Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's real dumb unless you routinely run into 5 enemies equally spaced about a meter apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Shoot it at the ground. It's explosive.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

[spergin']

I've recently dropped the SE-14C as my main gun and am now using the EE-3. I use it on all maps except for Endor, where I prefer the DL-44. To me, it feels like the EE-3 maintains the CQ killing power of the SE-14C while having better range. Not sure if the numbers match my experience, but it's what's been working for me.

Here's my load-out (all upgraded): Barrage - Scan Pulse - Jet Pack. Trait: Scout. The deaths by 'nade spam don't bother me as much now that I know each map like the back of my hand. During each phase of the control-point maps I've got a pretty good idea where the other team likes to blob up and I'll flank around to do some serious damage.

On supremacy and walker assault:
I'll usually make my way to a safe distance from a point, use scan pulse, and pop in from an angle that will give me good line of sight to at least two people in the area/room. I initiate the engagement with a Barrage at the feet of the person in the room furthest from my point of entry (ideally), then I'll immediately put my crosshair on the face of the next closest person. After that, center-of-mass shots are what I go for because it gets much less practical to go for headshots when people start jumping and strafing around. I can usually take out at least two people upon entering an area before the rest of them can react. If the other people in the area are bad, I can usually take out at least one more.

After that I usually die, but occasionally I live to capture the point. If my teammates have decided to PTFO, the point is ours. However, there have been many times where a buddy and I have taken a point, only to be overrun soon after because the rest of our team is playing sniper wars or TDM 100m from the point.

[/spergin']

Rob Haldorson fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 1, 2015

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Give the imperials the ability to spot the rebels on Endor. He'll just bring back spotting.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Beastie posted:

Give the imperials the ability to spot the rebels on Endor. He'll just bring back spotting.

If a few people on your team run scan pulse, Endor isn't that bad as an imp.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

EE-3 is better if you're engaging at a range, but closer up the se-14c can 1-shot people, and 2-bursts faster than it.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

ZypherIM posted:

EE-3 is better if you're engaging at a range, but closer up the se-14c can 1-shot people, and 2-bursts faster than it.

Are you using explosive shot to get one-shots? I was never able to one-shot with the SE-14C without using explosive shot, in which case I'd be giving up my precious scan pulse charge card. =/

E: Using the link posted earlier I setup a comparison between the two: http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?EE-3_vs_SE-14C

Seems like the EE-3 has the advantage in almost every category except for heat and damage drop-off point (begins further with SE-14C). Probably why I've been noticing better results. In any case, each person needs to play a few rounds with each gun and choose what best matches their playstyle, but it appears to me (if the stats on that site are accurate) that the SE-14C does not offer anything the EE-3 cannot, except for better overheating management.

Rob Haldorson fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 1, 2015

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Just hit level 25 and I realized that I'm starting to get bored.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Rob Haldorson posted:

Are you using explosive shot to get one-shots? I was never able to one-shot with the SE-14C without using explosive shot, in which case I'd be giving up my precious scan pulse charge card. =/

E: Using the link posted earlier I setup a comparison between the two: http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?EE-3_vs_SE-14C

Seems like the EE-3 has the advantage in almost every category except for heat and damage drop-off point (begins further with SE-14C). Probably why I've been noticing better results. In any case, each person needs to play a few rounds with each gun and choose what best matches their playstyle, but it appears to me (if the stats on that site are accurate) that the SE-14C does not offer anything the EE-3 cannot, except for better overheating management.

That is without explosive shot. The base damage is 20 so if you connect with everything it should kill them. If you can get a head in there it will for sure, but even still it fires the bursts really fast, so you can make sure. Explosive shot is great for clearing indoor areas with it, you just poo poo out damage.

The heat cooldown on it is really nice too, it is something like 6 bursts in a row to actually hit overheat, but a half second pause basically cools it down.

Basically if you want to get close but not "in-their-face" close, use the ee-3. If you want to get in and brawl the se-14c is way better.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

ZypherIM posted:

That is without explosive shot. The base damage is 20 so if you connect with everything it should kill them. If you can get a head in there it will for sure, but even still it fires the bursts really fast, so you can make sure. Explosive shot is great for clearing indoor areas with it, you just poo poo out damage.

The heat cooldown on it is really nice too, it is something like 6 bursts in a row to actually hit overheat, but a half second pause basically cools it down.

Basically if you want to get close but not "in-their-face" close, use the ee-3. If you want to get in and brawl the se-14c is way better.

The overheating has been an issue at times and I agree it's nice to not have to manage a reload mid-fight. However, the base/max damage on the EE-3 is 21, so it actually does more damage up close while having longer range.

Rob Haldorson fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 1, 2015

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

The pistol is a 5-burst, the rifle is a 3-burst.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Godmachine posted:

Just hit level 25 and I realized that I'm starting to get bored.

Playing with goons is what keeps me interested. There's also the Jakku release tomorrow.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

ZypherIM posted:

The pistol is a 5-burst, the rifle is a 3-burst.

Well that would definitely make a difference. Thank you for pointing that out.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I'm hoping the Jakku release gives it some more life, as it is I tend to quit out when I get to Endor on either side, or Sullust as imperials.

But for now I'm doing some more fighter squadron and having 3x the kills of the people in the actual hero ships because they just keep trying to fight each other.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.

Rob Haldorson posted:

If a few people on your team run scan pulse, Endor isn't that bad as an imp.

Scan pulse is the best card. Being able to head shot enemies as they round a corner is pure :3:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Newbie question, but when do you get the middle card available?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Tide posted:

Ion Shot is the first one I think? Look for the ones that say 'charge card', like Focus Fire and Cooling Cell, they're all the ones that go in the middle.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Tide posted:

Level 7. You'll have three options become available, Cooling Cell, Focus Fire and ION Shot. Best first choice is ION Shot so you can pew pew vehicles and turrets.

At level 15 you get the fourth card slot unlocked, which isn't displayed in the loadout, but is a passive always-on trait that you can level up with killstreaks. You'll have a choice of Scout, Bodyguard, or Survivalist. As they cost 7,000 each you'll probably have to pick one. Go with Bodyguard for reduced grenade damage, or Scout so you can sprint and not show up on radar. Survivalist was my newbie pick and I regretted it, had to wait a bunch of matches to earn 7k to replace it. Don't be me.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I always go Palpatine just because I love his lines so much I constantly wait around corners pressing f1 2 and 3 while shock troopers spawn on me and advance.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Parkingtigers posted:

Level 7. You'll have three options become available, Cooling Cell, Focus Fire and ION Shot. Best first choice is ION Shot so you can pew pew vehicles and turrets.

At level 15 you get the fourth card slot unlocked, which isn't displayed in the loadout, but is a passive always-on trait that you can level up with killstreaks. You'll have a choice of Scout, Bodyguard, or Survivalist. As they cost 7,000 each you'll probably have to pick one. Go with Bodyguard for reduced grenade damage, or Scout so you can sprint and not show up on radar. Survivalist was my newbie pick and I regretted it, had to wait a bunch of matches to earn 7k to replace it. Don't be me.
Speaking of this, is focus fire intended to extend the range of shorter ranged blasters, or not?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
man a-wings are some bullshit

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
The worst thing about flying in walker or suprem is that the rebels always camp the imp spawn so they lock on and kill you the second your tie spawns.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Milky Moor posted:

man a-wings are some bullshit

The "A" stands for "Annoying".

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

TerminalSaint posted:

The "A" stands for "Annoying".

Or "rear end in a top hat", Or "Asshitfuckingcheatingfartpoop".

Presumably the Jakku release will entail the first patch, so hopefully stuff like the invinicibilty, infinite star card and most importantly the loving A-SHITFUCKERS will be patched up. We might even get balanced hero ships where the Falcon can't literally barrel through the Slave-1 and they're actually possible to blow up with regular fighters (spoilers: we won't)

Speaking of, have they given a specific time for Jakku's release for Pass holders today?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Endor WA wouldn't be so bad on imps if you could get people to actually shut down uplinks instead of getting in random fights along the walker track.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Rob Haldorson posted:

I am ok at close quarters with the SE-14C. I am hopeless with the EE-3 at anything within mid quarters. I think the SE-14C also fires its next shot faster. It also seems easier to target with in 3rd person.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Moartoast posted:

Or "rear end in a top hat", Or "Asshitfuckingcheatingfartpoop".

Presumably the Jakku release will entail the first patch, so hopefully stuff like the invinicibilty, infinite star card and most importantly the loving A-SHITFUCKERS will be patched up. We might even get balanced hero ships where the Falcon can't literally barrel through the Slave-1 and they're actually possible to blow up with regular fighters (spoilers: we won't)

Speaking of, have they given a specific time for Jakku's release for Pass holders today?

I thought early access for Jakku was for pre-orders only. Did they extend it to season pass holders as well?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Cop gay. So What posted:

Wasn't battlefront supposed to be a huge AAA release? This thread has 14 pages... If SA is a barometer of this games popularity that doesn't bode well.
Too busy playin it!

Rob Haldorson posted:

I thought early access for Jakku was for pre-orders only. Did they extend it to season pass holders as well?
AFAIK it's just preorders.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
They've been talkin' up the Season Pass like it'll get access to all DLCs like a week early, figured that'd extend to Jakku, but then this is EA so who the hell actually knows.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
gifs for OP.

http://i.imgur.com/X2k6gSq.gifv
http://imgur.com/tkqMjFW
http://gfycat.com/ContentRemoteDogfish
http://gfycat.com/eminentmessychihuahua

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OMG the new jetpack cooldown is the Rwandan fuckin genocide

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Alan Smithee posted:

OMG the new jetpack cooldown is the Rwandan fuckin genocide

are there patch notes somewhere?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Right to left:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Wait, is that the big map? Where the Star Destroyer at?? DICE?????

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I thought I read the star destroyer is supposed to be "crashing in the background" i.e. not really in the area you play in

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
It's both. There's a crashed regular Star Destroyer just to the left of the map, it's where the Imperial forces are coming from, the AT-ATs striding out of the wreckage to confront the rebel scum who have landed to assault them. Separately, in the background, there is a slowly crashing Super Star Destroyer.

Don't worry, all the things are in this map as they should be.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Except they should have used other assets as cover on the map, not just 15 blown up AT-ATs facing in random directions.

Also apparently I have to wait a week to play it. Curse you greenmangaming.

Edit: New change, all your origin friends show up at the top of the menus, okay, cool. Tells you who is online. Bad part? When you click form party people who don't have the game still show up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait, so how do I get Jakku on Origin, I pre-ordered but there's nothing there.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No patch notes yet it seems but people report the following:

- Teams now change sides after a round instead of immediate map change
- there now is an additional 30 secs timer before the match starts (in the map not in the lobby) for Blast and Pod (not sure about other modes)
- barrage has had a delay added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Jakku will be live at 8 AM EST. That's what it says in my game tab for Battlefront under Expansions.

Hopper posted:

No patch notes yet it seems but people report the following:

- Teams now change sides after a round instead of immediate map change
- there now is an additional 30 secs timer before the match starts (in the map not in the lobby) for Blast and Pod (not sure about other modes)
- barrage has had a delay added

Barrage already had a delay.

• Locked thread