record as saying that if shooting him or letting him blow up wins the vote, when I rework the video to out the ending on I'll retool the dialogue so Fiona says the "wow what the gently caress I'm pissed off now" responses.

I think she'd let him blow up not because she's super angry, but because she thinks as a father figure and a fellow con man he'll never listen to her. So she may as well save her breath and maybe hope she can patch him up after the explosion. You're effectively taking that option away from us. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't trying to influence the vote, but I hope you consider a middle path too rather than just LOVE/HATE/HATE.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

that's fair, I'm not trying to influence the vote, but also there's not a lot of middle ground in the dialogue choice for this scene. if people want to let him choke on it with the caveat that I try and play nice leading up to that choice, that's fine too. mostly just trying to explain that I'm flexible in trying to make the dialogue fit the narrative if requested

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't warn him.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Ugh, this is killing me. I really want to vote a certain way but for extremely spoilerish reasons. (I'm gonna abstain from voting because I don't want to try and influence the vote).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Shoot.

Also, I hafta admit, I'm not impressed with the model-movement in this scene. People don't actually... seem to weigh anything in the way they move. There's no momentum.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Kaubocks posted:

that's fair, I'm not trying to influence the vote, but also there's not a lot of middle ground in the dialogue choice for this scene. if people want to let him choke on it with the caveat that I try and play nice leading up to that choice, that's fine too. mostly just trying to explain that I'm flexible in trying to make the dialogue fit the narrative if requested

Figured it was something like that. Thanks for being cool about stuff. :3:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The only option I really can't see Fiona doing is just letting him open the briefcase because not only is Felix dying from that but the money will go up in flames too.

I kind of want to say screw you to thief-dad and shoot him but he seems like a potentially interesting character and for the meta-reason of I want to see where his story goes if we don't kill him immediately I'm going to vote for warning him.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
If Felix is cutting ties with us, it's only right we give him back his bullet.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.
Maaan I love this scene. The fact that this isn't my favourite set piece scene in the series is a sign of good things to come.

Anyway, we should warn Felix. Regardless of his actions, Pandora sees enough bloodshed as it is, and he seems to be one of the precious few sane people left.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Shoot him in the arm to stop him from opening up the case and exploding.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Wiseblood posted:

Ugh, this is killing me. I really want to vote a certain way but for extremely spoilerish reasons. (I'm gonna abstain from voting because I don't want to try and influence the vote).

This is my reasoning for not voting in the thread so far, I know too much and thus would be pretty biased towards a good number of choices in the future, I'm not someone who does things differently, only opting for the funniest/most insane options.

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

Warn him.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Warn Him, can't harden that heart yo.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
If he's going to let greed blind his survival chances, he's going to deserve getting a bad case of the EXPLOSIONS.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Warn him. Whether you want him dead or not, if he opens that briefcase then all that money goes up in smoke. And there's no guarantee that shooting him will stop him from opening the briefcase. If he gets away with it, we might be able to get it back later.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
If he's stupid enough to throw away a perfectly good working relationship just so that he doesn't have to share the money that's more money than he knows what to do with, then he deserves every bullet that we fire into his stupid, greedy brain.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Warn him. He might -not- blow up all our money, and Fiona doesn't seem that cold blooded, yet, I guess. Also, I saw up till the start of the race and have no clue what happens after.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Shoot that motherfucker.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Shoot him. Show him that he didn't think things through. Shouldn't have given Fiona the gun if he didn't want it used against him. :colbert:

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Cap his punk rear end

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Warn Him

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Since you've already said that the money's gone either it would be more pragmatic to save the bullet and tell him to eat poo poo, but I'd rather vote for how I would have done it without this information. Besides the laws of dramatic irony require, nay demand that We Return To Him His Bullet.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Warn Him

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
lol at all the people who react to a father figure stealing from them by killing them. Some crazy people out there. The correct decision is to warn him.

So It Goes fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 1, 2015

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
Warn him gets my vote because I think we should save the bullet for a situation where it could actually affect the outcome!

EDIT: And on that note I appreciate you letting us know the money is gone regardless, I feel like shoot him would be the default answer otherwise.
I also recognize that it's super likely that Vaughn, and by extension you, are lying about that bomb!

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011
Seems odd that you need to save the bullet to shoot him here, since she's had plenty of time to reload. Does she really only have one bullet for the gun?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a small gun.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
It's like he said, they are still family, and I'd rather the money go to someone we know (even if they double-crossed us) than let it go up in flames. Warn him.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So It Goes posted:

lol at all the people who react to a father figure stealing from them by killing them. Some crazy people out there.

when in rome pandora

Misandu posted:

And on that note I appreciate you letting us know the money is gone regardless, I feel like shoot him would be the default answer otherwise.

I didn't want to try and trick people into thinking that shooting him could affect the outcome, because I worry that people might see that as the way to $10,000,000 and all dogpile it. I want this choice to be about how everyone feels about Felix and his heel turn.

Also, have no doubt about it, that bomb is going off. When he opens the case, there's a loud beeping noise that goes on for the duration of the choice that I had to edit out because
1) it would be annoying to hear the whole time I'm letting the choice tick down and
2) I actually slow down the choice in post (if it isn't obvious) and it would take more editing wizardry than I'm capable of to grab that sound file and play it repeatedly.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Warn him. He's family, :10bux: could never come between family, right?

... Right?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Shoot him.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Warn him, Save that bullet like there's a giant enemy crab at the end of the game. This is Pandora after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Let him go, he decided to steal the money now. His mistake in not holding off till later to regroup first.

• Locked thread