Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

peach moonshine posted:

I will be in New Hampshire the week of January 24th, two weeks before the New Hampshire primary. Is that too early to catch campaign events and such? I will have time to kill.

No doubt you'll be able to catch Chris Christie at an IHOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Franco Potente posted:

Just wanted to say thanks, Montasque, for the continual stream of updates from the heart of the conservative id. I hope you haven't gone insane; you're doing the lord's work.
Agreed, it's very interesting and informative to follow what Trump's supporters are thinking (as terrifying as it is).

Winkie01 posted:

I love that the Bush dynasty has been reduced to being mocked by Herman Cain. Thank you Mr. Trump.
Also agreed. After hearing the "Jeb! is inevitable" stuff a few months ago it's so much fun watching how hard he's crashed and burned.

peach moonshine posted:

I will be in New Hampshire the week of January 24th, two weeks before the New Hampshire primary. Is that too early to catch campaign events and such? I will have time to kill.
There will definitely be campaign events 2 weeks before the New Hampshire primary; everyone is going to be trying to get as much support as they can and/or unseat Donald Trump from his New Hampshire primary win. I think that's also right during Jeb!'s money barrage.

I'd say pick who you want to make time for: Trump, Rubio, Cruz, or maybe one or two of the smaller guys hoping to scrape as high as they can in the primary (Kasich, Christie).

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
2016 Republican Primary: unironically rooting for Trump

2016 Republican Primary: The Trumper of two evils

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jeb!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

When Jeb dreams that he has friends.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Currently qualified for the Virginia primary: Trump, Kasich, Bush, Cruz, Carson, and Christie. The deadline is the 10th. It's the hardest primary to qualify for, requiring a state-wide signature campaign.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I've been in a really dark depressive state since the holidays, just full of darkness and despair.

But I am motivated today to post that the excitement H5N1 shows for Jeb! has rubbed off on me.

and i am going to need a towel

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

http://gawker.com/fox-friends-host-i-remember-seeing-american-muslims-1745263215

Steve Doocy remembers seeing American Muslims cheering 9/11.

Can't stump the Trump!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

paranoid randroid posted:

jeb has supporters. literal tens of supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Club for Growth attack Trump for using eminent domain to get land so he could build a limo parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_YSz2CrJYw

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Oh god dammit

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I can't recall if it was previously posted (I couldn't find it in the last 5 pages or so), but it really is amazing that George W basically told Jeb! to poo poo or get off the pot:

quote:

“As the day of his campaign kickoff pep rally approached, Jeb Bush was a man sorely lacking in pep. … He was … growing increasingly resentful of the political reporters who kept trying to bait him into bashing his brother. … Over four grueling days, he ducked and dodged and dithered on the Iraq question, fumbling through five different non-answers until finally Dubya called up Jeb and told him to knock it off. ‘Stop it with this poo poo,’ the former president told his little brother. ‘Say whatever you have to say.’”
Calling H5N1 to discuss how excited he'll be over this quote!

http://www.politico.com/playbook/20...as-is-30-211477

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
IDK how I got on so many mailing lists. I get emails from Carly, JEB!, Donald, Cruz, Paul Ryan, Reince, and more. Now I know WHY I get the Trump, JEB! and Cruz ones, don't know about the others. Also, signed up for Trump, sick of JEB! asking me for money, all the candidates ask for money, but not Mr. Trump because he is very rich.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

The Club for Growth attack Trump for using eminent domain to get land so he could build a limo parking lot.

Yes, attacking a candidate for being too much of a bully, we need someone with much lower energy, for instance Jeb Bush

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Franco Potente posted:

Just wanted to say thanks, Montasque, for the continual stream of updates from the heart of the conservative id. I hope you haven't gone insane; you're doing the lord's work.

I've said before, but sometimes I feel like a cop who's been undercover for too long. This entire thing is most likely going to end with me running for office as a Tea-Partier just to keep my cover.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Currently qualified for the Virginia primary: Trump, Kasich, Bush, Cruz, Carson, and Christie. The deadline is the 10th. It's the hardest primary to qualify for, requiring a state-wide signature campaign.

Rubio hasn't gotten it in yet? Seems weird for the next Serious Candidate Who Will Totally Win When Trump Explodes.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Michael Corleone posted:

IDK how I got on so many mailing lists. I get emails from Carly, JEB!, Donald, Cruz, Paul Ryan, Reince, and more. Now I know WHY I get the Trump, JEB! and Cruz ones, don't know about the others. Also, signed up for Trump, sick of JEB! asking me for money, all the candidates ask for money, but not Mr. Trump because he is very rich.

I signed up for Kasich and now I get emails from Jeb, Paul Ryan, Fiorina and Cruz. I'm SURE they share mailing lists.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

youre on a bunch of GOP mailing lists because you smell like a mark

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
There's been a strange dearth of polls recently. Where are my pretty numbers to look at!?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

This is actually one of the best avenues of attack against Trump. With that said even this line of attack won't help turn his supporters.

At this point I honestly believe the only thing that can sink Trump is a show weakness.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well, I will never give a candidate money, so they are wasting their bits and bytes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Well, I will never give a candidate money, so they are wasting their bits and bytes.

but wait wouldnt you like a free copy of Ben Carson's "Friend Ben: adapted wisdom from My Life (in turn adapted from Gifted Hands)" [15pgs, 18 pt font, $24.99 retail] with your donation of thirty dollars or more

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I can't wait for a Trump Cruz scuffle. It'll be bloody. Nothing is better than extremists eating their own.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Montasque posted:

This is actually one of the best avenues of attack against Trump. With that said even this line of attack won't help turn his supporters.

At this point I honestly believe the only thing that can sink Trump is a show weakness.

This line of attack has potential, they need to work on the delivery though. Even the name "eminent domain" will put voters to sleep. I could see this line of attack sticking if they keep hitting him with it and trot out some all-American victims for voters to identify with.

Stuff like bankruptcy shenanigans and giving money to Dems is easy enough to spin as "just playing the game of business" (I didn't write the rules, but I plan to fix them! etc.). Forcibly seizing people's property though...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jeb!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mooyashi posted:

Oh god dammit

You shoulda just Trumped along and act like I never posted that first.

As it is, you just gave yourself away as a Jeb!. :smug:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

No you'll just give them your time.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

what are you talking about? you mean Adolf Hitler, the infant who was famously murdered by mysterious, dweeby stranger?

I think it would be a great change for history if Hitler was remembered, not for being a genocidal monster who started WWII, but as the newborn baby from Germany who was tragically stabbed to death by a sword-wielding, hunch-backed man, who appeared one day to step out of an apparent rift in the space time continuum.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump holds press conference, says he definitely got ENDORSEMENTS from black pastors today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swr_6421nCo

Subvisual Haze posted:

This line of attack has potential, they need to work on the delivery though. Even the name "eminent domain" will put voters to sleep. I could see this line of attack sticking if they keep hitting him with it and trot out some all-American victims for voters to identify with.

Stuff like bankruptcy shenanigans and giving money to Dems is easy enough to spin as "just playing the game of business" (I didn't write the rules, but I plan to fix them! etc.). Forcibly seizing people's property though...

Yeah, Trump is the evil rich guy from the first act of UP! Play that angle, it may actually help, maybe.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

seriously tho i hope trump flicks that little wormtongue looking motherfuck into the gutter

:agreed:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Rocks posted:

No doubt you'll be able to catch Chris Christie at an IHOP

As long as they're not on a hill, because once Christie starts rolling, ain't no one catching him.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if trump's 30% sticks with him despite the ads he can have them, as long as they can keep him under 50% of the early states' republican primary voters they can contain him. if the ads don't keep his numbers from climbing as his competitors drop out then that'd be interesting

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Would you vote for Hitler if he were alive and the current GOP nominee?

What a crazy question!

But would you? Vote for Hitler, I mean.

What you're asking me...it's not possible.

Bear with me; let's say it was possible and the man -- Hitler -- who systematically murdered six million Jews were the GOP nominee, okay? Let's say that's where we were right now in the race -- would you vote for this psychopathic mass-murderer? Hitler?

C'mon, let's stick with reality.

They're just questions, Jeb. And in answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 18, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

H5N1 posted:

Hey, what's up, man!

Think about it: yesterday you were tempted to steer your car into a bridge abutment and here you are today, not believing how excited you are about the Jeb campaign! Wow!

Just think about how much more unbelievably exciting things will be for you tomorrow and the next if you keep following the Jeb campaign!

Jeb can fix it!

Jeb!

:unsmith:

:yeah:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Zwabu posted:

They're just questions, Jeb. And in answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response.

Baloogan posted:

Trump is in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden he looks down, and sees a joyful tortoise. He reaches down and flips the tortoise over on its back, the tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without Trump's help.

Trump chortes, derides the tortoise for being 'low energy' and continues on his way.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://vine.co/v/iz2DOtFzzWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Is the Trump/Cain rally tonight?

• Locked thread