Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Couple of questions.

Is there an EU guild or the like on Red Eclipse?

Also I've resubscribed after like 2 years, and have about 6500 Cartel Coins. Any recommendations for things to buy or is it all just cosmetic tat?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Psssssssssssst you know Scoundrel is the Operative mirror class, right?

I knew. You have any idea how well they stack up, Medullah?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So I just ran past a level 42 Sith Inquisitor on Voss, when I turned around to investigate the gray class icon he invited me to a group and asked for help doing the planet quest because it was too hard. He didn't respond when I asked him about selecting a specialization, or where his mount was.

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
how many top 3 pvp titles do i need to give up on this game?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Dark Juno posted:

This game is officially not worth playing.

Slicing parts needed to make gear with Armormech?

Wait, you have to gather materials in order to craft items?

loving unsubscribed.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Kurieg posted:

So I just ran past a level 42 Sith Inquisitor on Voss, when I turned around to investigate the gray class icon he invited me to a group and asked for help doing the planet quest because it was too hard. He didn't respond when I asked him about selecting a specialization, or where his mount was.

My Goon guild toon is a level 65 Imperial Agent. I get a lot of abuse from random strangers which is, of course, a big part of why I did it.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Wait, you have to gather materials in order to craft items?

loving unsubscribed.

What are you a SWTOR forum poster?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

So I really want to make a Scoundrel, but I don't know if he'll be able to keep up DPS wise on Heroics. Anyone with experience that can weigh in?

I have two scoundrels and an operative, all heal spec. I levelled them all from 60 to 65 with Heroics and they are the fastest of any class at getting through them, thanks to stealthing and stunning. Put your comp on dps for speed and if you get into a tough scrap switch it to tank.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Is there a way to enable low level questing? I'm like level 25 on dromund kaas and I actually want to do the lowbie quests but they won't show up. I've tried looking through whatever menus I could think of but I'm not seeing anything.

e: or am I dumb and in the past two years have they removed a bunch of quests?

KicksYouInHalf fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 1, 2015

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Click the "Enable Exploration Quests" checkbox on the top right corner of the map screen.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Kurieg posted:

Click the "Enable Exploration Quests" checkbox on the top right corner of the map screen.

cheers

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dark Juno posted:

What are you a SWTOR forum poster?

To be fair, crying "the game isn't worth playing!!" makes you sound more like a poster on the official forums than the person who quoted you.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

I knew. You have any idea how well they stack up, Medullah?

Stealth past the trash. When you do have to fight something Pistol Whip->Sucker Punch spam until dead while keeping KP on yourself.

Shadow and Scoundrel are the two fastest AC's for Heroics cause stealth.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Verranicus posted:

To be fair, crying "the game isn't worth playing!!" makes you sound more like a poster on the official forums than the person who quoted you.

Fair enough. I won't enumerate the other reasons why this game isn't worth playing, I just mentioned the one that finally did it for me.

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The only thing worth crafting is augments and augment kits, I guess stims too.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Dyes, decorations, conquest poo poo.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, to get around the credit cap and make the escrow message gently caress off I've been buying cartel market stuff and banking it to sell later. Is there anything else with a more constant price that would work better?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Verranicus posted:

So, to get around the credit cap and make the escrow message gently caress off I've been buying cartel market stuff and banking it to sell later. Is there anything else with a more constant price that would work better?

Grade 8 purple slicing mats are pretty stable at 27-33k each. They sometimes dip at 25k, you could buy a bunch then and bank them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Well it looks like our progression raiding should stop this week since KP is the high priority target, so we should do some farming. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also it's a great week to hit your personal conquest goals, but we will definitely not place in top 10 since crafting is repeatable. I'll probably pick Voss at lunch.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Takane posted:

The only thing worth crafting is augments and augment kits, I guess stims too.

Augment kits sell for 45k each on Red Eclipse, but the mats cost around 150k to buy. Augment kits are not worth making.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dunno-Lars posted:

Augment kits sell for 45k each on Red Eclipse, but the mats cost around 150k to buy. Augment kits are not worth making.

I think most people in this thread speak from the situation on Jedi Covenant, rather than all servers, but I dunno.

EDIT: Does anyone even play Starfighter anymore? I'm trying to figure out a way to cap my conquest as a non-capped Preferred player without spamming flashpoints til I hate myself.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 1, 2015

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

I've been playing Republic side on JC since the xpac and I've learned a few things:

1) It's true, pubbie pubbies are loving awful at pvp. Last night, no matter how I juggled my queues, I had 2 people in almost every WZ that were completely naked and just getting farmed over and over for the companion quest.

2) After running some guild pvp [and getting slaughtered because republic] and trying my damnedest to get them to all attack the same person I found what is basically the closest thing to a /assist in the game [though I'm sure it's a well known fact to people who aren't as dumb as me] but if you set one person as a focus target, I prefer Guardian or something equally sturdy, [default is alt+f] you can then rebind the "acquire focus target's target" and profit. Again, I'm sure it's well known but it's also super helpful. We still lost over and over again.

3) Does anyone know when the Kingpin event will be returning because I need legacy mainhands that aren't hideous so I dn't have to buy 220 hilts/barrels for everyone.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rannison posted:

3) Does anyone know when the Kingpin event will be returning because I need legacy mainhands that aren't hideous so I dn't have to buy 220 hilts/barrels for everyone.

The Nar Shaddaa nightlife event will likely return next summer. There are a bunch of main hands out there - Rakghoul and Gree ones look pretty cool.

Though, as I frequently say, you don't need a 220 barrel unless you're doing Hard Mode raiding. :).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also, completing up to act 9 of KOTFE gives you a choice of BOL main hand.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Medullah posted:

The Nar Shaddaa nightlife event will likely return next summer. There are a bunch of main hands out there - Rakghoul and Gree ones look pretty cool.

Though, as I frequently say, you don't need a 220 barrel unless you're doing Hard Mode raiding. :).

Hm, I'll take a look at the Gree ones since the event is coming soon.

And ya, the bolster negates the need for them but with my group of IRL friends we're sitting on 6 out of 8 for HM raids so we're gonna try to get on that once we get everyone in at least 4 set bonus.

Also, if anyone is looking for poo poo to do on Republic side [I don't know how active Goon Squad is over there but it was pretty much dead when I swapped] I'm in Legion of Draconis and we do a lot of poo poo. The people are really nice and helpful which almost makes up for the general ineptitude.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rannison posted:

Hm, I'll take a look at the Gree ones since the event is coming soon.

And ya, the bolster negates the need for them but with my group of IRL friends we're sitting on 6 out of 8 for HM raids so we're gonna try to get on that once we get everyone in at least 4 set bonus.

Also, if anyone is looking for poo poo to do on Republic side [I don't know how active Goon Squad is over there but it was pretty much dead when I swapped] I'm in Legion of Draconis and we do a lot of poo poo. The people are really nice and helpful which almost makes up for the general ineptitude.

If you ever need help on Pub side with a raid just post. All of my Imperial toons have their armor legacy bound so I can just loan out my gear to my pub mirror classes.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Oh, awesome! Our core group is Guardian tank, Sage dps, Slinger, Sent and then one irl friend on either Shadow tank or Commando heals and me on... whatever we need, I guess, but generally scoundrel heals/slinger dps/shadow dps.

I'd rather be playing Imp side with you gents but irl buds haven't had their fill of baddies yet so it may be some time but the BoL gear makes the swap infinitely more bearable. I have decided that outside of attempting my PVP weekly pubside/irl group I'll be doing my pvp Impside cause ughu. I legit thought it was a myth that Republic pubbies were worse but it's a truthfact.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Followup: Having not done hardmode progression in SWTOR before are we setting ourselves up to fail/slamming our dicks into a wall in lacking a Sage healer or is Scoundrel/Commando viable? We've yet to run into any issues in story mode but... it's story mode and we're bolstered.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rannison posted:

Followup: Having not done hardmode progression in SWTOR before are we setting ourselves up to fail/slamming our dicks into a wall in lacking a Sage healer or is Scoundrel/Commando viable? We've yet to run into any issues in story mode but... it's story mode and we're bolstered.

Commando healer is personally my favorite. The burst heals combined with kolto shell is fantastic. Scoundrel is really the only healer hurting right now.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Hm, ok, I may just get a 60 Sage then. I was never too keen on my sorcerer's dps trees but healing was a blast.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rannison posted:

Hm, ok, I may just get a 60 Sage then. I was never too keen on my sorcerer's dps trees but healing was a blast.

Well let me know if you ever need a hand. I'm not really doing much other than trying progression whenever we can, done with dailies and all that fun stuff, and the characters that are going to be geared are geared sans set bonus which I have terrible luck with rolls anyway.

On a similar note - I'm probably going to be stepping back from trying to organize SM raids for a bit if anyone else wants to step up and try and lead the runs. I'll usually be willing to join up with any groups but I'm cutting back on the "hanging on the ship trying to gather interest for a run" mode I've been in.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Definitely will. I could also hop Imp side and do some with you guys since BoL is a lifesaver. I need to level a sniper cause I'm loving my slinger but I've got my operative/powertech and could finish my assassin [[leveling as Hatred almost ruined the class for me due almost entirely to the fact that I never got to see my dots do anything cause Treek killed poo poo too fast but I'm loving Infil on my shadow]]

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Rannison posted:

Sage/Scoundrel is optimal, Mando/Scoundrel would be the weakest pairing outside of mirrors.

HM is more mechanics than DPS/HPS checks. NiM is where you'd feel the pinch especially Rav/ToS.

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

I think most people in this thread speak from the situation on Jedi Covenant, rather than all servers, but I dunno.

EDIT: Does anyone even play Starfighter anymore? I'm trying to figure out a way to cap my conquest as a non-capped Preferred player without spamming flashpoints til I hate myself.

i'm actually on Shadowlands. i actually meant kits and stuff for self use but augs go for 100K+ here so they're decent money.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

What makes sage healers so much stronger than the other two?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Westy543 posted:

What makes sage healers so much stronger than the other two?

I though sage/sorc was #2 after commando/merc?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Who's excited about the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today? Bioware is supposed to be unveiling something to do with the subscriber rewards program. I hope it's kittens. If they give subscribers a fresh new kitten every six months, I'm in for life.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Nipponophile posted:

Who's excited about the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today? Bioware is supposed to be unveiling something to do with the subscriber rewards program. I hope it's kittens. If they give subscribers a fresh new kitten every six months, I'm in for life.
Force Awakens vanity lightsaber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. Guessing either a new companion or something related to Force Awakens.

• Locked thread