Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TurnipFritter posted:

Heropon very cool, he's just a dad trying to do right by his family.

Xenoblade Chronicles X's biggest misstep is that there are no playable Nopon, imo.

This is so hosed up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

bef posted:

This is so hosed up...

Gonna need more Xenoblade X gifs in here for the game Launch Thread!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Riki is a strong character but he's kind of boring and you could have removed him from the game and nothing would have changed except you lose one of the strongest combat characters.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

I wonder what stupid gimmick will cripple the NX from being a good console.

You need to use your smartphone as a controller.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Junkie Disease posted:

Its like a prettier xenogears. I cant remember if you could leave the gears in xenosaga and explore on foot.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

All games require you to use an Amiibo.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Junkie Disease posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God, I would buy this goddamn game just for the freaking robot transformations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Order shipped earlier today, so should be getting this a day or two early. Apparently the online functionality is already up, too. Still dunno what class to pick though. Tempted to do the Psycorruptor line, but from what I've seen, Blast Fencers (well, mostly their Psycho Launchers), look hilarious too.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Night Blade posted:

You need to use your smartphone as a controller.

Fallout 4 port confirmed.

ImpAtom posted:

God, I would buy this goddamn game just for the freaking robot transformations.

Can you customize the parts/color of your robots in this game ala Front Mission? I hadn't even thought about that until now but that's a serious game changer if so.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Can you customize the parts/color of your robots in this game ala Front Mission? I hadn't even thought about that until now but that's a serious game changer if so.

Yes

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I believe so, yes.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You can customise your running around clothes and your mechs. You can make a team of power rangers if you want.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I do believe in one trailer where they showcased the changing colors thing they switched a Skell from EVA colors to Gundam.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-UgouPmm4

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Saigyouji posted:

Order shipped earlier today, so should be getting this a day or two early. Apparently the online functionality is already up, too. Still dunno what class to pick though. Tempted to do the Psycorruptor line, but from what I've seen, Blast Fencers (well, mostly their Psycho Launchers), look hilarious too.

Keep in mind that you can essentially build your own class at endgame, so if you're really into Psycho Launchers but want a different melee weapon, you can do that by simply mastering both class lines.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Uhg well, hype levels are getting dangerously high now.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Uhg well, hype levels are getting dangerously high now.

it's gonna be a real good time ok

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hmmm

Hmmm

So your ship was pretty big huh?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So is there a goon nnid thing?

gently caress it, made a spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15XBTrRJQnZ4qZzCET_Rgn3mD2cdpOkCuJ75lFkCyKfE/edit?usp=sharing

You all should be able to edit it.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 2, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So here's the break down

Side Quests are where your character story building moments for people who hate playing games for the mechanics and just want the TV to tell them a story, just like Xenoblade's story.

Main Quest Objectives is big Xenogears/Xenosaga type story, but it's actually finished and there's no mindfuckery, eating people, or clone bullshit.

it's a culmination of all the Xenogames.

Also few of the screenshots show it but nearly everything glows in the dark at night. It looks like a rave party due to all the glowy poo poo.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 2, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/destinyzero9999

this guy is streaming, no streamer voice garbage either

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hemale in pain posted:

I wonder what stupid gimmick will cripple the NX from being a good console.

i bet there are at least 2. nintendo is going to double down :getin:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Xenoblade has proven twice that whatever irreverent poo poo gimmicks are made for the system the series will throw them in the trash and make a good game without them.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have on good authority that the pre-sales to the game are pulling Zelda-like numbers.

Sounds like they should start making a third game.

Soon my brother, they will know our name. this game shits all over fallout 4.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Cyron posted:

Soon my brother, they will know our name. this game shits all over fallout 4.

No. It is a game and games cannot poo poo.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

bloodychill posted:

No. It is a game and games cannot poo poo.

your right, shiting is for flawed things.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I don't understand how or why this game is on the Wii U, I didn't understand why X was on the Wii, but I don't really care, I will enjoy it!

All preloaded, excited for my copy to arrive :neckbeard:

It'll be a nice break from the gritty grim grim grittygrimness of the witcher (a good rpg) and fallout (a bad rpg).

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

This might belong in the general Wii U thread, but is there a reason this is taking 80 hours to download? I have a 150 mbps internet connection, I'm not applying any limits on the wireless, and my Wii U is right next to the router. 30 GB+ steam games download in under an hour.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nintendo's servers still think it's 1998 and people are on 56k modems

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I downloaded the packs fine in just one day. Hell, probably in a matter of hours. And I live in Europe.

Microcline posted:

This might belong in the general Wii U thread, but is there a reason this is taking 80 hours to download? I have a 150 mbps internet connection, I'm not applying any limits on the wireless, and my Wii U is right next to the router. 30 GB+ steam games download in under an hour.

Well there's your problem. Either get an ethernet adapter or change your router wireless settings to get the most out of it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
My copy is on its way :getin:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm not going to be able to play this until a week from today. :bang: GodDAMMIT.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Amazon says my Collector's isn't going to get here until Monday, even though I ordered it next day and they generally deliver on Saturday (and even Sunday nowadays). Should've gone digital I guess.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

So how do you get your first skell? Is it gated by main quest progress, do you need to reach a certain level, do you need to finish a particular side quest, or something else?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's during the main quest, I don't know how far in to it though.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 2, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Well it's certainly not in the first hours like in Fallout 4. According to reports you'll have to sink a lot of time before the game throws you a doll to use.

And yes, I prefer the term Dolls more than Skells. Fight me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Chucktesla posted:

So how do you get your first skell? Is it gated by main quest progress, do you need to reach a certain level, do you need to finish a particular side quest, or something else?

The game has 13 chapters and apparently you get your skell in chapter 6 and flight abilities in chapter 9

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

victrix posted:

I don't understand how or why this game is on the Wii U, I didn't understand why X was on the Wii, but I don't really care, I will enjoy it!

Because Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. They made RPG's and Nintendo didn't have a studio that was known for that so it was a good deal. Bamco took a big hit on the Xenosaga games and Monolith Soft actually seemed interested in doing Wii games (They were making Disaster:Day of Crisis when bought) so it was a good way for Nintendo to get a developer who could do new IP's and types of games Nintendo themselves didn't.

Shame Disaster never came out in North America. That was a fun game and had some interesting ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION

The Taint Reaper posted:

there's no mindfuckery, eating people, or clone bullshit.

Well that's disappointing

• Locked thread