Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the same could be said of every single game with an 100% completion reward though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Baal posted:

It's not that hard just tedious.

Extremely tedious and also basically needs a guide.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

I also don't remember if the blitzball management was needed for 100% completion but winning one of those math tournaments definitely was

I don't think it was, besides just unlocking it by talking to Rin in chapter 5.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Andrast posted:

Extremely tedious and also basically needs a guide.

Nah, if you're a 12 year old with plenty of free time you can do it simply enough.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Baal posted:

Nah, if you're a 12 year old with plenty of free time you can do it simply enough.

Eh, it's not even so much having to be told "Go to X and grind Y for hours" or anything, it's that X-2 100% has a big list of super minute things you absolutely must get to after doing this or that but before those otherwise it's gone. A lot of really nothing, super situational, time-sensitive conversations pad out that list.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What 12 year old is going to speak to the moogle while chasing after the first boss and rest in the cabin on every single chapter

http://www.primagames.com/games/final-fantasy-x-hd/walkthrough/how-achieve-100-completion-final-fantasy-x-2-hd-remaster

Like, no person can get 100% on their first play through without a guide.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Eh, it's not even so much having to be told "Go to X and grind Y for hours" or anything, it's that X-2 100% has a big list of super minute things you absolutely must get to after doing this or that but before those otherwise it's gone. A lot of really nothing, super situational, time-sensitive conversations pad out that list.

My college roommate got so mad at trying to 100% FFX-2 that he punched a wall and broke his pinky finger. He made me promise not to tell any of our friends the real reason he broke it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

What 12 year old is going to speak to the moogle while chasing after the first boss and rest in the cabin on every single chapter

Sup?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

My college roommate got so mad at trying to 100% FFX-2 that he punched a wall and broke his pinky finger. He made me promise not to tell any of our friends the real reason he broke it.

I hope you told everybody.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

NG+ Carries over your clear% for which side you chose doesn't it? You could just do exactly as Baal said and do it enough and picking the other guys and doing the obvious "Hey visit all the locations once a chapter" deal.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Hey how's it going?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

NG+ Carries over your clear% for which side you chose doesn't it? You could just do exactly as Baal said and do it enough and picking the other guys and doing the obvious "Hey visit all the locations once a chapter" deal.

Sure you can do it again but there is still lot of very small stuff that, if missed, result in you still not getting the 100%. Sure it's doable but it is loving terrible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, if you do New Yevon or Youth League it carries that percentage into NG+ and you can do the other route and get it. All in all you can actually do a lot to curb how frustrating the 100% could be just so long as you're not dedicated to doing it first play through.

EDIT: That being said I tried to follow a guide one time and realized I was missing percentage where I shouldn't have been and just started doing it my own and eventually ended up with 100% by doing two playthroughs and hitting a lot of the game's stuff. It didn't really feel like the worst thing, but it was incredibly tedious.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 30, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This still applies:

Andrast posted:

Only crazy or stupid people try do 100% completion in that game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Only crazy and stupid people do something that interests them."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Baal posted:

"Only crazy and stupid people do something that interests them."

If doing that interests you, you are either crazy or stupid.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The only ethical and moral fave is my fave.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

WampaLord posted:

...did you pinky swear?

:v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Only crazy or stupid people try do 100% completion in that game*

*on their first run.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yardbomb posted:

I'm a sucker for dumb minigames and enjoyed blitzball more than anyone probably should.

I maxed out my teams long before I finished the game proper the first time I played FFX

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Afro Samurai 2 is such an amazing trainwreck.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just as an FYI, that entire speech from Justice where the camera circles around the throne is all reused dialogue from his boss fight in the first game. It's a pretty fantastic speech delivered on how Afro is an empty shell of a person fighting only for the sake of his own revenge and how many of his loved ones die along the way because of his own selfishness. It's delivered throughout the course of the boss fight in a very segmented way so you can digest every line and it's all pretty good with the music in the background.

So in Afro Samurai 2 this same speech is delivered in its entirety in about a five minute cutscene of nothing happening and I was wide-eyed the entire time it was happening. The fact that four dorks are talking over it and this how I'm first experiencing is making it a pretty surreal part of my life.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How many lines are actually new to the game, cause it seems they got like, two lines out of each character and then just copy and pasted them everywhere.
Also holy poo poo this video is sensory overload. I'm not sure if it's the beats, the characters constantly yelling the same thing, or the four guys laughing their rear end off but man does it just combine into something unique.
I want more of this.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Audible sweating from Pat after making that mandingo joke :v:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I was so ecstatic after seeing (PART 1) at the end of Afro Samurai 2's title.

This. This is what gives me life.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HGH posted:

How many lines are actually new to the game, cause it seems they got like, two lines out of each character and then just copy and pasted them everywhere.
Also holy poo poo this video is sensory overload. I'm not sure if it's the beats, the characters constantly yelling the same thing, or the four guys laughing their rear end off but man does it just combine into something unique.
I want more of this.

I feel like Lowenthal recorded some new lines and whatever remaining brother is left of the Empty 7 because he was not voiced by Phil Lamarr originally. Also the dialogue from incidental characters is new, but those are all probably recorded by staff members.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Wait so if there's a Final Fantasy X LP going on, who's gonna be left to LP Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Them LPing that game would be the biggest disaster imagineable

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's just gonna be 20 hours of
WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLAAAANET

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

HGH posted:

It's just gonna be 20 hours of
WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLAAAANET

That's a lot more than I can manage.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
outside of that one song the xenoblade x soundtrack is great

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'd ask where the FF13 playthrough is but joking about suicide is not always funny

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blockhouse posted:

It's not even a bad song. When the music mostly ducks out and the guy rapping is the most prominent part, it's bad, but once the music kicks back in it sounds fine.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Platinum Ninja Turtles game being rumored.
Just take my whole childhood will ya.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I played Devastation and it was surprisingly good, but it definitely has a lot of kinks to work. Infinitely better than Korra though and if they do better with TMNT I'd be all for it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It better have the dam level in it.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Blockhouse posted:

the problem is that it's a Sawano soundtrack and thus his songs pretty much sound the same as every other Sawano soundtrack

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

Platinum Ninja Turtles game being rumored.
Just take my whole childhood will ya.

More than rumored. The Australian ESRB and Brazilian Ministry of Justice have both rated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

People who complain about how sudden Soma ends are crazy because goddamn that was intense