Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Phtumerian Elder in the chalice dungeons is a cool rear end boss...I really wish there was a boss rush in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Phtumerian Elder in the chalice dungeons is a cool rear end boss...I really wish there was a boss rush in this game

Apparently there exists a chalice seed where a boss rush exists but no ones found it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Apparently there exists a chalice seed where a boss rush exists but no ones found it.

i hope it's real...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i hope it's real...

I've lost hope at this point

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
imagine how epic it will be if someone ever finds that

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Until it's just three rooms of amygdala

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

doesn't help me as I don't have ps+... maybe I'll get it when I get back to the states but it might not be worth it for 1 game's online.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

also martyr logarias was a sick boss. I didn't notice what was summoning the swords my first try so I died horribly.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it would be cool to use the loch shield against logarias, but that would take some impressive gaming to take down the first dlc boss before cainhurst. i'll have to try it out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's always NG+

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i killed creepy simon for his bow. it seems like it converts to elemental damage just fine, so you might be able to turn it into a fire/lightning bow??

Dec 26, 2012

man these shark guys are assholes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

man these shark guys are assholes

you need to fight and kill two of them at once in a small room to get maria's katana.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

it would be cool to use the loch shield against logarias, but that would take some impressive gaming to take down the first dlc boss before cainhurst. i'll have to try it out

Nah, just skip Cainhurst until after you take down the first DLC boss. It's a totally optional area so you can go do it whenever.

All you really need to take down the first DLC boss on NG is 30+ vitality and a +9 weapon, which you can get with a quick trip into post-Rom Yahar'gul.

Dec 26, 2012

is it the one at the bottom of the well because ive been throwing lives at that one a bunch

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

01011001 posted:

is it the one at the bottom of the well because ive been throwing lives at that one a bunch

Yes and this sucks. I did it without any consumable weapons, but I've heard of people having success with shaman bone blades and getting them to kill each other.

Dec 26, 2012

yeah thats what ive been doing. it mostly works except that i keep not sticking the landing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love how if you go the other way (not from the well) you have to get through the loving lantern brains and youre thinking "oh man theres gonna be some good rear end treasure past these god drat assholes" and then it drops you in a room w/ two shark trolls with no exit

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
those fish trolls suck hard but you can parry and backstab them and once you figure out their timings they become much easier

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i did it. i sat down in quiet contemplation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

i did it. i sat down in quiet contemplation

Congrats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't realize that doing bsb backwards requires skipping hypogean gaol. Ah well, cest la vie. I'm at rom now anyway, I'll just continue I suppose

Dec 26, 2012

01011001 posted:

yeah thats what ive been doing. it mostly works except that i keep not sticking the landing

got it in one the first time i tried after coming home tonight. lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

pretty much every weapon, except for the rifle spear, is great and worth doing a build around

the saw spear is my least favourite ... but i like the r2 combo that sends stuff flying.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I want to see how fast I can blow through the game using my trusty saw cleaver. and also a million other runs. this loving game...

my current plan is to beat it with strength/arcane and skill/bloodtinge characters and grab all the good weapons, then take both characters into ng+ which I've honestly never done in souls because I usually just like making a new character. I think it'll work out in Bloodborne though.

ng in bloodborne doesnt add nothing , but i think the chalices r supposed to be done over multiple playthroughs. well , the depth 5 stuff with half hp is harder than anything in ng+ for sure.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

ones like that one that the guy found with like giants and defiled watchdogs as regular enemies might be what the guide was referring 2

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the saw spear is my least favourite ... but i like the r2 combo that sends stuff flying.

i swore by the saw spear at first but after using the cleaver enough i have to concede that it's distinctly not as good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I love the cleaver. The transform combo flows so well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

i swore by the saw spear at first but after using the cleaver enough i have to concede that it's distinctly not as good

I used the saw spear this run for a bit but I couldn't figure out why I would use it over saw cleaver. So I switched to the bigass hammer +6 and pwned amygdala with it, I'll probably use this thing until I get courageous enough to do the DLC

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I did the ailing chalice ritual last night so I'm gonna grab the beast claw on my str/arc character today. It looks awesome.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I used the saw spear this run for a bit but I couldn't figure out why I would use it over saw cleaver. So I switched to the bigass hammer +6 and pwned amygdala with it, I'll probably use this thing until I get courageous enough to do the DLC

the transformed cleaver's vertical light/horizontal heavy move set was strange at first to me but once i got used to it, it was better

Evil Eagle posted:

I did the ailing chalice ritual last night so I'm gonna grab the beast claw on my str/arc character today. It looks awesome.

beast claw owns hard

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wish the beast claw let you do the moves that the NPC beast claw hunters have like that crazy spinning dive attack

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

it actually really sucks until you get the beast rune from the secret boss in the DLC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the beast claws weren't in a really deep chalice dungeon because I don't really enjoy chalice dungeons very much and still want to see the weapon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I wish the beast claw let you do the moves that the NPC beast claw hunters have like that crazy spinning dive attack

then go kill Ultra Amelia in the dlc lol

In Training posted:

I wish the beast claws weren't in a really deep chalice dungeon because I don't really enjoy chalice dungeons very much and still want to see the weapon.

chalice dungeons are good. just not the spider bullshit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean I like playing te chalice dungeons since it's still bloodborne gameplay, but I don't like the block based dungeon design and all the enemies I've run into are kinda lame and I never got very deep into them. Furthest I got was beating the one with indoor Rom and I didn't have enough resources to go to the next one even though I had thoroughly explored all of the ones up to that point so I was like. Whatever I'll just start a new char instead

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

it actually really sucks until you get the beast rune from the secret boss in the DLC

the gently caress are you on, i used them a bunch in my original run, they're good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love the hissing sound that plays when you have beasthood or the claws out.

Like a steam pipe

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

the gently caress are you on, i used them a bunch in my original run, they're good

i was just really underwhelmed by them and i liked stunning everything with the hammer. they're alright i guess, but the new beast rune makes it loving baller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

understandable, they're definitely not about burst damage/initial stun like kirkhammer/ludwig's are. build up some beasthood meter though (this is what the l2 is for) and they put out tons of damage