Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Officially 9 teams in my 14 teamer that are now 6-6. Only 5 of them are going to make the playoffs. I'd like my odds a lot better of Charmander were to sit out again this week so that I could start Ware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Final week of the regular season. Playoff spot is secured but I need the 2nd place team to lose and another match to finish in a tie in order to get a 1st round bye. Isn't gonna happen- especially not with fractional points.

I considered tanking for match-up, but possibly finishing 1st in points and seeing my team in the League History with two consecutive entries for "Season Performance" would be way cooler.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

There's a distinct possibility not one but three teams in my 14 team league will make the playoffs at 6-7.

There's a good chance of me making the playoffs in my $100 league at 6-8 :)

Also I have the most points scored in the league! Over 200 points more than the second highest scoring team. Ahh fantasy...

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
How hot garbage is this trade currently pending in my dynasty?

TEAM A GETS:
Adrian Peterson

TEAM B GETS:
David Johnson
Gary Barnridge
2nd Round Pick (most likely late)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not the best trade but definitely not veto worthy.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
God if Barnidge had just had one more reception of 10 yards I would've been into the playoffs, instead I watched that walk-off FG block return end my season.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I could make the playoffs in my main league at 6-7 if I win big next week and 3 other teams lose to make them 6-7 or worse

:pray:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm in the lovely position of actually being first overall (second in PF) but... my team just kind of limped into that position. Everyone else is having a killer back half of the season and I basically will fall in the second round (first round bye)

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Who's more droppable?

Andre Ellington (turf toe) or Rishard Matthews (chest/ribs)

I shouldn't need either of them but I don't want to drop a potential puzzle piece to another team either.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Timett posted:

Who's more droppable?

Andre Ellington (turf toe) or Rishard Matthews (chest/ribs)

I shouldn't need either of them but I don't want to drop a potential puzzle piece to another team either.

Rishard Matthews has multiple fractured ribs and is out indefinitely.

Ellington if and when he gets healthy should split the load with David Johnson as CJ2k is out now.

I'd drop Matthews. Although they are both probably gonna be useless for rest of fantasy.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 1, 2015

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Jordan Matthews should be good for a couple of garbage time touchdowns this week, right? :)

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I kept Ellington alllll year in a deep league and he goes and gets injured as soon as Johnson does, son of a bitch.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Popero posted:

I kept Ellington alllll year in a deep league and he goes and gets injured as soon as Johnson does, son of a bitch.

He's gotta keep up his reputation as possibly the most injury prone player in the NFL.His competition has been pretty stiff this year.

I have only had him for about the last week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Blimpkin posted:

God if Barnidge had just had one more reception of 10 yards I would've been into the playoffs, instead I watched that walk-off FG block return end my season.

How about this...

I needed ONE more point from Justin Tucker to get into the playoffs. One point. Oh Ravens just scored a game winning TD?!? Awesome! Just need the extra point and I'm in. Oh they're kneeling the ball... :sludgepal:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

How about this...

I needed ONE more point from Justin Tucker to get into the playoffs. One point. Oh Ravens just scored a game winning TD?!? Awesome! Just need the extra point and I'm in. Oh they're kneeling the ball... :sludgepal:

OK, you win.

Really that kneel-down didn't make logical sense since the Ravens aren't technically eliminated from the playoffs and net points is a tiebreaker (although it's like the 8th one)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

coronaball posted:

OK, you win.

Really that kneel-down didn't make logical sense since the Ravens aren't technically eliminated from the playoffs and net points is a tiebreaker (although it's like the 8th one)

I can see why they did it. Having already lost Flacco, Forsett, Steve Smith, and Suggs, who are probably 4 of the top 5 players on the Ravens in terms of importance, with Justin Tucker probably 5th. They probably didn't want to chance it since they didn't need the extra point. They've effectively given up on the season with only a microscopic chance at the playoffs.

But it was still a little weird, possibly they kneeled to get it off quicker just in case another review?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 1, 2015

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Doltos posted:

There's a distinct possibility not one but three teams in my 14 team league will make the playoffs at 6-7.

We will probably have two at 6-7 in our 14. We also have four 5-7 teams and all but one has an outside shot of squeaking in.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

If I had started any player besides CJ2k, I'd be set for the playoffs. Now I'm a longshot to make it.

Charles, Edelman, SSS, Hurns, CJ2K, Hyde

ugh

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Sparse waivers, I'm sitting at #2 priority.

I have a clain in for David Johnson, and I'm going to also put one in for Dan Herron. Gore is "beat to crap" according to Pagano and Bradshaw is dead. I think if I don't get Johnson I have to get Herron. sucks to blow a high priority waiver claim on him but it's slim pickins after that. As in literally nothing out there.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Feeling pretty great about having David Johnson after C Johnson and Ellington are out. I think with him and Devonta as my RB, and Antonio Brown and Odell as my WR team (with Tyler lockett as my W/R/T) got a good chacne for a high-scoring Week 13.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Is this going to work the way I'm intending? These are the defenses I want to pick up this week in the order of preference. If I don't get the first one it'll move to 2nd and so forth down the list, correct?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

edit: ^^^^ yes

Sanchez is done, right? I'm in the playoffs and as long as Charmander comes back I should be set on my roster for this last week, but no sense in not grabbing SOMEBODY from waivers if he's just dead weight, right?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
So with my revolving door at QB since Luck died, I have the following options:

Hoyer @ Buffalo (only QB on roster)
Alex Smith @ Oak
Tyrod @ Hou
Brock @ SD

Just dropped McCown, NYG def, and CJ2k so have roster spots open
I need to win, or 2 other teams to lose to make the playoffs.
Recommendations?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Finished this season 2-10 and have been out of playoff contention for weeks now, but at least I've managed to play spoiler. My second win came last week and prevented someone from getting the final playoff spot. I've also been able to snag almost every replacement RB due to reverse standings for waivers. I've had Charcandrick, DeAngelo Williams, Rawls, and Spencer Ware. I will be getting David Johnson this week, and will try getting Draughn as well. I want to make sure that waivers are a wasteland for the playoff teams that remain.

gently caress fantasy forever

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Hazo posted:

edit: ^^^^ yes

Sanchez is done, right? I'm in the playoffs and as long as Charmander comes back I should be set on my roster for this last week, but no sense in not grabbing SOMEBODY from waivers if he's just dead weight, right?

Even if he was still starting, he wouldn't have any value unless you play in a 2 QB league.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
couldn't have written it any better - 6 team playoffs, I'm in 7th place, randomly facing the 6th place team this week, the last week of regulation. We're the only teams with 6-6 records, but he's scored 7 points more than me over the season (both 1100+ PF)

Desperately praying Chandler falls to me in our resetting waivers. There's no way I'm getting Johnson. If Chandler isn't available, is Vance the next best pickup? WW options include:

Richard Rodgers
Fleener
Will Tye
Jared Cook
Luke Wilson
Ryan Griffin
Vance

Teeter posted:

Finished this season 2-10 and have been out of playoff contention for weeks now, but at least I've managed to play spoiler. My second win came last week and prevented someone from getting the final playoff spot. I've also been able to snag almost every replacement RB due to reverse standings for waivers. I've had Charcandrick, DeAngelo Williams, Rawls, and Spencer Ware. I will be getting David Johnson this week, and will try getting Draughn as well. I want to make sure that waivers are a wasteland for the playoff teams that remain.

lmao

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Anyone else frustrated with Hauschka? Last 2 weeks have been nightmares... Start him against Vikings? Or grab a streamer?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

madkapitolist posted:

Anyone else frustrated with Hauschka? Last 2 weeks have been nightmares... Start him against Vikings? Or grab a streamer?

If I didn't miss my playoff window this week I'd be streaming a new one.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Who's the QB add here? I have Tyrod, but I don't like him against Houston D/ST

Fitzpatrick @ NYG
Cutler vs. SF
Osweiler @ SD
Mariota vs. Jac

I need a home run here as I have to win to get into the playoffs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teeter posted:

Good, you're playing the right way :hfive:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

coronaball posted:

Even if he was still starting, he wouldn't have any value unless you play in a 2 QB league.
It's a 12-team superflex. I have Bridgewater and Gabbert. No starting QBs remain on waivers (except for Austin Davis and Matt Cassel I guess). Would one of them be better than Sanchez or Gabbert?

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 1, 2015

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Special QB/WR alert: maybe think about stashing Terrelle Pryor just in case the world is grim enough for him to start at QB in week 15 or 16

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Hazo posted:

It's a 12-team superflex. I have Bridgewater and Gabbert. No starting QBs remain on waivers (except for Austin Davis and Matt Cassel I guess). Would one of them be better than Sanchez or Gabbert?

Probably not. I'd drop Sanchez for Manziel since CLE plays SF Week 14. Assuming Manziel starts that game, which no one knows yet.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

Special QB/WR alert: maybe think about stashing Terrelle Pryor just in case the world is grim enough for him to start at QB in week 15 or 16

He's not even on a team right now right?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Teeter posted:

You know how to play.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

MacheteZombie posted:

Browns are looking at him, Pettine says it's not a done deal yet but a lot of reporters seem pretty sure it will happen.

McCown's injured so they have Austin Davis and a guy they don't want to play. The glorious days of Joe Webb can be here again, you just have to dream

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

MacheteZombie posted:

Apparently he was just signed by Cleveland to be a wide receiver...although they did also just lose McCown for the year so who the gently caress knows.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

coronaball posted:

Probably not. I'd drop Sanchez for Manziel since CLE plays SF Week 14. Assuming Manziel starts that game, which no one knows yet.
When I say there are no other potential starting QBs in this league I mean it. Manziel has been owned for a long time.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Fat Lowtax posted:

Browns are looking at him, Pettine says it's not a done deal yet but a lot of reporters seem pretty sure it will happen.

McCown's injured so they have Austin Davis and a guy they don't want to play. The glorious days of Joe Webb can be here again, you just have to dream

WE WANT WEBB WE WANT WEBB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It looks like Pryor is only QB/WR eligible on Yahoo. Both ESPN and NFL list him as a WR only.

I'll pick him up in the one league I can burn a roster spot, if only because having a starting QB that you can use in an WR slot is awesome.

• Locked thread