Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The best part was that he supposedly went through all the trouble of getting the city's permission then just didn't do it. He did all the boring paperwork then decided to skip the part where he digs up treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
He stumbled on something even greater :tinfoil:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

He found the treasure and it was infinity dollars and he's too busy living the high life to post about it :shrug:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He may have shattered his arms and legs trying to dig, resulting in multiple open fractures, then bled out in the park. His corpse has just been covered in the famous boston permafrost for a year

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Drunkboxer posted:

He may have shattered his arms and legs trying to dig, resulting in multiple open fractures, then bled out in the park. His corpse has just been covered in the famous boston permafrost for a year

The environmental storytelling of Fallout 4

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This may come as a shock but some of us actually find this thread interesting with or without Xie, and it would be cool if it didn't get locked again because of bitchy shitposters :shrek:ing it up.

THE Green Ranger
May 9, 2009
For the Houston searchers, I found this video that has some old pictures of Hermann Park. I don't know if they would be of any use or not, but it is something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQA_q2Xvaa8

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Team Urban Smurf checking in.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Herv posted:

Team Urban Smurf checking in.

Yeah forget xie, keep it open for more smurfiness.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Team Urban Smurf checking in! Hopefully the shitposters won't get this thread shut down again.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
Image 11 / Verse 3 - Boston

This has never been posted here. This is the Christopher Columbus statue in Boston's waterfront park.

Statue was erected in 1979, apparently.

Go get it Xie, we're with you.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
At some point in this thread the OP was getting trolled and it was the hardest I had ever laughed in GBS.

Make me laugh again, GBS.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Somebody tell Meat Street to release the wiki files. I've tried.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

The best part was that he supposedly went through all the trouble of getting the city's permission then just didn't do it. He did all the boring paperwork then decided to skip the part where he digs up treasure.

Come on, man, it's only November, surely the snow from last winter hasn't melted yet

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Watch out. Gnarly is gonna get you for talking poo poo about Xie.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Merlot Brougham posted:

Image 11 / Verse 3 - Boston

This has never been posted here. This is the Christopher Columbus statue in Boston's waterfront park.

Statue was erected in 1979, apparently.

Go get it Xie, we're with you.

I like this match. The cheek lines, the eyes, nose, lips, eyebrows, weird bulges under the eyebrows

Anyone ever notice the "montreal" image has a whale in the collar? White part, left part of the neck.? Looks like it might even have a blowhole, too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is it solved yet?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Is it solved yet?

Yes, but now we're all sworn to secrecy. Sorry.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Drunk Nerds posted:

I like this match. The cheek lines, the eyes, nose, lips, eyebrows, weird bulges under the eyebrows

Anyone ever notice the "montreal" image has a whale in the collar? White part, left part of the neck.? Looks like it might even have a blowhole, too

Whale? Could be the labia majora. Stop putting "Montreal" in quotes. Have some class.

Merlot Brougham fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 21, 2015

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Image 7 Verse 10?!?! - New Orleans

This could very well be revolutionary, since Verse 10 is largely though to match with Image 12/ New York City

Take twice as many east steps as the hour
Or more
From the middle of one branch
Of the v

Verse 10

In the shadow
Of the grey giant
Find the arm that
Extends over the slender path
In summer
You'll often hear a whirring sound
Cars abound
Although the sign
Nearby
Speaks of Indies native
The natives still speak
Of him of Hard word in 3 Vols.
Take twice as many east steps as the hour
Or more
From the middle of one branch
Of the v

Look down
And see simple roots
In rhapsodic man's soil
Or gaze north
Toward the isle of B.

See, it's an hour hand, going through a specific hour on the clock, through the V and extended into the embedded jewel in the image.

I'm mainly interested in Montreal. Any Montreal goons out there willing to explore some ideas about Image 9? Let me know.

Merlot Brougham fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 1, 2015

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Nice! Any New Orleans goons able to think what grey giants and isles of B are or could have been in your town?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Viruswithshoes posted:

Nice! Any New Orleans goons able to think what grey giants and isles of B are or could have been in your town?

The superdome is gray.

There's a kinda famous bar on Bourbon st. called Tropical Isle. But it wasn't opened until 84.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 1, 2015

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
What has the guy who drew the pictures have to say about the clues? He had to know what they were in order to include them in the drawings.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Jubs posted:

What has the guy who drew the pictures have to say about the clues? He had to know what they were in order to include them in the drawings.

Way early on it was discussed the artist was sworn to secrecy and has since refused to elaborate on anything.

I've followed this thread since the beginning and despite the impossible odds and jerking around am still holding out something will be found. :unsmith:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Way early on it was discussed the artist was sworn to secrecy and has since refused to elaborate on anything.

The guy is dead! Times have changed. People can't just go around digging around public land anymore.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I found where -every- cask is. Checkmate.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Herv posted:

I found where -every- cask is. Checkmate.

brb, getting bigger shovel

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

CrashCat posted:

brb, getting bigger shovel

Don't break a wrist.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tony Homo posted:

Don't break a wrist.
Good point, it's probably winter somewhere in that picture.

Also I doubt I can get permission anyway

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jubs posted:

The guy is dead! Times have changed. People can't just go around digging around public land anymore.

For real just contact the artist dude. If nothing else it rules out a potential source of answers and the whole "we can't just go around digging on public land and this mystery will absolutely die with you if you don't share" argument holds water if he pulls some "I will honor his memory" poo poo.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

For real just contact the artist dude. If nothing else it rules out a potential source of answers and the whole "we can't just go around digging on public land and this mystery will absolutely die with you if you don't share" argument holds water if he pulls some "I will honor his memory" poo poo.

People have contacted him and that's his answer. And other than the Cleveland one, he might have more info without really knowing how to solve any of them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Has Goon Wisdom™ solved this great Mystery Of The Universe yet?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yeah it turns out the real treasure was inside us all along

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
...in our butts, of course.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The only winning move is not to play...

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yea the treasure was friendship

.random
May 7, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wait puzzle man isn't even the artist? I guess I've really been following this casually but the author made some really vague puzzles and couldn't even paint? Seriously Kit Williams must go nuts that people still give a poo poo about this book. Or not, because it means everybody leaves him alone.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

"Oh drat it I forgot to dig it up while the ground was soft lol busy year. Ho hum next year for sure wink."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Has anyone considered hacking the whole system by hiring moles equipped with GoPros? Or worms may be more economical??