Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That's not a puppy, it's a tiny cloud. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Well I only have the other two photos I tried to take at the same time (and yes, my apartment's carpet is that ugly gray tan color you only ever see in rentals)

Sam's an old boy, like around 18. He's mostly deaf at this point, and his eyesight is going. Ever since his older brother died two years ago, he's been depressed too. He's on medications, but still occasionally just sits and yowls. He still likes attention and affection though. He's slowly shrinking too, and is like 50% fluff now. (it was always a high percentage with him)

He started out wild. At the time, my dad and step-mom lived in an old farmhouse. There were sometimes feral cats wandering the countryside. My step-mother noticed this kitten though and it was love at first sight. My dad of course said no. So she ended up taming him in secret. She'd wait til after he was asleep at night and go down and sit on the porch and feed him, with the bowl being just a little bit closer each night. Finally, my dad went on a long business trip for several days. That was her chance. She had gotten him to eating right beside her, so she snatched him up and took him in the house. by the time my dad came back, he had already gotten used to the place and that was that.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

CombatBonta-kun posted:

Senior pet time.

This old man is Isaac. It is hard to believe he is 18 years old.

He started off as a family cat, but soon it was apparent that he choose me as his favorite member. I have had him for pretty much every major even in my life in the past 18 years. He might not seem like it at first, but he is a huge cuddle-bug who loves belly rubs.

This past Sunday he decided to jump off one of the lower steps on his cat tree. It was only about 18 inches up, but he landed badly and started walking funny. He is an old cat and isn't a mobile as he was when he was younger, but this was something different. I kept an eye on him as he didn't seem to be in any pain, just like he might have tweeked his back or hips. By Tuesday I had realized he hadn't pooped since Sunday. I decided to take him to the vet get checked out. I took him in Wednesday and he got the works. His xray showed that was holding back a lot of poop, so the vet gave him an enema and some laxatives to give to him over the next couple of days. Since it was Thanksgiving the next day, they wouldn't get the radiology or blood work results until Friday at the earliest. What they could tell from his xray though was he had a pellet lodged in his side. He has been an indoor only cat since about 2004, so it must have been there for a very long time. He also had a slightly enlarged heart that they couldn't determine the cause of, the initial thought was it could be thyroid related, but it could also be congestive heart failure. If they couldn't figure it out with the blood work or xray, he would have to have an EKG. Hearing that wasn't much fun for me.

Wednesday night and Thursday were tough. Wednesday after getting home from the vet, he starting having some kind of episode; his eyes had a blank look to them and he started panting really badly. I had the vet on the phone in a few seconds and she gave me the info for the closest ER vet. Fortunately before she could finish he was back up and acting like his normal self. She said it could be stress and pain due to the visit and the enema (which he passed very little at the office, so most of it was still in him). I was advised to keep a close watch on him and if it happened again, take him to the emergency vet.

Thursday morning he finally pooped. He seemed like he was feeling better, but I was still concerned. I ended up skipping out on Thanksgiving with my family, but all of them are have pets that they would do the same thing in a heartbeat for, so they understood.

I got a call from the vet on Friday with his results. His bad landing actually broke 3 of his ribs. His blood work showed he had slightly elevated kidney levels, so now he is on prescription food.

He has been acting more like his normal self since this weekend. His ribs are healing and he really, really likes his new food (and he better, that stuff is expensive). All he has to do now is rest up, relax and heal.

He is pretty good at relaxing.

This is A Good Boy. I'm glad he's feeling better and hopefully the ribs will heal right back up soon. My best friend's kitty had a bad landing and broke a rib when she was about 3, and it healed funny so she's got a little bump on her sternum, but she's doing alright.

My old girl is always a little off for a day or two after a vet visit. It's been unseasonably cold here and we don't have central heating (it rarely gets cold enough to need it), so I'm hoping her sniffles are just cold-related and not infection-related. Taking her to the vet stresses her out SO much. Get better soon, Isaac!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My sister's dog bit me yesterday because he doesn't like tall men with beards.
Please post mutts not being assholes.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Inzombiac posted:

My sister's dog bit me yesterday because he doesn't like tall men with beards.
Please post mutts not being assholes.

How about a corgi mutt who's ready for his job interview?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Choco1980 posted:

Well I only have the other two photos I tried to take at the same time (and yes, my apartment's carpet is that ugly gray tan color you only ever see in rentals)

Sam's an old boy, like around 18. He's mostly deaf at this point, and his eyesight is going. Ever since his older brother died two years ago, he's been depressed too. He's on medications, but still occasionally just sits and yowls. He still likes attention and affection though. He's slowly shrinking too, and is like 50% fluff now. (it was always a high percentage with him)

He started out wild. At the time, my dad and step-mom lived in an old farmhouse. There were sometimes feral cats wandering the countryside. My step-mother noticed this kitten though and it was love at first sight. My dad of course said no. So she ended up taming him in secret. She'd wait til after he was asleep at night and go down and sit on the porch and feed him, with the bowl being just a little bit closer each night. Finally, my dad went on a long business trip for several days. That was her chance. She had gotten him to eating right beside her, so she snatched him up and took him in the house. by the time my dad came back, he had already gotten used to the place and that was that.

I can't get over that cat's face. It's like a bedsheet ghost cat.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

kinmik posted:

I loving can't stop laughing at this. On imgur with the caption "When you're licking your cat friend but get hungry all of a sudden"
http://i.imgur.com/A1tL0Ge.webm

30 mins into netflix and chill.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

kinmik posted:

I loving can't stop laughing at this. On imgur with the caption "When you're licking your cat friend but get hungry all of a sudden"
http://i.imgur.com/A1tL0Ge.webm

Both of those cats look like Wilford Brimley.

Post more smoosh face cats.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Choco1980 posted:

I refuse to believe that is a senior cat. That is a teeny tiny kitten and you're using Photoshop tricks to make him look bigger and fluffier. Look at those big eyes! :3:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Please give this cat a gentle pet for me.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Chili posted:

I will have one for you tonight, however.

It involves this toy:

And is precisely as glorious and :effort: as you are imagining it to be.

:3: If you drag/bounce it along the floor, even the fattest lump cats like mine will lose their poo poo over Da Bird. It's the best for cat exercise.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

pookel posted:

I refuse to believe that is a senior cat. That is a teeny tiny kitten and you're using Photoshop tricks to make him look bigger and fluffier. Look at those big eyes! :3:

first I thought "what a weird cute kitten" than I understood it is actually an old cat that looks like a weird cute kitty, which somehow makes him even more adorable.

Pucklynn
Sep 8, 2010

chop chop chop
Incoming picdump of my parents' new Anatolian Shepherd puppy, Max:

He's pretty much the most adorable goober ever, ten weeks old and still in that "I love you so I'm going to mouth you and nibble on you constantly" phase.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Golden-i posted:

How about a corgi mutt who's ready for his job interview?

What an attentive and professional pooch :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Friend sent me pics of his cat Nubs.

He looks like a goblin who just remembered he left the oven on :catstare:

(he's ok, just doing that weird cat ab crunch thing they do when they clean their bellahs)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Having a bad day, including a bike crash that may have rendered my bike unusable.

Any picture of cute animals on bikes? Or if that's too specific, maybe just some big cats, like jaguars?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Well, you didn't ask for it, but you're getting it anyway.

Butterscotch and Da Bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PgLHbwvsU

Again, please pardon our commentary.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh god :laffo: the primordial hunter!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I like how he just kind of walks after it.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Chili posted:

Hahaha he's still pretty agile for his size. There's a cat under all that fat

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Such a Majestic Floof :allears: :kimchi:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Elias_Maluco posted:

first I thought "what a weird cute kitten" than I understood it is actually an old cat that looks like a weird cute kitty, which somehow makes him even more adorable.

Yeah, part of it is Sam's an old old man that's at that stage where you start shrinking cause you're so old, and part of it is that he's always been mostly floof. It's a strange combination.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, part of it is Sam's an old old man that's at that stage where you start shrinking cause you're so old, and part of it is that he's always been mostly floof. It's a strange combination.

My Aunt has a cat like that. She looks like a fluffy little roundcat but then you pick her up and she feels quite skinny and boney (don't worry, she's spoiled rotten with expensive food and lots of treats, she's just old).

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Chili posted:

It's like it was with that spinny toy: when Butterscotch gets something, he gets it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

That is an adorable turtle!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Stole these from tumblr.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

StandardVC10 posted:

I like how he just kind of walks after it.

...waddle waddle waddle...

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

A very good dogge.

And some other cute animal webms found on imgur.

http://i.imgur.com/Gw2sK0g.webm
http://i.imgur.com/COsz9qV.webm
http://i.imgur.com/ddqtfwF.webm

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Rottweilers are the best

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

FDJ! I love that guy!

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

x-postin
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT SPIDER CONTENT, PLEASE VIEW ASAP
here are some of my personal faves, in spoiler tags as usual for the fearful among us

those last three are all Rhene sp., which I think might be my new fave spider genus :kimchi: lil fatties
in conclusion: spider's, are good.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

vaguely posted:

x-postin
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT SPIDER CONTENT, PLEASE VIEW ASAP
here are some of my personal faves, in spoiler tags as usual for the fearful among us

those last three are all Rhene sp., which I think might be my new fave spider genus :kimchi: lil fatties
in conclusion: spider's, are good.

:eyepop: Holy poo poo these arent real, these are plush toys (I wish, I would buy those in a heartbeat)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bismuth posted:

:eyepop: Holy poo poo these arent real, these are plush toys (I wish, I would buy those in a heartbeat)

ahhh spoilers don't appear when you quote

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've been told, by no less a person than Neil deGrasse Tyson, that this is the cutest thing ever.

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/671686515077087232

And you know what? He may be right.

a kitten has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Dec 1, 2015

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

hiddenriverninja posted:

ahhh spoilers don't appear when you quote

And I can't properly un-spoiler them because there's no text or anything else to click that isn't covered when the images show. :sigh:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It's not the quoting that does this, it's the use of timg tags fyi. You can quote spoilered images if you manually turn the timg tags back into img tags.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

I hear you guys like senior pets and fat ginger cats. How about a senior, fat ginger cat.

Meet Huey.

He is 25 lbs and 15 years old.

Yes, you may rub the belly. He doesn't mind.

At at 6, his previous owners divorced and he ended up living at the vet's office. He weighed 19 pounds and managed to bend a metal file cart.

He has a younger, blurrier girlfriend to help with the grooming. She's 6 and her name is Lily.

Coke bottle for scale. He has really big paws and short stubby legs.

Good boy, Huey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

a kitten posted:

I've been told, by no less a person than Neil deGrasse Tyson, that this is the cutest thing ever.

https://twitter.com/Lyraull/status/669435381184614400

And you know what? He may be right.

That video is indeed very cute. The twitter background image on the other hand...

I really don't get the "drawing operating systems as underaged animes" thing.

• Locked thread