Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Augus posted:

This would be ideal, any confirmation that it works? I know that small drives like that usually have a limited amount of rewrites that would be used up quickly with video game saves.

Just to be safe, I'd go for a 32 gig one, because a 16 GB thumb drive actually has under 15 GiB of space. They're still very cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

8-bit Miniboss posted:

loving :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePypW6n1egQ

we on a whollllle different planetttt

Edit: Put up a different one with lyrics

It's kinda weird how they made this poo poo work in Persona 3 and 4 by using singers with accents thick enough to dissolve the Engrish.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

enojy posted:

It's kinda weird how they made this poo poo work in Persona 3 and 4 by using singers with accents thick enough to dissolve the Engrish.

I've probably put like 200 hours into Persona 4 + its spinoffs and still have no idea what the lyrics to Reach Out to the Truth are

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Rexroom posted:

An idea that might work: Get a 16 gigabyte USB stick and download all the packs to it.

This won't work properly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the next news. like december 3 game awards is that right? december 4 smash direct? or when is that. december 4 xenochronicles or whatever comes out?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

This won't work properly.

It actually works fine. I guess it depends on what USB flash you use.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePypW6n1egQ&t=254s

4:14 is deffo the highlight, game is deffo goty

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

6:05 is the highlight of the song because it ends

God drat I was hoping the original link of that was a joke so I clicked on another one and skipped to the middle and :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's like someone did a literal translation of the Japanese lyrics and then passed them on to someone else to try to make them work in an English song but that person just mailed it in.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Relax boys, you can just mute the tv and play something different.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

epitasis posted:

december 4 xenochronicles or whatever comes out?

Xenocross

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFaoLrLzd4

i'm trying to figure out where the line is drawn for you people.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Waltzing Along posted:

It's like someone did a literal translation of the Japanese lyrics and then passed them on to someone else to try to make them work in an English song but that person just mailed it in.

I'm pretty sure the song has English singing in the Japanese version too.

Inflammatory posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFaoLrLzd4

i'm trying to figure out where the line is drawn for you people.

enojy posted:

i.e. This is why anime vocals usually stick to languages nobody understands, like Latin or German.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are you implying that is bad?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

nice. i get the ref

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

try listening to black tar and tell me what the lyrics are

Waltzing Along posted:

Are you implying that is bad?

absolutely not. i'm just trying to figure out where the line is between good and bad "japanese person singing in english".

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bad Engrish lyrics can be good, for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3aEQuxQEOw

not sung by a Japanese person though; holy poo poo it's Ian Gillan from Deep Purple

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

Relax boys, you can just mute the tv and play something different.

Why mute greatness?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

nice. i get the ref

Same

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

BattleMaster posted:

Bad Engrish lyrics can be good, for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3aEQuxQEOw

not sung by a Japanese person though; holy poo poo it's Ian Gillan from Deep Purple

Oh man, this is awesome. And I can even tell half of what he's saying. I should play Blue Dragon some time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Saoshyant posted:

Oh man, this is awesome. And I can even tell half of what he's saying. I should play Blue Dragon some time.

You shouldn't. It's really boring and Eternity was the best part about it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is the beginning
Here's where it all gets started
Fear what you'll learn to love

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAA

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ChaosArgate posted:

You shouldn't. It's really boring and Eternity was the best part about it.

The only good thing about it, really. Blue Dragon is awful. Just an immensely tedious and uninteresting game. I guess the mechanics were a "throwback" to SNES JRPGs, but it's not like the battle mechanics are what make Final Fantasy 6 a good game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the music starts and i can feel every jump shot, every rebound and three pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. i am there...

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I've probably put like 200 hours into Persona 4 + its spinoffs and still have no idea what the lyrics to Reach Out to the Truth are

There's a line in that song that I swear says something about "homo men" and I can't hear it as anything different

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
The music is good in a funny haha this is so dumb I love it sort of way, but to be perfectly honest, I'd rather there be the actual good music of the first Xenoblade.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oddium posted:

the music starts and i can feel every jump shot, every rebound and three pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. i am there...

classic ref.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Davinci posted:

The music is good in a funny haha this is so dumb I love it sort of way, but to be perfectly honest, I'd rather there be the actual good music of the first Xenoblade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrsFWOBsAQ

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Davinci posted:

This is actual good music sorry for your taste in music friend.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
NX in 2016 starting to look like a real possibility

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151130PD203.html

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL-land is getting Zack & Wiki, Kirby Mass Attack and Kirby Power Paintbrush/Canvas Curse this week. Those are all good games!

you drat PAL people better appreciate Zack & Wiki

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

NX in 2016 starting to look like a real possibility

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151130PD203.html

Digitimes, digital newspape digitimes are the champion.

Digitimes, digital newspape digitimes are the champion.

Change into digital paper, to report digital worlds.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They want to ship 10-12 million units.

The only way to make people buy a large quantity will be making zelda a launch game. Because nobody really gives a crap about other Nintendo games unless they're Zelda or Smash brothers which also has Zelda guys in it.

So it's Zelda all the way down.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If it can play Madden, COD Blops and other AAAs with better specs than the PS4 at a competitive price point, it will sell and dominate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Waltzing Along posted:

If it can play Madden, COD Blops and other AAAs with better specs than the PS4 at a competitive price point, it will sell and dominate.

Are people going to want to buy another system next year?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The NX is a PS4 modkit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

This is assuming that they will be willing to allow their titles to be sold on Nintendo Consoles again.

Because you're going in with PS4 being 30-40 million strong.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Madden and COD BLOPS aren't Sony IPs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

Madden and COD BLOPS aren't Sony IPs.

EA doesn't like Nintendo and Activision didn't even bother releasing anything for it outside of Skylanders.

The Wii-U didn't even get Destiny. And there's no guarantee that the NX will take off because going by the other three to four Nintendo systems all the EA and Activision IPs sold the least on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

it wont and it wouldnt

• Locked thread