Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
The Imperial Agent story is pretty awesome so far. Just finished chapter 2, sort of wish I saved it for my last class. Still have consular and with warrior left after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
New page reminder!

:siren: So reminder that we have a guild fund drive going right now! For every 1,000 credits you deposit, you get one entry into the raffle. :siren:

The grand prize is a probe droid companion! It's a companion that you can use for combat while your other companions craft or do other stuff. :D It's also super easy to raise influence because you can use Jawa Junk to buy gifts - a stack of 99 greens gets you to about 17 influence. 400 cartel coins unlocks it for your account.

Or just sell it for 10 million on the GTN!

How do I deposit? First travel to the guild ship -

Then deposit in the guild bank!

We'll probably go for a week or so and see how it looks. Right now I'll tentatively say 12/8 is the deadline for donations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

How do I deposit? First travel to the guild ship -

I only figured out how to do this yesterday. :downs:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also whoever added the watering droid spraying water on the male dancers on the Guild ship is my hero.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dexo posted:

Also whoever added the watering droid spraying water on the male dancers on the Guild ship is my hero.

You're welcome.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

You're welcome.

It does get hot in there (if you know what I mean).

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Thinking about coming back to this game, grinding 30 levels through PvP, then quitting again. Two questions:

1. The last time I played, I got hurt cartel just by being a sub, are they still giving out free xpacs to subs?

2. Are there still no websites to refer to for decent builds?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Thinking about coming back to this game, grinding 30 levels through PvP, then quitting again. Two questions:

1. The last time I played, I got hurt cartel just by being a sub, are they still giving out free xpacs to subs?

2. Are there still no websites to refer to for decent builds?

1. Subscribe and you get all the expansions.

2. If you find sites with build/rotation info, I'd love to know. :)

edit: Although there's not a whole lot of complexity with the builds now. It's just a half-dozen passive talents you get to pick.

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 30, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

1. Subscribe and you get all the expansions.

2. If you find sites with build/rotation info, I'd love to know. :)

edit: Although there's not a whole lot of complexity with the builds now. It's just a half-dozen passive talents you get to pick.

Dulfy, linked in the OP, is still the best site for builds and rotations.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Thanks gang, I must have missed the dulfy link since I'm on mobile right now. I feel like the last time I played I found a really fun burst lightning build on a site starting with Nox or something. It's been a hot minute though.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
There aren't any "builds" exactly since skill trees don't exist anymore, you pick one of three disciplines for your class and get all of the key abilities in a linear progression. There are choices for utility bonuses to various abilities but it's hard to get that wrong, most are useful in obvious situations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Dulfy, linked in the OP, is still the best site for builds and rotations.

I've spent some time looking for that on Dulfy's site, but it's not part of the SWTOR drop-down menu. Where the heck are they?

pre-emptive edit: http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/4-0-class-guides/ -- I don't normally look at the articles on the right-hand side of the page, but there were class guides there, and I was able to get to the overall category from there. Sorry 'bout being dumb. :downs:

(Good thing I took one last-minute look before posting.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 30, 2015

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Thanks gang, I must have missed the dulfy link since I'm on mobile right now. I feel like the last time I played I found a really fun burst lightning build on a site starting with Nox or something. It's been a hot minute though.

Yeah, I remember noxxic. Their rotations were solid enough for leveling but not endgame level. I think they stopped supporting SWTOR sometime between Hutt Cartel and Revan.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Right, back in the day there were a few hybrid builds for PvP that allowed you to merge bits of one spec into another for interesting results (Marauder had Dotsmash which combined Fury and Annihilation effectively). That changed with 3.0 where skill trees were replaced with disciplines, which simplified things quite a bit and eliminated hybrids. Which I'm fine with because the amount of people that EFFECTIVELY used hybrids was way outnumbered by the idiots like the Assassin in Dark Charge casting death field I had in a group. "Hybrid, bro" when I asked him why.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I really liked my hybrid healing/damage PvP spec for inquisitor :(

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Imperial Agent spoiler questions:

End of chapter 1: If you pick the LS option and let Jadus escape, does he ever even show up afterwards?

Chapter 2: If you didn't kill Watcher X after Nar Shaddaa, does he actually show up in person later on or do you still conveniently hallucinate him?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jan posted:

Imperial Agent spoiler questions:

End of chapter 1: If you pick the LS option and let Jadus escape, does he ever even show up afterwards?

Chapter 2: If you didn't kill Watcher X after Nar Shaddaa, does he actually show up in person later on or do you still conveniently hallucinate him?

End of chapter 1: I don't think he does.

Chapter 2: If he does show up in person, he looks just like the hallucinatory version of himself. He might be transmitting into your brain through the implants he jammed in your back in Nar Shaddaa.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Which I'm fine with because the amount of people that EFFECTIVELY used hybrids was way outnumbered by the idiots like the Assassin in Dark Charge casting death field I had in a group. "Hybrid, bro" when I asked him why.

Depends on when this was...pre 2.0 Darkness/Madness hybrid was top 3 most broken build with Smash Jugg and Med Op.

Post 2.0 (i.e. Dark Charge healing nerf) it would have been garbage. He could have been running on outdated info.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:smith: PVP smash Juggs.

So dumb and overpowered.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Hey I remember that! That was me!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Depends on when this was...pre 2.0 Darkness/Madness hybrid was top 3 most broken build with Smash Jugg and Med Op.

Post 2.0 (i.e. Dark Charge healing nerf) it would have been garbage. He could have been running on outdated info.

Yeah it was definitely post 2.0. I was tanking and doing more damage than he was.

Dexo posted:

:smith: PVP smash Juggs.

So dumb and overpowered.

BUT SO MUCH FUN

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dexo posted:

Agreed, and we need more trees and bushes and poo poo to turn both sides of that fore bridge into veritable forests.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Agreed, and we need more trees and bushes and poo poo to turn both sides of that fore bridge into veritable forests.

Well right now we have 2 free hooks, I believe, so can't really make a forest unless we start grinding conquest.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I finally got all the factions to Rank 10 last night, but I had to grind like 20 crates/faction to do it. Anyone know what the number is for each faction to get to 20?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

I finally got all the factions to Rank 10 last night, but I had to grind like 20 crates/faction to do it. Anyone know what the number is for each faction to get to 20?

Rank 20 is 40,000 points, so at Rank 10 you've got 30,000 more to go. 60 more crates each.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
was like 'hmm guess ill try the alderaan heroic star fortress before bed' and man gently caress puzzle fights i just wanted to plow over the nerds and then go to bed

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The heroic star fortress isn't a very tough puzzle, it's just not very well conveyed because who has time to read items in combat.

Whenever they're on the ground channeling energy, the console lights up, use console to knock them down.

If they're flying in the air, eventually they'll turn on a robot, killing that robot drops an item that you can use to drain their power, sometimes it takes two of them.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
This may have already been asked and answered, but what is the best way to move crystals from one character to another?

Or, if there's no best way, what options are available?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The vendor in the scoundrel ward of the alliance base sells pets for 200 tokens.

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Corzen posted:

This may have already been asked and answered, but what is the best way to move crystals from one character to another?

Or, if there's no best way, what options are available?

i assume you mean color crystals, if so then legacy weapons are your best bet for transferring them.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Kurieg posted:

The heroic star fortress isn't a very tough puzzle, it's just not very well conveyed because who has time to read items in combat.

Whenever they're on the ground channeling energy, the console lights up, use console to knock them down.

If they're flying in the air, eventually they'll turn on a robot, killing that robot drops an item that you can use to drain their power, sometimes it takes two of them.

Two tricks to this...

If you're stealth just worry about the Strong droid and drain the Exarch as quickly as possible. Once you click on the console you can vanish and move on without having to kill the elites or other adds. My tank Shadow does these in record time because I can Force Pull/Force Wave off the edge the elites in-between as well.

Get Sana Rae to 10 Influence, her power you pick up on the way will basically one-shot those encounters.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
This game is officially not worth playing.

Slicing parts needed to make gear with Armormech?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

This game is officially not worth playing.

Slicing parts needed to make gear with Armormech?

Maybe but the gear isn't worth making anyway

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Maybe but the gear isn't worth making anyway

The system works

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Rank 20 is 40,000 points, so at Rank 10 you've got 30,000 more to go. 60 more crates each.

:suicide:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm really glad I ended up levelling 12 xp stealth classes for the empire, I would go crazy fighting everything in those Heroics for these boxes after at least two weeks

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So I really want to make a Scoundrel, but I don't know if he'll be able to keep up DPS wise on Heroics. Anyone with experience that can weigh in?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Find a buddy and run heroics, it's not that bad as long as you don't stress it too much. With a partner you can bang out several planet's worth in under an hour.

Alter Ego posted:

So I really want to make a Scoundrel, but I don't know if he'll be able to keep up DPS wise on Heroics. Anyone with experience that can weigh in?

Sniper Engineering and Gunslinger Saboteur sim out to the top DPS in the game. So, yeah, I think they'll keep up.

I main a Marksman Sniper and pretty much everything under a Champion level mob dies in 1-2 sweeps of Suppressive Fire.

Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 1, 2015

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
all the heroics and stuff is too much for me. I'll stick to my pvp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

Find a buddy and run heroics, it's not that bad as long as you don't stress it too much. With a partner you can bang out several planet's worth in under an hour.

Sniper Engineering and Gunslinger Saboteur sim out to the top DPS in the game. So, yeah, I think they'll keep up.

I main a Marksman Sniper and pretty much everything under a Champion level mob dies in 1-2 sweeps of Suppressive Fire.

Psssssssssssst you know Scoundrel is the Operative mirror class, right?

• Locked thread