Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If he's a mammoth Zoan where does the drought part come from?

I kind of want him to just be an talking mammoth. No zoan, no minkmen. Just a mammoth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gumbercules posted:

This also leads to the promise of an Ancient Zoan Battle once Drake shows up, T-Rex vs. Mammoth. Basically the best possible outcome.

No, the best possible outcome is X-Drake fighting T-Guzman, the man who at the triceratops fruit.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

LostRook posted:

I kind of want him to just be an talking mammoth. No zoan, no minkmen. Just a mammoth.

Sucks all the water up with his trunk.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LostRook posted:

Kaido's whole thing is weird Zoan fuckery. I would be very unsurprised if his senior lieutenants can somehow double-fruit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Real devil fruit + artificial devil fruit = result?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Unfortunately, Jack and Drake are fighting on the same side.

I'm still holding out hope that Drake is a marine working undercover. He never went rogue, he's a sleeping dogt-rex working to undermine Kaido.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Fuckshoes posted:

I'm still holding out hope that Drake is a marine working undercover. He never went rogue, he's a sleeping dogt-rex working to undermine Kaido.

semper fidelis tyrannosaurus

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If X-Drake doesn't say Sic Semper Tyrannis to at least one person by the end of the manga, or have it said to him, Oda will have failed us all.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

dordreff posted:

semper fidelis tyrannosaurus

Does Oda watch Venture Bros.?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Rewatchig some of the anime around Marineford and I noticed how Kirazu was able to recognize Ben Beckman when Shanks comes in to save the day. I know how bad the crew is at paying attention to the newspaper and stuff but you'd think Ussop would have his father, Yassop's bounty with him or something.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Rewatchig some of the anime around Marineford and I noticed how Kirazu was able to recognize Ben Beckman when Shanks comes in to save the day. I know how bad the crew is at paying attention to the newspaper and stuff but you'd think Ussop would have his father, Yassop's bounty with him or something.

I would think that issuing bounties becomes kind of pointless when the target is part of an Emperor's crew. Like, who can touch them at that point that isn't a Marine Admiral or another Emperor? Sure, Ace got taken down by Blackbeard, but Ace was acting alone and had no idea what he was getting himself into when he went on his little manhunt.

Actually, now that I think about it, bounties have been entirely pointless because there hasn't really been a bounty hunter that's been a credible threat, they're all nameless nobodies who get destroyed by whoever they're targeting. Like, Johnny and Yosaku are the only ones in the entire series who even have names, and I don't think they'd even be capable of taking down Usopp at his weakest, nevermind someone like Luffy.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

I would think that issuing bounties becomes kind of pointless when the target is part of an Emperor's crew. Like, who can touch them at that point that isn't a Marine Admiral or another Emperor? Sure, Ace got taken down by Blackbeard, but Ace was acting alone and had no idea what he was getting himself into when he went on his little manhunt.

Actually, now that I think about it, bounties have been entirely pointless because there hasn't really been a bounty hunter that's been a credible threat, they're all nameless nobodies who get destroyed by whoever they're targeting. Like, Johnny and Yosaku are the only ones in the entire series who even have names, and I don't think they'd even be capable of taking down Usopp at his weakest, nevermind someone like Luffy.

Jean Ango is a named bounty hunter who's considerably stronger than Johnny and Yosaku, though still weak compared to the people he targets.

There's also the named Baroque Works agents, though you're right that the ones acting as bounty hunters weren't credible threats either.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

QuantaStarFire posted:

Well, there was Jean Ango (cactus hat guy) at least.

I agree, though. I wish there were more credible high-level bounty hunters. I wonder if they mainly hang out in the New World due to the high risk:reward ratio and we just haven't seen much of it?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It's funny because Kuina claimed that all the famous swordsmen were pirates or bounty hunters, but Zoro is the only sword-using bounty hunter of note we actually meet. (Also odd given how many Vice Admirals use swords.)

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Well, there was Jean Ango (cactus hat guy) at least.

I agree, though. I wish there were more credible high-level bounty hunters. I wonder if they mainly hang out in the New World due to the high risk:reward ratio and we just haven't seen much of it?

I didn't even think of the Colosseum fighters because it's like "who loving cares, we're never going to see them again until 2020" but I guess he counts?

It's entirely possible that there are bounty hunters who go specifically for big scores or high-profile targets for fame and notoriety, and it'd be nice to see them. It also would have been nice to see a couple of bounty hunters whose whole deal is taking down small fries for a more steady income.

Silver2195 posted:

It's funny because Kuina claimed that all the famous swordsmen were pirates or bounty hunters, but Zoro is the only sword-using bounty hunter of note we actually meet. (Also odd given how many Vice Admirals use swords.)

It's especially odd because we've encountered all these swordsmen, but we've only seen, what, 7 named swords? Four of them are/were Zoro's, one is Tashigi's, one is Mihawk's, and the last I think belonged to Mr. 11, whose entire existence was to give Smoker a reason to go to Alabasta, after which he got killed off by his mates.

Also, it was Tashigi who claimed that, but I can understand the confusion. :v:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

I didn't even think of the Colosseum fighters because it's like "who loving cares, we're never going to see them again until 2020" but I guess he counts?

It's entirely possible that there are bounty hunters who go specifically for big scores or high-profile targets for fame and notoriety, and it'd be nice to see them. It also would have been nice to see a couple of bounty hunters whose whole deal is taking down small fries for a more steady income.

It's especially odd because we've encountered all these swordsmen, but we've only seen, what, 7 named swords? Four of them are/were Zoro's, one is Tashigi's, one is Mihawk's, and the last I think belonged to Mr. 11, whose entire existence was to give Smoker a reason to go to Alabasta, after which he got killed off by his mates.

Also, it was Tashigi who claimed that, but I can understand the confusion. :v:

Oops, got Tashigi and Kuina mixed up for a moment there.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Meito#List_of_Meito

There's Cavendish's Durandal, and Shiki's swords if you count him.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Maybe we'll see a lot more in Wano.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

TheWyrmDude posted:

Sucks all the water up with his trunk.

Yeah, I was thinking he'd crash his trunk into the ground and drinks up the water table. It's just silly enough to be possible.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

LostRook posted:

I think the "drought" thing is more figurative than literal. Wherever he goes he leaves the place an uninhabitable wasteland.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

One Piece Film GOLD premieres July 23rd, 2016 and is supposed to delve into Gol D. Roger's backstory.

Get hyped.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but isn't that kind of important

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

but isn't that kind of important

It shouldn't much matter where Roger came from (unless he's a Celestial Dragon or some poo poo), what was important were the things he did as a pirate, and there will probably be a few more big surprises pertaining to that remaining in the manga.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah what he did isnt nearly as important as what he left behind.

Otherwise the title wouldnt be one piece, yeah?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

TheKingofSprings posted:

It shouldn't much matter where Roger came from (unless he's a Celestial Dragon or some poo poo), what was important were the things he did as a pirate, and there will probably be a few more big surprises pertaining to that remaining in the manga.

Also whether he was a DF-user or not and how swole he was relative to Whitebeard, Kaidou, etc

Plus visiting Raftel, the nature of D., the weird giant egg thing on his boat, etc

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 3, 2015

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope whatever notes Oda gave the production team are full of ridiculous poo poo (Roger ate the rubber fruit, One Piece is the Rio Poneglyph, etc.), and then he goes and contradicts them all in the manga

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are we on break this week or are the chapters coming out a little later now?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
One of the best scenes recently hit the anime, in case anyone missed it you should definitely watch zoro fight a mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-tDHF5hNn8&t=1372s

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably a bit later.

Spoiler pics are already out for One Piece, Bleach, Academia, Souma, etc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Are we on break this week or are the chapters coming out a little later now?

Thursday Nights/Friday mornings for now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I stopped watching bleach when itchigo was fired from a cannon to fight after finding out he's a Quincy shinagami hallow
Has it gotten better or worse?

kant
May 12, 2003

RC Cola posted:

I stopped watching bleach when itchigo was fired from a cannon to fight after finding out he's a Quincy shinagami hallow

Nope

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RC Cola posted:

It's still bleach

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Spanish Matlock posted:

One of the best scenes recently hit the anime, in case anyone missed it you should definitely watch zoro fight a mountain.

If Toei was as well-budgeted or as well considerate as Madhouse, maybe I'd actually watch One Piece.

But this looks worse than Tezuka's films!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah the last few episodes I've seen were just terrible. Some of the worst pacing I've seen, it's at half a chapter/episode sometimes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Spanish Matlock posted:

Oh man this scene would be cool as gently caress with good art and animation. :( One Piece deserves so much more. I hope it gets HxH'd in my life time.

Also, I greatly look forward to hearing Chris Sabat try and make "Billion Fold World: Trichiliocosm" sound cool. I feel like he should sheathe his swords and then his one liner should be, "Go google it, assholes." I know I did.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Toei blew it with the Zoro/Pica fight. The ending to Luffy vs Bellamy was cool though. Hard to believe they were made by the same studio.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Thoren posted:

Toei blew it with the Zoro/Pica fight. The ending to Luffy vs Bellamy was cool though. Hard to believe they were made by the same studio.

In all likelihood, they may not have been.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Spanish Matlock posted:

That's some kwality animation.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Oh man, I haven't even got to Zoro hitting Pika yet (and I have had time to click reply and type this post as he flies) but that throw was the weakest, least dynamic toss I've ever seen. I've seen more power from my gran failing to open a jam jar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
http://readms.com/r/one_piece/809/3091/1

The cover art rules. Check out Brooke.