Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

im going to cancel esea because everytime ive gone to use it in the past few weeks ive got the must be in a lobby error

I get it a lot too and the secret is to try for about a minute then leave the lobby and requeue. Next pop won't be messed up, cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

mcvey posted:

Pistol Round Pro Tip: Play real far away as CT, real fuckin close as T. Dont get armor.

Pistol Round Pro Tip: Plan for your inevitable pistol round loss by not buying anything, and instead use the $2200 to buy UMP/Nova + armor 2nd round.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
imo if you're ct and can find a nice headshot box and maybe even some headshotbox-y areas to play on your rotate thats the ideal situation to buy no armor

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
In my head I thought it'd be pretty cool to record my UMP shenanigans, but in reality it's 99% scrappy rat kills, and only 1% awesome shenanigans. So far 3 wins, 1 draw, although I'm 90% sure the topfrag in that draw was cheating (on our team) so that was probably a loss. So far nobody on the other team has got mad at me really, which is disappointing. Usually one person on my team, usually the bottom frag, gets really pissy and says to kick me but so far I've always had one Scandinavian bro who doesn't necessarily like what I'm doing, but will die defending my right to do it :denmark:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Teammates who give you poo poo about UMP will follow you through all ranks. Even topfraggin the whole match on global will have at least two people in team going "oh god you loving force-buying idiot, why can't you get a real weapon" - xxx_goatfucker_228_xxx(RUS), 2/0/18.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I've never heard someone poo poo talk the ump, the SG almost every match but ump never

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Depths posted:

I've never heard someone poo poo talk the ump, the SG almost every match but ump never
Russian CS:GO must truly be the other dimension.

Edit: In other news, got my first Overwatch case. :toot:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 1, 2015

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
The spirit of mcvey lives on http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aWOzdvA_460sv.mp4

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
Richard Lewis is banned from Dreamhack now, along with this funny comment from the Director of Dreamhack:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snvdg2

Wouldn't c9 be the best choice for gtr financially anyway? He gets to move to America, stream whore for lots of cash, be the big fish in a little pond and actually receive a legal paycheck on time unlike NiP.
They probably just won't win many games.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe thorin will boycott dreamhack out of solidarity, and we'll have two major series without them.

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo

xsf421 posted:

Maybe thorin will boycott dreamhack out of solidarity, and we'll have two major series without them.

From your lips to God's ears

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

xsf421 posted:

It's hard to believe he is that stupid, but not impossible.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Too bad analysis desks will be nigh on unwatchable without them. I've seen other "esports" desks and they are just endlessly bland filler. Very few games have interesting personalities, even if interesting in this case means gigantic douchebags. RLewis is actually a competent host, unlike some of the human refuse that floats up to the surface to present esports tournaments. It's just a shame he's broken and mentally ill. I also hate when Thorin talks, about most things, and how wrong he is too, but he can actually crack a joke that didn't come from a christmas cracker and make me feeling an emotion, even if it's usually hatred, whereas I know his replacement will just be some overgrown teenager stumbling over the most softball questions as they interview a match winner.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I always found analysis desks in basically every e-sport unwatchable. It would help if there were more ex-pros like fifflaren who could step up to the plate.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Starcraft 2 analyst desks proper typically do well, unlike most of other competitive games I've watched.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rlewis looks like a generic bad guy from Assassin's Creed.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Jeza posted:

Too bad analysis desks will be nigh on unwatchable without them. I've seen other "esports" desks and they are just endlessly bland filler. Very few games have interesting personalities, even if interesting in this case means gigantic douchebags. RLewis is actually a competent host, unlike some of the human refuse that floats up to the surface to present esports tournaments. It's just a shame he's broken and mentally ill. I also hate when Thorin talks, about most things, and how wrong he is too, but he can actually crack a joke that didn't come from a christmas cracker and make me feeling an emotion, even if it's usually hatred, whereas I know his replacement will just be some overgrown teenager stumbling over the most softball questions as they interview a match winner.

This is the exact reason they should just stick with lovely countdowns that mean nothing and even shittier EDM background music in between each game instead.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

qhat posted:

I always found analysis desks in basically every e-sport unwatchable. It would help if there were more ex-pros like fifflaren who could step up to the plate.

Yeah it's true, I mostly tune out regardless. But that's often because they really are filler and they can't cover that up. But when those two are together, they have decent chemistry, and it can be alright for a little while. I also think the best casting combination in CS:GO is, or at least was, probably RLewis and HenryG, even though they barely cast anything together. And nowadays DDK duo have really stepped up to the plate. Anders and Semmler have also improved in leaps and bounds.

Watching the casual whatever-story cup in which HenryG, DDK and RLewis casted while getting progressively drunk was really the best. It's a shame the Rahim stuff overshadowed it, but again RLewis' natural inclination towards drama and mental illness has a tendency to make that happen.

Kwilty posted:

This is the exact reason they should just stick with lovely countdowns that mean nothing and even shittier EDM background music in between each game instead.

Yeah probably.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeza posted:

I think they'll look long and hard for a replacement for him and you'll be surprised at how competent the new guy is. I'm sure he'll also be intolerable so we won't have missed a beat!

An-DERS! An-DERS!

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Fiff, maniac, sgares analyst desk, with one of the DDKs to give it some outside perspective.

I wouldn't be shocked if the turner league hired sgares as a full time analyst, he's probably the best known player in NA who doesn't have image problems.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I hate every single caster because they always take so loving long just talking in between games. I used to think that fighting game streams were hard to watch with the comparatively tiny amount of talking they did, but most esports streams are infinitely worse. I realize some of it is just due to the logistics of setting up a 5v5 match with custom settings being used by each player being much more involved, but does it seriously take 45 minutes in between two maps to start a game?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

canoshiz posted:

I hate every single caster because they always take so loving long just talking in between games. I used to think that fighting game streams were hard to watch with the comparatively tiny amount of talking they did, but most esports streams are infinitely worse. I realize some of it is just due to the logistics of setting up a 5v5 match with custom settings being used by each player being much more involved, but does it seriously take 45 minutes in between two maps to start a game?
That's the whole reason I don't watch CS:GO basically, it takes too much time, considering that I don't quite care about absolute majority of teams, players, and maps.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

xsf421 posted:

sgares analyst desk

this, he was quite good the last time I saw him do this and he doesn't have the poor english and/or social skills that seem to plague everyone else

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

kalstrams posted:

That's the whole reason I don't watch CS:GO basically, it takes too much time, considering that I don't quite care about absolute majority of teams, players, and maps.

A well produced event (rare) usually doesn't have the long wait times. I can't remember what LAN it was a few months back but it ran like a dream and there was minimal wait times, even for technical issues (player gear, etc.).

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hard to schedule times for CS:GO. If a game goes 16-1 you'll have longer between two games than if it goes into double overtime.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

xsf421 posted:

What a beautiful dream

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I certainly don't blame the organisers for the waiting times, since I know little on team tournament behind the scene shenanigans, and the playtime variability must also somehow be accounted for. I just find it all in all a bit too long, from those very few times I've actually tried to watch a CS:GO event.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I find the Dota 2 TI and recent major to be pretty good with regards to analyst and hosting. Some "banter" here and there but for the most part its about the drat game. I thought Redeye was a great host.

But then again, Dota is 10x more complex than CSGO, so with downtime there is a lot of game to talk about.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Alright boys steps aside time for a real caster man to step up

I'm goin to dreamhack

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Xenaero posted:

I'm goin to dreamhack

Let me use this example: Imagine five players on the edge of a cliff, say a direct copy of the skillset of the player nearest the cliff is sent back to the start of the lineup. The formerly first player becomes the IGL, the second becomes the entry fragger, the third becomes the awper and the fifth falls off the cliff and back into the shuffle. NA CS works the same way

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Xenaero posted:

I'm goin to dreamhack

You lol sound like Mort from Family Guy. A+++ would listen to you cast.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bohemian Nights posted:

Let me use this example: Imagine five players on the edge of a cliff, say a direct copy of the skillset of the player nearest the cliff is sent back to the start of the lineup. The formerly first player becomes the IGL, the second becomes the entry fragger, the third becomes the awper and the fifth falls off the cliff and back into the shuffle. NA CS works the same way
I don't get it.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
We need our very own Ray Romano (minineo) to cast.

Actually, gently caress that, I'll do it. It'll be the beginning of CSGOs Attitude Era where as long as I can wear my tomato sauce-stained death metal shirts, shorts, unkempt beard, as well as drink and curse excessively, it'll be the most entertaining god damned thing you could ever witness.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Starcraft 2 analyst desks proper typically do well, unlike most of other competitive games I've watched.

CS:GO needs its own version of tastosis.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

kalstrams posted:

I certainly don't blame the organisers for the waiting times, since I know little on team tournament behind the scene shenanigans, and the playtime variability must also somehow be accounted for. I just find it all in all a bit too long, from those very few times I've actually tried to watch a CS:GO event.

It doesn't even matter how long the games go though... Each player gets a autoexec file thats been screened through and placed onto a specific usb, keyboard, mouse, and pad. They get the call from the green room whenever the game ends. Let them get in load in game and let them jump around for 5-10 minutes. Plan for a 60 minute game, if it goes over have two casters start casting on the other twitch channel until the first game ends. NFL, NBA, MLB have done this poo poo for 60 years. Its not like there are broadcasting rights restricting them from using other channels...

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
The tradition of letting the players go off and smoke a nice long cigarette between each map is also pretty retarded

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Ghostsauce posted:

The tradition of letting the players go off and smoke a nice long cigarette between each map is also pretty retarded

Holy poo poo Randy your motives are revealed. Its another placebo effect... similar to copying sens and crosshair.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
when is c9 announcing their new player?

or is it just gonna be swag somehow lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ghostsauce posted:

but then they have to smoke while playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

canoshiz posted:

FYI this isn't the casters fault, it's the organizers, and sometimes the pro players fault, because the organizers suck at makign schedules and enforcing them, and the pro players don't give a gently caress and half the time show up like 15 minutes late then complain their config isn't working

• Locked thread