Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

canyoneer posted:

Knowing Costco private label practices, I wouldn't be surprised if they're made in the same factory

You'd be surprised at how many companies do just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

Knowing Costco private label practices, I wouldn't be surprised if they're made in the same factory

Costco claims they had two kosher suppliers and one went out of business, so to ensure a steady supply they went in-house with the Kirkland brand. The new hotdogs are still all-beef and were actually larger than the prior ones. When they moved from Coke to Pepsi they also increased the cup sizes and added free refills. So even when they downgrade, they still give you more than you had before.

I always get the polish sausage though.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Sure but that meat

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Mmm you can buy enough salami to put a little hat on it and pretend it's the son you can't have and you cal it sal and you always say cool things to it like cowabunga so it remains impressed by your ability to keep hip and with it

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Trying too hard, man

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Kirkland Luxury Belgian Chocolates are here for the holiday season and are loving amazing. I'm not a fan of assorted chocolates either.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I love that I can buy so many hot dogs at once I like hot dogs someone's microwaved but I'll take em how I can get em: in gigantic Costco packs stewing in their own juices

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
If you're in Northern Virginia, be sure to pick up some Hardywood Gingerbread Stout, poo poo is FANTASTIC.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love Costco, but those sons of bitches have replaced my beloved salt and pepper pistachios with Kirkland, unflavored pistachios. I need that peppery deliciousness!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Question: does Costco carry their own brand of cannoli shells and/or filling?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

TotalLossBrain posted:

For reference, here's a package of the salmon patties mentioned a lot in this thread:

You are talking about the frozen salmon, also Kirkland brand (but not the patties!):

I get the salmon filets all the drat time but never bothered with the salmon patties. Gonna have to give those a try next time I head to CostCo.

Also, AMEX is sending me an email every drat day with a new offer to retain my services. I'm going to cancel the card and switch over to visa because the only reason I have the AMEX is to shop at costco.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
You motherfuckers are really tempting me to get a Costco membership. I never could justify it my mind because I never bought in bulk before but drat...maybe I just might by myself a membership for christmas.

stachatoryR
Aug 9, 2004
So the wife and I have learned through the years "Check Costco first!"

So many times we have bought something, food, electronics, even a car, only to find it at Costco the next week cheaper & better quality. The most recent regret was when I had to replace my cast iron pan. I bought a Lodge 12" through Amazon for like $28, only to find a 12"/10" 2 pack of Lodge skillets for $20 a few days later at Costco.

Some of my favorites not mentioned so far:

Gallon of milk $1.99 - Cheapest I can find.
Kerrygold Butter (protip: at our location this is found near the steaks/specialty cheeses, not with the rest of the butter & milk)
Huge Croissants
Kirkland chewable vitamins (great for the whole family and fuckin cheap)
Kirkland shampoo (sulfate free) & bodywash
Grapeseed Oil
Epsom Salt (great for soaking in after workouts)
Kirkland Dog Food
Kirkland Foodservice Aluminum Foil - not as thick as regular stuff, but its cheap as hell and works fine if you don't manhandle the poo poo out of it. I use foil almost every day, and have been working on the same $10 roll for almost a year now.
Kirkland Seasonings are great, and they have good prices on branded seasonings as well.
Chicken Salad loving delicious
They carry a Pimento Cheese that is also tits, but goddamn that poo poo is not healthy
Dress Socks, Underwear and Under shirts

They also sell Bath Sheets which are super oversized bath towels for much cheaper than anywhere else. And if you are still using a regular bath towel to dry off then you are missing out.

Also at our Costco they have PRIME briskets for $3/lb :getin:

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I really like the Costco cat litter. I think its called QualiCat or something, it's got this green kitty on the front. It's something like 22kg for $9. Its very lightly scented, which is great for me since my little rear end in a top hat of a kitty is very sensitive, and won't use the heavily-scented stuff.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My Costco is doing the Seafood Roadshow this weekend, including POKE. For those of you who haven't had it, poke is a Hawaiian delicacy with raw ahi tuna (sashimi-grade tuna) sliced into small cubes and tossed with soy sauce, onions, herbs, spices, sometimes crushed nuts, sometimes spicy mayo and salty fish roe, sometimes wasabi. It is served chilled (and very fresh), and it is amazing.

Apparently the Costcos in Hawaii and California are well-known for high-quality poke, where it is a much more common dish, but it's rare in Florida as it is. But my Central Florida Costco is one of the only other ones that does it once in a while, and it's the best poke I've ever had (which admittedly has only been in Florida, and once sampling some poke a friend brought back from Hawaii on ice).

It's $16.95 per pound, but I'm getting at least one pound tomorrow!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Basically swimming in hot dogs over here thanks Costco

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Dammit, they didn't get the poke shipment this weekend.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

You motherfuckers are really tempting me to get a Costco membership. I never could justify it my mind because I never bought in bulk before but drat...maybe I just might by myself a membership for christmas.

Dry goods alone would cover it. Doooooo it.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Wife had a baby, gettin hella cheap formula, diapers and wipes.
Also their already cheap kaizen protein powder goes for $10 bucks off all the time.

stachatoryR
Aug 9, 2004
So I'm rockin' the bachelor life until Thursday because the family went to visit the in-laws for the holiday. Decided I would treat myself to a Costco trip.

Picked up some prime top sirloin for 8.99/lb and had a most excellent dinner:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
not enough crust bruh. crust the poo poo outta it next time

stachatoryR
Aug 9, 2004

Ammanas posted:

not enough crust bruh. crust the poo poo outta it next time

Yeah I got scared. It was my first time doing the sous vide / cast iron stuff. I hate overcooked steak.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

stachatoryR posted:

Yeah I got scared. It was my first time doing the sous vide / cast iron stuff. I hate overcooked steak.

I think dedicated warm puddle chefs ditch the lodge for welding gear.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Finally picked up some of those salmon patties that everyone's jizzin about in the thread. Any recommended recipes/way of preparing for you guys, or just pan fry em and top it with whatever condiments I have nearby and just have fun with it?

Also, thanks to whoever gave the heads up re: Hardywood Gingerbread Stout. $7 for a bomber :hellyeah:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A good lookin' burg

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
If you find the Kirkland brand mini-peanut butter cups in your store... BUY THEM. You're welcome.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

SgtScruffy posted:

Finally picked up some of those salmon patties that everyone's jizzin about in the thread. Any recommended recipes/way of preparing for you guys, or just pan fry em and top it with whatever condiments I have nearby and just have fun with it?

Also, thanks to whoever gave the heads up re: Hardywood Gingerbread Stout. $7 for a bomber :hellyeah:

I like eating them as burgers, with fresh made tartar sauce, tomato and lettuce on a nice roll :yum:

Costco has these butternut squash ravioli that are incredible tossed with butter

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013
I buy the 3 pounds of Kirkland coffee in a giant tub for like 8 bucks every couple months... it's not the best so you'll want to have a pound of a better brand at home for guests / treat yo self moments. But it's good enough to make for the commute. I usually don't finish my first thermos, and my gf is like 50/50 on whether she takes a cup in the morning so during a week there's end up being a LOT of brewed but untouched coffee at my house, which would be super annoying if it was Gevalia/Starbucks/whatever "nice" brand is on sale but knowing an entire pot of kirkland costs like 40 cents makes it not as bad.

Also, the vacuum pack seal on the giant can is really satisfying to peel off. ~pssssssSKUH~!!!

Duke of Flies
Jul 2, 2007

I croaked "Get Out"
Then I stood, and croaked "GET OUT"

Or... get in..
Soiled Meat
FRUIT SMOOTHIES :holy:

MojoAZ
Jan 1, 2010
My costco's been carrying a huge bottle of avocado oil for cheap. Great healthy oil, not too flavorful and ok for high-temperature cooking, so it basically solves the issues I had with olive oil (which I still use for other purposes). My wife uses it to make some homemade toiletries also

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

SgtScruffy posted:

I put mine in a covered skillet with a bit of water and lemon juice to defrost, then drain the liquid and pan fry in butter or mayo. Then I usually put it with some tartar and spicy mustard on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato and onions.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I grill mine on an electric grill and use a spatula to get all the oil out of it (salmon is oily as gently caress), and then just make a burger like usual. Haven't tried anything fancy.

Well, one time I chopped one up and popped it in a tortilla with some cheese and made a taco but it was salty as hell, so I opted to stick with the burger idea.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
My Costco has these in stock, and holy jeebus they're delicious -- super-sweet, and neither too dry nor too moist. They've been helping me to break my afternoon habit of eating leftover Halloween candy ... but on the other hand, if you hear on the news about some guy being hospitalized with a fig overdose, that's me.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I have received a two hundred dollar gift certificate to Costco, and I'm going to make sampler platter of the past few pages.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
You want a sack of these little bastards

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Super Waffle posted:

You want a sack of these little bastards

The prawn dumplings are surprisingly good.

Every year around Chinese New Year, my local Costco has Chinese girls in qipaos handing out free samples.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

JGdmn posted:

I have received a two hundred dollar gift certificate to Costco, and I'm going to make sampler platter of the past few pages.

Or you could use it for one of those giant teddy bears, $200 is just enough for one of them I think.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lipumira posted:

If you find the Kirkland brand mini-peanut butter cups in your store... BUY THEM. You're welcome.

They still make those?! They are awesome. Please tell me how I can find them.

graventy has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Dec 1, 2015

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

Bargearse posted:

The prawn dumplings are surprisingly good.

Every year around Chinese New Year, my local Costco has Chinese girls in qipaos handing out free samples.

Holy poo poo yes, that's been my late night munchies for the past week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

graventy posted:

They still make those?! They are awesome. Please tell me how I can find them.

I bought a bag of Halloween candy from costco and it was a bunch of garbage (to me) other than the Kirkland Peanut Butter Cups, which I really should have separated out instead of giving them away with the rest.

• Locked thread