Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

also no one plays daredevil, get real m8

I play daredevil because I am a broken human being.

– Posted by your buddy, ~*~BiaJ~*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Daredevil owns.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I finally leveled a daredevil, played it for all of 10 minutes and then promptly went back to my Reaper.

[/b] ironic j4g sig [/s]

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Inkfish posted:

I'm coming back to the game after about a year away and was wondering how necros fared in the expansion? I struggled to get one to level 20 at launch and soon ditched it to play other classes but reaper looks cool as hell. Also, have the elite specs done wonders for their respective classes or is it hit and miss?

Reaper is probably the best of the elite specs, and they've been steadily dodging the nerf bat since the expansion release. Necros are in a good place right now.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're all the worst.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
What daredevil lacks in being actually useful it makes up for in being fun

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

What daredevil lacks in being actually useful it makes up for in being fun

Have you tried Shiro Rev? Because it's the same thing but good.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

Can you dash around everywhere with a bunch of iframes and then punch guys in the gut a whole bunch as Rev?

I think not :smuggo:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Brain In A Jar posted:

Can you dash around everywhere with a bunch of iframes and then punch guys in the gut a whole bunch as Rev?

I think not :smuggo:

Replace "punch guy in gut" with "fly around murdering with anime sword technique #962", and yea.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

if anime has taught us anything it's that fists are inherently superior to swords, and swords are for pussies who lack belief in their own strength

do you want to be a trunks? or a goku?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

do you want to be a trunks? or a goku?

I mean, goku blew up a planet and didn't kill freeza. Trunks used a sword and did kill freeza.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN MMO ON MY PC. ITS GUILD WARS 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, THE DAREDEVIL. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME MORDREM BASTARDS WITH MY STAFF OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND SHOULD HAVE ROLLED A REAPER. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE BIGGEST WEED DRAGON IN THE WORLD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GUILD CHAT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GUILD CHAT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE BUILDS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY THEORYCRAFTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I FARM.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Generic Octopus posted:

I mean, goku blew up a planet and didn't kill freeza. Trunks used a sword and did kill freeza.

actually the planet blew up at frieza and didn't kill him, goku didn't punch him to death because he is a good and kind person who was just going to let him die in pieces when the blast wave hit him except it wasn't as good as his fists

also trunks couldn't kill an android with his sword and then he did with his fists later, so there

there might be other anime sword people out there but man who even watched a non dbz anime

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Generic Octopus posted:

I have a shiro/glint herald and shiro amounts to auto attacking and sword 3 every time it's off cooldown and then doing impossible odds to burn off excess energy. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but more than 90% of the time I'm parked in glint stance which is technically magnificent but not exactly super fun or involving. Keep might and fury facets on in battle, do the swiftness and protection and f2 skills every chance they come off cooldown. When you're out of combat keep the swiftness facet on.

Maybe I'm doing it all wrong but so far it isn't even close to the same thing.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Hey good job Guy I Don't Know on being my age.

I just hit 80 for the first time, I don't have HoT yet, what do I do? Complete maps? Buy / farm loot? How do I farm loot? Why am I such a big babby?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Holy poo poo, I thought only EVE got j4gs lmao

Tried Chronomancer in sPvP today, takes a bit of getting used to, but pretty awesome. Gravity Well owns bones.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I have a shiro/glint herald and shiro amounts to auto attacking and sword 3 every time it's off cooldown and then doing impossible odds to burn off excess energy.

Maybe I'm doing it all wrong but so far it isn't even close to the same thing.

Do you just never use Riposting Shadows or Phase Traversal?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Generic Octopus posted:

Get this anime nerd poo poo out of my regular nerd poo poo :bahgawd:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought only EVE got j4gs lmao

Tried Chronomancer in sPvP today, takes a bit of getting used to, but pretty awesome. Gravity Well owns bones.

Wow, same. Didn't know any other games got j4gs. Makes me wonder if wow does?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN MMO ON MY PC. ITS GUILD WARS 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, THE DAREDEVIL. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME MORDREM BASTARDS WITH MY STAFF OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND SHOULD HAVE ROLLED A REAPER. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE BIGGEST WEED DRAGON IN THE WORLD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GUILD CHAT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GUILD CHAT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE BUILDS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY THEORYCRAFTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I FARM.

:allears:

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
whats are the strongest specs in spvp right now if I want to have an easy time progressing through divisions?

[\b] - HDM [/b]

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Raid went well tonight

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

happy birthday arus

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I've beaten this thing 5 times now, once with TTS, SFD and SFD/GOON and all I keep getting are exotic tridents.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Fractal Speargun curse for the new, raiding generation

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

also no one plays daredevil, get real m8
I do, but only because I'm a daredevil irl

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Visidan posted:

I've beaten this thing 5 times now, once with TTS, SFD and SFD/GOON and all I keep getting are exotic tridents.

You're all set for the upcoming underwater dragon expansion (featuring 2 new maps with unprecedented levels of verticality, a brand new utility skill for almost every class, and 40-man raid content for only $49.99)

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Vargs posted:

a brand new utility skill for almost every class

Thieves instead get a 4th dodge.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

Thieves instead get a 4th dodge.

engineers get a dysfunction gyro that, instead of reviving people, flies over to insult them. "you went down again. you shitter"

which gyro you deploy when you press F is random

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

String Beans posted:

Raid went well tonight

I see Arus in it. Photoshopped. 0/10

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vargs posted:

You're all set for the upcoming underwater dragon expansion (featuring 2 new maps with unprecedented levels of verticality, a brand new utility skill for almost every class, and 40-man raid content for only $49.99)

Please.

It will be 59.99.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

String Beans posted:

Raid went well tonight

looks like arus has contracted r-aids

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Will also include the base game in case you didn't have it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kessel posted:

engineers get a dysfunction gyro that, instead of reviving people, flies over to insult them. "you went down again. you shitter"

which gyro you deploy when you press F is random

Would pay £49.99 for this.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Lonk posted:

I see Arus in it. Photoshopped. 0/10

Dreggon posted:

looks like arus has contracted r-aids

Ultra-casual status revoked.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The leaker who's gotten everything right so far strikes again with info about the WvW overhaul:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uznbc/major_wvw_overhaul_colin_j_ft_e/#s

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Kessel posted:

The leaker who's gotten everything right so far strikes again with info about the WvW overhaul:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uznbc/major_wvw_overhaul_colin_j_ft_e/#s

RIP WvW.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
That can't be real...

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Generic Octopus posted:

That can't be real...

If it is, time for a Goon Squad, SFD, UNTZ alliance to grief the gently caress out of whoever we are matched up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siddy
Jul 27, 2010

AmericanGeeksta posted:

If it is, time for a Goon Squad, SFD, UNTZ alliance to grief the gently caress out of whoever we are matched up with.

That's pretty much the only reason why I'm excited about these rumored WvW changes. Maybe we can get DERP as well and really piss people off.

• Locked thread