Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

the hell happened to rytlock

He jumped in a hole and came out an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

What an aura of primal majesty. :allears:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh thats cool i was hacked and all my characters are gone

WELP

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

WELP

Send a ticket in, maybe they can revert some activity on it or something? If not /w my user name ingame and I'll send you some gold to get started again

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

WELP

You weren't "hacked", you either are using the same password you used elsewhere or your computer is infected with malware. Why do you not have two-factor authentication on, or at the very least those network logon alerts?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I literally haven't played in 2+ years, for all I know this happened years ago.

It's also entirely possible I got super drunk and decided I wanted to start over and deleted all of them, but I haven't played since early 2013 so I have no idea what happened.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I don't see why a hacker would delete all your characters.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

How do you get fulgurite from Dragon's Stand?

You need Ley Line Sparks for Fulgurite, only sources of those (afaik) are Tangled Depths and Dragon's Stand. Tangled Depths is awful, so do Dragon's Stand.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Magres posted:

You need Ley Line Sparks for Fulgurite, only sources of those (afaik) are Tangled Depths and Dragon's Stand. Tangled Depths is awful, so do Dragon's Stand.

Don't think you get ley line sparks in DS, just crystalline ore.

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

malhavok posted:

Don't think you get ley line sparks in DS, just crystalline ore.

You can get Ley-Line Sparks from Noxious Pods.

Loving all those Warrior patch notes.

e: at least this was buried in the patch. There's hope Lonk.

Axialbloom fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 1, 2015

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'm pretty happy with the changes to Tangled depths. It would be nice if they actually fixed it for real, but I really only care about getting the chak eggs so I can get the weapons, not actually beating the gerent. Plus I also got some chak acid as an event reward, so now I can actually open caches without spending my measly amount of ley line crystals.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

why is this guy made of stars

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That aura goes really, really well with Infinite Light.

Shut up. I don't need a distraction as I make Astralaria.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I'm pretty happy with the changes to Tangled depths. It would be nice if they actually fixed it for real, but I really only care about getting the chak eggs so I can get the weapons, not actually beating the gerent. Plus I also got some chak acid as an event reward, so now I can actually open caches without spending my measly amount of ley line crystals.

how do they fix it though without instantly making it piss easy like tarir or dragon's stand, that's the real question.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

maximum poopsock achieved

now to go study for finals until my head explodes.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

holy poo poo, congrats.

I need to see this ingame

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Fitting.

I assume that was a shitload of grinding? I'm probably going to work on that after I actually finish making juggernaut sometime next century.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah, but DS is a couple million xp a go and I was on Thanksgiving break :downs: It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but it was still pretty time consuming.

Kenshin you can poke me in game if you want! Lorikeet/Widowbird.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah, but DS is a couple million xp a go and I was on Thanksgiving break :downs: It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but it was still pretty time consuming.

Kenshin you can poke me in game if you want! Lorikeet/Widowbird.

Will do (I'm in SFD not GOON so I don't get to see you in guild chat)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kenshin posted:

Will do (I'm in SFD not GOON so I don't get to see you in guild chat)

Can't you join multiple guilds?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
NPC at the crafting station in LA has it.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

Can't you join multiple guilds?

Yeah, I've just not bothered and I think GOON is often up against the member limit, isn't it?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
These wvw rumors are horrible, so I'm guessing they're 100% confirmed at this point.

There aren't any WvW guilds large enough to make maps populated in a system like that, entire servers can't keep them populated.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Trying to recreate my weird mesmer from when I played before.

I can't figure out what that face paint thing is. Any ideas? I don't think it's in the Makeover Kit.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Finally got in a successful DS (I think organized by a streamer) but got gently caress all for loot. Oh well, got two Mastery levels worth of exp so :worthit:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Liu posted:

how do they fix it though without instantly making it piss easy like tarir or dragon's stand, that's the real question.

They should make it piss easy. It's an open world event that needs to be able to work with the lowest common denominator idiot captain shithead pubbie because they still deserve to do/complete content. You want a challenge, go to the raid.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Agreed, if somethings too hard or annoying people just won't do it outside of a verrrry small population. Triple wurm, aether, raids, old orr.

An entire zone like this with personal story and mastery points is a bit much.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

I can't figure out what that face paint thing is. Any ideas? I don't think it's in the Makeover Kit.

Gemstore shop item, might be out of commission right now, dunno. They now even just change regular armor that's up there per season to make things special or some bullshit.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

They should make it piss easy. It's an open world event that needs to be able to work with the lowest common denominator idiot captain shithead pubbie because they still deserve to do/complete content. You want a challenge, go to the raid.

As someone who just completed DS I would argue it isn't exactly piss easy, but dumb moron pubbies are a large part of the difficulty. In short, yes to the above.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

I got distracted by a fractal monster when you asked me but I think it's one of the Mask skins that's basically a scar/facepaint thing, from the gemstore. Check your wardrobe.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

DS is well enough made to where people don't have to be perfect to complete it. as long as they can get their poo poo together they can win.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

It's not even all that difficult mechanics wise...just scales stupidly high.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

A lesson I thought ANet had learned from buttbot was that an event is no fun if everyone loses when one lane fails. They fixed it when they repurposed that mechanic for Vinewrath but appear to have forgotten again between doing Silverwastes and making HoT (a surprisingly common trend with this expansion).

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kenshin posted:

Yeah, I've just not bothered and I think GOON is often up against the member limit, isn't it?

Thankfully the number of returning players was a fraction of what there were when the xpac was announced :psyduck: There was a waitlist briefly just after HoT launch but we have some room now.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Same with sfd, way more people came back when it was announced. When it was released not as many, probably cause of its reception.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Thankfully the number of returning players was a fraction of what there were when the xpac was announced :psyduck: There was a waitlist briefly just after HoT launch but we have some room now.

Oh cool, well I might as well be in both then huh. :)

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SFD please check our forum for pvp team stuff

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Kessel posted:

The leaker who's gotten everything right so far strikes again with info about the WvW overhaul:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uznbc/major_wvw_overhaul_colin_j_ft_e/#s

This is the stupidest poo poo I've ever seen, which is perfectly inline for this expansion so probably real.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Kessel posted:

Updated the map completion rewards for Southsun Cove to better reflect the effort required.
Bye bye, easy exotics :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Axialbloom posted:

e: at least this was buried in the patch. There's hope Lonk.

There have been SAB related assets buried in patches for years now. Anet is just trolling at this point.

• Locked thread