Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I mean, I would probably freak out if the guy who killed me once came back and decided to send a part of his galactic army against me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea of all the reasons you can pull to be kinda a chickenshit you kinda get a pass when after being a loving bike cop for a couple years the alien emperor tyrant that impaled you on his horn and then, later, in an entirely different painful experience, straight up murdered you because you got in the way of his genocide (that still happened) shows back up with an entire army and he's just mad pissed about everything.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Neo_Crimson posted:

If the Android saga originally aired now people in this thread would 100% be doing this.

The sad thing is that you're not wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hell I the Namek saga, Vegeta underestimates Frieza twice in the same fight. He can sense fine at that point.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Covok posted:

The sad thing is that you're not wrong.

the usenet posts will confirm this.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

They should just make a full movie out of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94riEyRp_qI

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

krillin is the true saiyan prince and he will go ssgss 3 next episode

you can tell he's a saiyan royalty by how short he is

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Testekill posted:

They should just make a full movie out of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94riEyRp_qI

i wish i were mr satan too

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I'm surprised a video game hasn't done a "what-if Hercule wasn't all talk?" scenario yet.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

I'm surprised a video game hasn't done a "what-if Hercule wasn't all talk?" scenario yet.

Well there's the "Legend of Hercule" scenario or whatever in Budokai 1, but that ends up being a dream sequence IIRC.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
did I make up that Mr. Satan's master was killed by a ki blast (dodonpa by tao?) and that is why he refuses to do any ki or learn to fly from videl

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Covok posted:

They have, it's called every single DBZ game.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

visceril posted:

did I make up that Mr. Satan's master was killed by a ki blast (dodonpa by tao?) and that is why he refuses to do any ki or learn to fly from videl

No, its from somewhere.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I never heard about the ki attack, but Mr. Satan and his master were hanging around and made fun of Tao's hair, and his master got killed is the long and short I've heard of it from one of the side guides.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They have, it's called every single DBZ game.

I decided to not press the button to switch characters in the fight against Evil Buu, it was everything I wanted.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The best thing about Video Game Hercule is defeating SSj4 Gogeta with an IED packed in a Game Boy Color.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This "Mr Satan is the actual strongest" joke has gotten really loving old. I like that Mr Satan is a weak little poo poo that manages to grow some balls when it really matters and I like that every other time he's cowering in fear because he's the only person outside of the Z-fighters that seems to understand and even remember that the Earth keeps getting attacked by planet destroying gods.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mr. Satan also has comic relief powers that is a throwback to early Dragon Ball with Goku breaking the third wall and tossing Boss Rabbit to the moon and stuff that makes him pretty much invincible in the scheme of things, so it's only as much of a joke as his character is purposely made to be.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The next step is for Mr. Satan to become self-aware like 21 and 24 and start participating in battles

Covok
May 27, 2013

visceril posted:

The next step is for Mr. Satan to become self-aware like 21 and 24 and start participating in battles

That worked out so well for 24.

RIP in peace

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Darko posted:

I never heard about the ki attack, but Mr. Satan and his master were hanging around and made fun of Tao's hair, and his master got killed is the long and short I've heard of it from one of the side guides.

I want to think Tao tongued him to death. He did that right?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Squallege posted:

I want to think Tao tongued him to death. He did that right?

That was General Blue

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Covok posted:

well Xenoverse did have that story segment where he got powered up by evil demon magic and could fly and shoot ki and wreck your poo poo, but that's not exactly the same thing

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hercule being the strongest OR the weakest seems odd to me. I've always seen him as lower mid-tier; weak by comparison to the Z fighters, but able to beat on normal people pretty easily.

Basically we need Hercule as the new Great Saiyaman

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I just really wonder how he would fare in any of the Dragon Ball tournaments. Could Satan beat King Chappa? or that other movie star afro kid

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

dr.acula posted:

I just really wonder how he would fare in any of the Dragon Ball tournaments. Could Satan beat King Chappa? or that other movie star afro kid

Didn't Hercule win a Strongest Under The Heavens tournament (that none of the Z-Fighters participated in)?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Didn't Hercule win a Strongest Under The Heavens tournament (that none of the Z-Fighters participated in)?

Yeah, that's why he's the Champ!

I've always assumed he's probably as strong as anyone who can't fly and shoot ki blasts who has entered the tournament in the past. Hell, fighting that dude who shot Bee, he moved so quickly he disappeared for a second.. before getting shot.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV6dZRJ7xZ4

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 3, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, that's why he's the Champ!

I've always assumed he's probably as strong as anyone who can't fly and shoot ki blasts who has entered the tournament in the past. Hell, fighting that dude who shot Bee, he moved so quickly he disappeared for a second.. before getting shot.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV6dZRJ7xZ4

Yeah, basically Satan's not a bad fighter he's just not a multiverse-class one. I'm pretty sure he could beat Yamcha even without ki, honestly.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
How could Mr Satan call Gohan skinny when he's ripped to poo poo? I guess he means relative to dragonball since everyone is I suppose.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

sharktamer posted:

How could Mr Satan call Gohan skinny when he's ripped to poo poo? I guess he means relative to dragonball since everyone is I suppose.

He's still lean but lost his gains. Truly a tragedy but it could be worse.

Just wait, in 10 years we'll get Beergut Gohan.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Literally everyone in DBZ is ripped. Even random background characters.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Can someone explain to me why Pilaf, Shu, and Mai are children in Super? I just realized how little sense this makes.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

pik_d posted:

Can someone explain to me why Pilaf, Shu, and Mai are children in Super? I just realized how little sense this makes.

They wished to be young again but screwed up the wish and became kids off screen it was mentioned as a throw away line in BoG. Don't remember about super.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pik_d posted:

they wished to be young again.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vire posted:

They wished to be young again but screwed up the wish and became kids off screen it was mentioned as a throw away line in BoG. Don't remember about super.

So it definitely 100% has absolutely nothing to do with GT even though that happened in the future?

Kild posted:

they wished to be young again.

For the first time, isn't it?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

pik_d posted:

So it definitely 100% has absolutely nothing to do with GT even though that happened in the future?

For the first time, isn't it?

Didn't they wish for goku to be young in GT thinking they could beat him if he was a kid? I don't remember if they wished for themselves to be young then too.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Vire posted:

Didn't they wish for goku to be young in GT thinking they could beat him if he was a kid? I don't remember if they wished for themselves to be young then too.

They didn't. As a matter of fact, they were pretty old in GT.

It directly contradicts the opening to GT. One wonders if this was intentional.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah, basically Satan's not a bad fighter he's just not a multiverse-class one. I'm pretty sure he could beat Yamcha even without ki, honestly.

Satan can beat a guy who's stronger than Cell.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Covok posted:

They didn't. As a matter of fact, they were pretty old in GT.

It directly contradicts the opening to GT. One wonders if this was intentional.

It was. Toriyama didn't like GT and this is a deliberate mockery of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

It was. Toriyama didn't like GT and this is a deliberate mockery of it.

In the next Briefs filler episode, Vegeta looks in the mirror and remembers his dad's goatee, and wonders out loud how he'd look with facial hair. Bulma tells him he'd look like poo poo

• Locked thread