Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Movie 13: age of ginyu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

crisis of infinite ginyus

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Time to go back to Fusion Planet (not to be confused with Teleportation Planet or Locust Planet)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Condiv posted:

crisis of infinite ginyus

I'm adding this to the DBP adventures.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I bet you Ginyu doesn't even hop into him, but misses and goes into a random mook who gets his head blown off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kuririn is a pussy rear end piece of poo poo and they should have pwned the frieza soldiers in 2 minutes tops. gently caress off Toei

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Man whatever, we have no loving clue how strong those soldiers are, or Roshi for that matter. If the show wants to say they're strong enough to put up a modicum of fight then go for it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

They didn't even do that. Not a single 'Z Fighter' powered up during that fight except Roshi, I believe. They were as casual as you could get, which is why the kids didn't even notice anything was going on.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Stairmaster posted:

why did they make roshis kamehameha an energy ball? how retarded do you have to be to live in japan and not know what a kamehameha looks like

Go back to...about Raditz. Watch Goku's blast. It used to be a pulse that could be dragged around. It didn't become a straight beam till later.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also during base Goku vs Frieza we learned they can be reconfigured into spheres at will anyway so you know whatever.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kamehamehas are always spheres with a trail of energy behind them. When they have those big rear end beam battles, they're constantly pumping more energy into the main sphere.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
When Goku did the underwater Kamehameha spheres to gently caress with Frieza when they first fought on Namek, they were just spheres that sat there. That said, from the first Kamehameha you see in Dragonball, they've always had the tail.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tagoma is cool and I'm glad to hear he's a cool guy in Super instead of being killed outright in RoF

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Tagoma is just Frieza but less entertaining now though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that's a different problem.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ways to improve Super

1. Bring back the scouter shades.
2. Give them to Satan
3. Offer a pair to the other characters for fun scenes as well

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why was Tagoma featured in RoF's promo material so much only to die five minutes into the movie

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

Why was Tagoma featured in RoF's promo material so much only to die five minutes into the movie

he had a bigger role in the original draft

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

he had a bigger role in the original draft

Any word on if Super is closer to this original draft of RoF?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It probably is because they don't have to condense an arc to an hour and a half now

Jesus Christ, RoF really was just an ad for super, huh

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

It probably is because they don't have to condense an arc to an hour and a half now

toei sent us to hell but we're going to go even deeper.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Baal posted:

I think they were just over ambitious with their ideas.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, Resurrection F is an idea that really needed a full arc and not just a movie. Giving it breathing room is working out really well.

And I'm saying this as someone who really liked Resurrection F, no less.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also it needs to have an actual impact on the story.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Is Tagoma voiced by the same guy that does Zoro?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rudoku posted:

Is Tagoma voiced by the same guy that does Zoro?

Chris sabat?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stairmaster posted:

Chris sabat?

Japanese. Sabat voices everyone in the dub but Goku.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I watched episode 21. It was pretty cool. I liked seeing the animation difference when they flashed back to Z for Krillin's death, and liked him pulling out the Spread Energy Beam for crowd control. Gohan even temporarily got to look like a cool guy until he suddenly didn't anymore.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tagoma is voiced by Kazuya Nakai in Japanese, yes

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rudoku posted:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Kuririn is a pussy rear end piece of poo poo and they should have pwned the frieza soldiers in 2 minutes tops. gently caress off Toei

They certainly could have done that, but then they are left with Freeza and :rip:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Okay seriously, after watching the episode, I understand the complaints, and gently caress the change with Krillin. He wouldn't have forgotten literally decades of martial arts training and all the bravado that brought him to the fight in the first place. He should have been able to sense the ki of the worthless mooks and known he was leagues beyond them. That's just stupid.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Krillin has spent the last 20 years accomplishing almost nothing, so I can't really say I blame the guy for having like no self-confidence. He underestimated his own strength, that's all.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Krillin just needed to be reminded that even if he's not Goku or Vegeta level, he's still a badass in his own right.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

New Leaf posted:

Okay seriously, after watching the episode, I understand the complaints, and gently caress the change with Krillin. He wouldn't have forgotten literally decades of martial arts training and all the bravado that brought him to the fight in the first place. He should have been able to sense the ki of the worthless mooks and known he was leagues beyond them. That's just stupid.

The Majin Buu arc should have taught you that, actually, Krillin is really bad at judging Ki when the plot calls for it, such has him misjudging Spopovich and Buu.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rudoku posted:

Sabat does an amazing Monica Rial impression then.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

And a good Colleen Clinkenbeard as well (Best name ever btw).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

pik_d posted:

The Majin Buu arc should have taught you that, actually, Krillin is really bad at judging Ki when the plot calls for it, such has him misjudging Spopovich and Buu.

Everyone is really bad at judging ki. Flipping out over a DBZ staple is hilarious.

It's like being mad they introduced a new super Saiyan.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CharlestheHammer posted:

Everyone is really bad at judging ki. Flipping out over a DBZ staple is hilarious.

More super Saiyans for the Super Saiyan Go.... Oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

CharlestheHammer posted:

If the Android saga originally aired now people in this thread would 100% be doing this.

• Locked thread