Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I have on good authority that the pre-sales to the game are pulling Zelda-like numbers.

Sounds like they should start making a third game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
could this be the beginning of a brave new world of proper xeno games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Holding out for a Xenogears remake where they actually finish the game properly.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sakurazuka posted:

Holding out for a Xenogears remake where they actually finish the game properly.

geez i gave up hope on this so long ago, but... there's an ff7 remake, star ocean is getting a sequel, and xenoblade comes out this friday.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As a fan of jrpgs, giant robots, and anime buttrock, I am excited for this game.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

chumbler posted:

As a fan of jrpgs, giant robots, and anime buttrock, I am excited for this game.

There are thousands of us! Thousands!!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have on good authority that the pre-sales to the game are pulling Zelda-like numbers.

Sounds like they should start making a third game.

wait, which Zelda?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are there BioWare style romances in this game?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

hubris.height posted:

wait, which Zelda?

Windwaker....

HD

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Taint Reaper posted:

Windwaker....

HD

:vince:

So, did anyone see something online that measured the impact of having the one high impact pack vs all of them? I could clear out data, but I am sure am going to miss not having Hyrule Warriors around.

Of course I could drop more money on a USB hard drive, but...

*Looks at new Xbox One*

... I made some questionable decisions during the weekend.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
These nopon seem like loathsome creatures.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Vitamin P posted:

These nopon seem like loathsome creatures.

Riki was like in the top 3 of Xenoblade characters so you shut your mouth.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I saw a nopon yesterday, horrible creatures

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Junpei Hyde posted:

Riki was like in the top 3 of Xenoblade characters so you shut your mouth.

I literally stopped playing Xenoblade when the cool humans reached the stupid knock-off ewok village full of nopons. I don't remember this Riki but perhaps that is best??

Hopefully those little choices will let you foster a ludonarrative dissonance and say "gently caress all these little xenos" even as they scurry along behind you and become friends in the plot.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

I literally stopped playing Xenoblade when the cool humans reached the stupid knock-off ewok village full of nopons. I don't remember this Riki but perhaps that is best??

Hopefully those little choices will let you foster a ludonarrative dissonance and say "gently caress all these little xenos" even as they scurry along behind you and become friends in the plot.

Good Lord

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just don't like Nopon in X because they apparently all became annoying potatoes. I would be ecstatic if riki came back.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Vitamin P posted:

Please do not troll this thread. Respect the heropon.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Disappointed the thread title isn't We Stuck On a Whole Different Planet.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Reviews coming in seem to agree on the basics. Bad Story but the games insanely pretty.

Also apparently the Nopon are now approaching Chu-Chu levels of annoying.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Golden Goat posted:

Reviews coming in seem to agree on the basics. Bad Story but the games insanely pretty.

Also apparently the Nopon are now approaching Chu-Chu levels of annoying.

So we'll be getting a Nopon crucifix soon?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

You read GameFAQs too?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

Disappointed the thread title isn't We Stuck On a Whole Different Plaaaaaanet.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK2xkgY7NMo

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The hell is this poo poo!? Where's the terrible vocals? The grating butt rock?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Golden Goat posted:

The hell is this poo poo!? Where's the terrible vocals? The grating butt rock?

They are in other, better songs.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Thank god. I was almost worried I might unmute the game while I play.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Welcome to my ignore list ... Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack :getin:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

Please do not troll this thread. Respect the heropon.

Riki is best because you can turn him into a black metal Faberge egg who runs around turning enemies into Bleeding, Frozen, Flaming, Poisoned worlds of pain.

I will be honest, though, story and Gnosticism was what got me into Xenogears and Xenoblade Chronicles. Well, that and the Continent God Bodies from XC (world gods are my aesthetic).

Humans fighting aliens in giant robots in an open world? Eh.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mile'ionaha posted:

Riki is best because you can turn him into a black metal Faberge egg who runs around turning enemies into Bleeding, Frozen, Flaming, Poisoned worlds of pain.

I will be honest, though, story and Gnosticism was what got me into Xenogears and Xenoblade Chronicles. Well, that and the Continent God Bodies from XC (world gods are my aesthetic).

gnosticism is why i've played xenosaga 1-3 three or four times

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

gnosticism masochism is why i've played xenosaga 1-3 three or four times

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I literally got into XBC just to see how a game would handle living on the bodies of two dead God-things.

I should really finish before I have to wipe my wiiu to make room for this game.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mile'ionaha posted:

This man gets it. Riki is the best. Heropon best -pon.

Other great thing about Riki is he acts like your typical cutesy mascot, but then you find out he's actually a middle-aged father of way too many and he took the Heropon gig because the villagers forgave the massive debt he racked up keeping his kids fed.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Heropon very cool, he's just a dad trying to do right by his family.

Xenoblade Chronicles X's biggest misstep is that there are no playable Nopon, imo.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I wish I could rent a Wii U because I don't want to buy a console just for one game :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

TescoBag posted:

I wish I could rent a Wii U because I don't want to buy a console just for one game :(

Well... you could buy the console for this game and the other cool games on the system? Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, not to mention Smash and Mario Kart. Oh and there's a Zelda game coming out for it next year. Two if you count Twilight Princess HD.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you don't wanna watch Gamexplain's 27 minute review, he uploaded this that summarizes everything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Falcon posted:

Well... you could buy the console for this game and the other cool games on the system? Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, not to mention Smash and Mario Kart. Oh and there's a Zelda game coming out for it next year. Two if you count Twilight Princess HD.

The NX is more than likely coming in 2016 nintendo already has dev kits out and ramped up production.

So the Zelda for the wii-u is probably going to be a launch title.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Terper posted:

If you don't wanna watch Gamexplain's 27 minute review, he uploaded this that summarizes everything.

Thank goodness for this, I started his long one and decided I didn't want to know minutiae before I played.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

So the Zelda for the wii-u is probably going to be a launch title.

Either two things will happen: They'll pull a GC/Wii stunt and release an NX-only port with added features, OR the NX will be backward compatible with the WiiU and will play the new Zelda, giving overlap and incentive for people to just get an NX instead. Considering Iwata's past remarks of a unified OS and hints of BC, I'd bet on the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I wonder what stupid gimmick will cripple the NX from being a good console.

• Locked thread