Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Ikantski posted:

Everything you need to know about Liberal's climate change strategy is concisely summed up at the end of this article.

"Wynne will return from Paris after two days and head back across the Atlantic next weekend to spend more time at the conference."

Yep, that's some inspiring leadership there, Kathleen.

I hate to think what my posting would look like if I had to live in your province. :suicide: B.C.'s Whatsername is easier to ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cultural Imperial posted:

No really most people elsewhere with the exception of Australia and England are really p cool. Canadians have got to be the most arrogant sacks of poo poo I have ever had to interact with.

"Middle class" Canadians are typically insufferable because they don't know the value of what little money they have, how they have it or the value of any human lives they don't immediately associate or interact with regularly, yet they are just comfortable enough to (in their minds) justify their callous disregard for others

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Putin is like 8" shorter than Justin IRL lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Does riding a horse shirtless make you a hero or is it invading Ukraine?

Tighclops posted:

"Middle class" Canadians are typically insufferable because they don't know the value of what little money they have, how they have it or the value of any human lives they don't immediately associate or interact with regularly, yet they are just comfortable enough to (in their minds) justify their callous disregard for others

Hey good job quoting a terrible post from a sheltered sociopath and agreeing with it.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

If the people posting poo poo like that want to blow a Russian alpha male so much I'm sure some male prostitute without saggy man-tits can make their dreams come true.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 1, 2015

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

No really most people elsewhere with the exception of Australia and England are really p cool. Canadians have got to be the most arrogant sacks of poo poo I have ever had to interact with.

perhaps

just grasping at straws here, a wild guess if I may be so bold

it is you who is the arrogant piece of poo poo.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

Wrap it the gently caress up Conservailures

Anyone but Conservative, baby. The world is a better place with Liberal ideas like this.

quote:

For his part, [Liberal leader] Ball stuck to a low-key, front-runner strategy that included a politically popular pledge to kill a Tory plan to increase government revenue by raising the harmonized sales tax from 13 to 15 per cent on Jan. 1.

Hexigrammus posted:

Yep, that's some inspiring leadership there, Kathleen.

Truly setting the example for the world to follow. How do I FOI how much we spend on carbon offsets and who we buy them from?

angerbeet posted:

That's one heck of a title you've got there

Brevity is the soul of wit, etc.

Postess with the Mostest fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 1, 2015

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

perhaps

eXXon posted:

Hey good job quoting a terrible post from a sheltered sociopath and agreeing with it.

Nope, it's the middle class Canadians again

CI's posts aren't always 100% bang on but his contempt for the average Canadian is eminently justifiable

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The current paradox of conservative opinions is hilarious.

"Hah, look at Justin, that little pansy human being, he's such a wuss! Also, we better not let any refugees in, because what if one of them was a terrorist???"

I don't know how they can accuse Trudeau of being a coward, or unmanly, when he's willing to do things that they're apparently deeply terrified of.

I heard from a friend of mine that a guy I used to be friends with has gone into full-on, paranoid "the province is dying, everyone should leave!" sort of talk. It wasn't unexpected, but it's still disappointing. How can people who were so proud to be Calgarian, as he was all the time I know him, suddenly declare it's time to cut and run? That's how loving raisin-tiny the average witless conservative's nuts are. Their post-election behaviour has done more to alienate me from ever identifying with conservatism again than anyone else has done anything to really attract me...

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
On the topic of the CRA, I had to fill out a form requesting that they give my employer permission to not withhold taxes since I wont owe any due to my accrued credits and such. On this form it requested my employer which I gave as my new one. Three months later I received the permission letter on which they had my old employer which my new employer could not accept for some bizarre reason since it wouldn't change any of the calculations.

And that's why I'm just going to get a huge tax refund this year.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Tighclops posted:

Nope, it's the middle class Canadians again

CI's posts aren't always 100% bang on but his contempt for the average Canadian is eminently justifiable

No it's not

It's sad and pathetic, actually

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PT6A posted:

The current paradox of conservative opinions is hilarious.

"Hah, look at Justin, that little pansy human being, he's such a wuss! Also, we better not let any refugees in, because what if one of them was a terrorist???"

I don't know how they can accuse Trudeau of being a coward, or unmanly, when he's willing to do things that they're apparently deeply terrified of.

I heard from a friend of mine that a guy I used to be friends with has gone into full-on, paranoid "the province is dying, everyone should leave!" sort of talk. It wasn't unexpected, but it's still disappointing. How can people who were so proud to be Calgarian, as he was all the time I know him, suddenly declare it's time to cut and run? That's how loving raisin-tiny the average witless conservative's nuts are. Their post-election behaviour has done more to alienate me from ever identifying with conservatism again than anyone else has done anything to really attract me...

My favourite was how they claimed to hate Putin 2 months ago and now he's their hero because he's a manly man or whatever (they always secretly idolized him)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

No it's not

It's sad and pathetic, actually

You're taking this awfully personally, it sounds like you're identifying just a bit too much with your fellow missasauganites my friend

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

If you say 'Roma' three times in front of a mirror, an otherwise progressive european will reveal himself to be a hilariously racist piece of poo poo

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Tbf same with Ezra Levant. And our previous gov did put up billboards in Hungary essentially telling Roma refugees they aren't welcome here.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

THC posted:

My favourite was how they claimed to hate Putin 2 months ago and now he's their hero because he's a manly man or whatever (they always secretly idolized him)

It's p. hilarious that they love him for supposedly bombing ISIS when Russia is bombing pretty much every rebel group *but* ISIS.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

They love him for bombing muzzies and standing up to the gay agenda.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

MA-Horus posted:

perhaps

Smh

It's this kind of wheat king tone deaf poo poo head I'm talking about. You jack off to that picture of jtf2 leading prisoners of of the back of a US cargo plane every night don't you

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Brandon Proust posted:

If you say 'Roma' three times in front of a mirror, an otherwise progressive european will reveal himself to be a hilariously racist piece of poo poo

I think this is the closest parallel to the anti-First Nations racism, and I think it comes from a similar place.

Step 1: poo poo on an ethnic group for centuries.
Step 2: Owing to the fact that you've poo poo on a group of people for centuries, it turns out they have a high rate of poverty and marginalization.
Step 3: Poverty and marginalization lead to crime and substance abuse (as with every ethnic group).
Step 4: Use crime and substance abuse statistics to continue making GBS threads on that group. Return to step 2.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Smh

It's this kind of wheat king tone deaf poo poo head I'm talking about. You jack off to that picture of jtf2 leading prisoners of of the back of a US cargo plane every night don't you

You jack off to the idea of Jenny Kwan dominating you sexually every night, don't you?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I wonder how many wonderful clauses like this appear in other Canadian banks' credit card agreements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIkUdz0o5Q

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

PT6A posted:

You jack off to the idea of Jenny Kwan dominating you sexually every night, don't you?

I'm kinda jacking off at the prospect of you being financially ruined tbh

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I'm kinda jacking off at the prospect of you being financially ruined tbh

Oh okay. It's going to be a while, just so you know.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

PT6A posted:

I think this is the closest parallel to the anti-First Nations racism, and I think it comes from a similar place.

Step 1: poo poo on an ethnic group for centuries.
Step 2: Owing to the fact that you've poo poo on a group of people for centuries, it turns out they have a high rate of poverty and marginalization.
Step 3: Poverty and marginalization lead to crime and substance abuse (as with every ethnic group).
Step 4: Use crime and substance abuse statistics to continue making GBS threads on that group. Return to step 2.

I think the perpetuation of anti-First Nations racism is intimately tied to the reservation system. They're largely small, isolated communities and prone to all the small town corruption and nepotism that comes with it, except they're also regulatory black holes that neither the provinces nor the Federal government want to take any responsibility for, so they end up being miniature dictatorships who's leaders generally don't give a gently caress about their people. They're effectively third-world countries embedded in a first world one, and have all the horrendous problems associated with that. Places where First Nations people from the reserve and non-First nations people mix (generally at schools) serve as a breeding ground for bigotry. I've had totally reasonable and well educated people who went to school near reserves tell me about how their (native) classmate was smart and a good student got pregnant at 17 and never went to university because (paraphrasing) "that's just how it is there".

I really think it will take a revolution from within the native community to fix the root problem with the reserves, I don't think the government should (or even can) force reform on them and even with a lot more funding (which the reservations need anyway) only so much could even reach the majority of people instead of getting funnelled away.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

PT6A posted:

Oh okay. It's going to be a while, just so you know.

lol this loving guy

Hey guys
- I went to McGill!
- I smoke cigars!
- I gently caress lots of sluts!
- I drive a mustang!
- I go to Spain for vacation!
- I'm rich! Don't believe me? T4s at dawn! Draw!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
This guy is a loving mascot for Canada. A huge living breathing loving inferiority complex

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Maybe all the Canagoons who hate each other could meet in a neutral spot in Manitoba for a battle royale. Just to settle who gets to be king poo poo of the shitposters once and for all.

Be sure to post pictures.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Constant Hamprince posted:

Places where First Nations people from the reserve and non-First nations people mix (generally at schools) serve as a breeding ground for bigotry. I've had totally reasonable and well educated people who went to school near reserves tell me about how their (native) classmate was smart and a good student got pregnant at 17 and never went to university because (paraphrasing) "that's just how it is there".

I went to middle school in a school exactly like you describe, and I think it's done quite a bit to moderate my view towards First Nations people, which would otherwise probably be quite racist. All the FN kids I hung out with were really cool people, and they actually did a hell of a lot for me. I have no idea where any of them are now, but I hope they've all done well for themselves, as they deserve.

I think the bigger problem is people who've grown up in cities, whose average interaction with a person who they actually identify as a First Nations person is that person begging them for change.

Also, people can change. A 50-year-old friend of mine went for a fishing trip out to Vancouver Island (I can't remember where exactly), and had a First Nations guide who, I guess, did a really good job and they still keep in touch. He was talking about something related and he said something like "oh, my native buddy... ...holy poo poo, I never thought I'd say that..." It turns out, once you treat people like people instead of some kind of alien being, they're usually pretty cool.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

lol this loving guy

Hey guys
- I went to McGill!
- I smoke cigars!
- I gently caress lots of sluts!
- I drive a mustang!
- I go to Spain for vacation!
- I'm rich! Don't believe me? T4s at dawn! Draw!

T4s? Bitch please; T1s and T2s (for companies you direct) or nothing.

And loving lots of sluts? I wish!

(I'll also point out that tax returns don't show total assets, so uh...)

PT6A fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 1, 2015

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

This guy is a loving mascot for Canada. A huge living breathing loving inferiority complex

at this point i'm just wondering if there's anyone that you don't hate

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Bring on the Kwan

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Brandon Proust posted:

at this point i'm just wondering if there's anyone that you don't hate

At this point if Isis started an indiegogo to fund a campaign of terror against vancouverites if have to day is strongly consider donating

Yeah I said it melian. Go report me to your oval office face buddies in the rcmp

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Oh dear me, have you been drinking? You seem more incoherent than general, CI...

Honestly:

quote:

if have to day is strongly consider donating

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dude don't engage CI, he's ethnic han

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
go to bed CI you are drunk

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dude don't engage CI, he's ethnic han

Ethnic drunk, I think.

Ran into a really good Taiwanese liqueur this summer. Fortunately i don't know its name and apparently it was really expensive so I won't be getting to know it better. My drunk posting will continue to be restricted to Guinness level. :guinness:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
:ughh:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
People recently like Putin because he took a dump on refugees and told them that Russia doesn't need them etc.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

cowofwar posted:

People recently like Putin because he took a dump on refugees and told them that Russia doesn't need them etc.

Putin has had fans among the American and Canadian right wing for a while now. He's seen as regularly snubbing Obama, is known to be pretty right wing, and the PR campaign to make him look strong and manly domestically plays well with idiots overseas as well (as a foil to a "pussy liberal" like Obama, as they would probably put it).

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

Putin has had fans among the American and Canadian right wing for a while now. He's seen as regularly snubbing Obama, is known to be pretty right wing, and the PR campaign to make him look strong and manly domestically plays well with idiots overseas as well (as a foil to a "pussy liberal" like Obama, as they would probably put it).

It's amazing how easily conservatives in the West fall for propaganda, whether produced by their own media or even the media of countries seen as their enemies. Putin's macho man image is a constructed facade to mask his own personal weaknesses because in Russia he's seen as effeminate due to his short stature and high-pitched voice. Hell, most Russians don't even fall for the image of Putin as basically a wrestler, but North American conservatives eat it up. Same with ISIS, their propaganda about how the West and Islam are incompatible and refugees could be terrorists in disguise and they're going to strike in Western capitals until the West invades them wouldn't be out of place on Fox News or the Sun.

I should mention here that the left wing would probably be equally susceptible to propaganda, it just usually comes in the form of facebook clickbait about someone shutting down their racist uncle or whatever.