Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wrecked my once here

Wrecked me again here and tried a third time and failed. ( I couldn't fit both into one clip.)

ahhh pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHAkynBAu9Q

God drat pubbies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Told ya'll Forza is realistic.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Next time you make a video, please use this commentary.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm the white car at 01:23 slamming into the right wall.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There will be new DLC next week?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

quote:

Clue One:
It’s easy to assume things can only get better over time, but this is phenomenal.

Clue Two:
It takes a lot to make the competition tremble in this class, but its sounds like the shakes abound over its arrival.

Clue Three:
Was the test of time really thirty minutes or less?

Clue Four:
Dual tanks was not an option but by design.

Clue Five:
Automotive counterpart to A Flock of Seagulls hairdo in bold styling.

Clue Six:
Even adding weight couldn’t stop it from winning.

Clue Seven:
Was it an obsession or a possession?

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Confirmed 6 Cameros and a mil-spec Camero

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The Forza 6 controller is $39.99 at Microsoft Store. It's been going in and out of stock, but I was able to grab one.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Special-Edition-Forza-Motorsport-6-Wireless-Controller/productID.320119900

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really wish I was able to get the Forza 6 Xbox One Edition, I badly wanted that. I am tempted to get that controller.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

L_Harrison posted:

The Forza 6 controller is $39.99 at Microsoft Store. It's been going in and out of stock, but I was able to grab one.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Special-Edition-Forza-Motorsport-6-Wireless-Controller/productID.320119900

Grabbed one of these since my second controller fell in soup a while back.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Has anyone else had issues with online today? It keeps getting stuck on "establishing a connection". So I've been stuck hot lapping today in rivals. I need to get back to career mode so I can unlock the other endurance races.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

I really wish I was able to get the Forza 6 Xbox One Edition, I badly wanted that. I am tempted to get that controller.

The Forza 6 Xbox One is a very dumb thing to own, don't feel too bad about not having it.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 27, 2015

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I ordered a Logitech G920 and it arrived today. My first time using a FFB wheel and it's pretty sweet. But it's like the last six years never happened and I'm playing Forza for the first time again. Any hint of oversteer and I totally stuff it.

Any tips for a first time wheel user?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

WienerDog posted:

I ordered a Logitech G920 and it arrived today. My first time using a FFB wheel and it's pretty sweet. But it's like the last six years never happened and I'm playing Forza for the first time again. Any hint of oversteer and I totally stuff it.

Yeah it took me a few weeks to get used to the wheel and bad oversteer sucks on the wheel. I think I just dropped the feed back by 10-15% after a couple of days to lessen the strain and there's still plenty of feedback.

I drive with the hood cam, racing it gets difficult because there's no way to see side mirrors or look left/right at least with the thrust master. I also played a lot of FH2 with the wheel at first just to drive around without interruptions. Counter steering is more difficult and you can reduce the degrees of rotation, but I've left them at the default.

When I went back to F5, I went to tracks I knew I Was decent at and started chasing my times. When I was able to match them and eclipse them I felt more confident

Using a controller now feels completely alien.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

L_Harrison posted:

They're back in stock, I just got one.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

WienerDog posted:

Pick yourself a low class (low) RWD car with an energetic, revvy engine and good throttle response. Definitely go down a few car classes over what you normally drive. Something with a good/enthusiastic/racy engine so you can get used to using weight transfer midway through corners more by applying right foot, or stabbing left foot to get the nose to dip and give you braking. Remember that keeping your foot in the throttle (even if you feel like you're going too fast) keeps you motivated down the track in the direction you actually intend to go, assuming you're not spinning the tires - so get used to using both feet to drive so you can fully utilize the benefit that pedal setups give you. Slower cars will give you more chances to grab and correct oversteer, they'll feel more like what you're used to driving in real life, and the sensation of applying real world driving knowledge to driving in Forza will come along easier, I think. Slower cars also give you more (non-fatal) leeway to learn from your minor mistakes and how to not do that on the next corner.

I've been driving with wheel only since PGR3, and spending months in Forza 2 driving nothing but D class Sprinter Truenos on the Nordschliefe was some of the most helpful driver training I've ever had.

Start with maybe 270 or 540 degrees wheel rotation or you'll be mystified on how to collect up and fix tankslappers for a long time.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Thanks guys. I will be practicing this weekend.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'd piss around in like an S2000.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I made a little testing video. Got time for C class goon racing tonight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYck7a-GxE

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What do you guys run for brake pressure? I find the trigger to be extremely sensitive. I tune most everything to 60% pressure or else I lock up brakes loving constantly.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
In every Forza up until 6 I used 100%, regardless of controller or wheel.
Now, in 6, I also feel that just touching the left trigger causes the wheels to lock and the nose to dive. After trying settings between 80%-100% I've found that 90% is pretty much a safe setting that I can adjust to in each car quickly with the controller.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

holocaust bloopers posted:

What do you guys run for brake pressure? I find the trigger to be extremely sensitive. I tune most everything to 60% pressure or else I lock up brakes loving constantly.

You can tune brake pressure?

But no really on the controller its pretty good about letting you know when youre gonna lock em up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I always tune brakes to 75-80%. Anything lower and sometimes max pressure doesn't lock up, anything higher and they lock up too fast. The controller tells you when they lock up but that's at maybe 10% of travel by default.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Cubey posted:

The Forza 6 Xbox One is a very dumb thing to own, don't feel too bad about not having it.

No regrets. :colbert:

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008

quote:

Clue Six:
Even adding weight couldn’t stop it from winning.

The only thing comming to my mind would be an Audi A4 quattro Touring Car, that would be pretty sweet.

Word. :respek:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I use 107 almost exclusively. The braking for 6 is radically differant from 4 and 5, you dont use as much of the triggers travel, just light pressure on it. In the same way you dont use all of your brake pedals travel when slowing down for a red light.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The rubber grips on the Forza controller feel really good. The only issue that I have with it is that the bumpers are softer than my stock controller's. It's impossible to lay your fingers against them without clicking them in.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cubey posted:

The wrongest post in the history of wrong posts. Brrmmm BRRRMMMMM

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I use 107 almost exclusively. The braking for 6 is radically differant from 4 and 5, you dont use as much of the triggers travel, just light pressure on it. In the same way you dont use all of your brake pedals travel when slowing down for a red light.

Yes but you do use all the pedal travel when you're trying to stop as quickly as possible for a corner.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New DLC is out now
2015 Koenigsegg One:1
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupé
1990 Chevrolet #30 Douglas Shierson Racing Lola T90/00
1963 Ferrari 250LM
1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
1991 Mazda #62 Mazda Motorsport RX-7
1958 Plymouth Fury

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Is the DLC out for download? Or is the info released? I'm not seeing an update to my game yet.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think it's probably coming with the content update that's out in less than an hour or so.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

I think it's probably coming with the content update that's out in less than an hour or so.

Change Log:

FM.net posted:

December Content Update
CARS
· Various car adjustments, including improvements on cockpit camera position for a number of cars
· Fixed a bug where damage would be applied to the wrong part of the car

AUDIO
· Fixed an issue where voice chat would not work when Forza Motorsport 6 was running in snap mode

DRIVATAR
· Addressed issues that were causing Drivatar cars to dramatically pull away from the field during races
· Fixed an issue where “Drivatar Synch Percentage” was always showing as 0% on Hockenheim, Sonoma, and Monza

FREEPLAY
· Players can now choose car divisions to race against when playing in Freeplay mode

LIVERY/TUNING
· Fixed an issue where downloading a tune from a friend who has deleted that tune would cause the game to crash

MISCELLANEOUS
· Damage tab on telemetry will now show fuel level. Fuel level will be expressed as a percentage of the full tank.
· Players can now choose the language they wish would like to use in the game. In addition, we have added Hebrew and Arabic language support.

In addition to today’s content update, we have also released the Mobil 1 Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6.

Happy that · "Fixed an issue where “Drivatar Synch Percentage” was always showing as 0% on Hockenheim, Sonoma, and Monza" is allegedly fixed.

Hopefully · "Addressed issues that were causing Drivatar cars to dramatically pull away from the field during races" is actually fixed this time too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"Addressed issues that were causing Drivatar cars to dramatically pull away from the field during races"

Thank god, I can go back to playing the career mode now.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cojawfee posted:

Yes but you do use all the pedal travel when you're trying to stop as quickly as possible for a corner.

I don't think you do. The pedal going to the floor usually indicates a failed hydraulic system. I'd say you use about 5 percent of it in normal driving and 30 percent in the craziest of panic stops.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Someone please elaborate what the free play car class update actually does.

Please let me have my blessed GT3 only races.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Someone please elaborate what the free play car class update actually does.

Please let me have my blessed GT3 only races.

It is exactly that. It breaks the cars down into classes like GT3, rally, indy, formula-1, Le Mans, etc.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hail Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

New DLC is out now
1958 Plymouth Fury

http://www.allpar.com/history/christine.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQ41beVcXE

Great loving update all around. Hail Satan!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 2, 2015

• Locked thread