Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/pointbreak/

oh what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's almost certainly gonna be the remake Bodhi just fyi.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

BillmasterCozb posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/85929319030253890

..Point break heist?!

Bohdi himself as a heister?!

FREE SNIPER RIFLE THANKS TO THE BLACK MARKET UPDATE?! :vince:

Well this isn't something I was expecting.

weekly font posted:

The disappointment, however...

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I will say that unless I'm mistaken at least one of the maps looks like a completely new environment (I think I spied the car shop in the second, but the plane stuff could be cool)

This will probably be cool.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just from the flashes, the heists look extremely dope.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I haven't been following the drama because lol I'm an adult; is there a specific reason why Bodhi sound repair stopped updating or is it just impotent whining over a pet cause?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Gosh, zoidberg, wouldn't you some of this looks very familiar?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, we've already got not-Keanu, now we'll have not-Swayze, we just need not-Busey and not-....who the gently caress else was in that movie? Anthony Kiedis was in it, I know that. Right, so, a fake Chili Pepper and we've got the Not The Real Point Break Cast.

The heists themselves do seem pretty good, though, but that's probably just some hype.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

weekly font posted:

Just from the flashes, the heists look extremely dope.

Yeah I'm ready to replay Mile High Club except with crime.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

weekly font posted:

At least I'm not paying money for not-Swayze.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If one of the achievements/challenges isn't a Motley Crew reference Overkill is dead and dumb.

Wait, they're remaking point break? But I had a whole new thread title. Payday 2: I have achieved enlightenment through the Megadeath of Cops.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 1, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Motley Crue was contracted to make the theme for Payday 2 but it was rejected because it was just Sixx saying "Payday" over and over again.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

Wait, they're remaking point break?

Yeah. I'm usually not one to get worked up over remakes (not even Robocop like a lot of people did), but this one looks particularly boring.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
good update good contractor good death vox intro good job overkill seriously two thumbs way up 👍👍

also the comments from salty motherfuckers are mega lol

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

weekly font posted:

That we're not getting Point Break Patrick Swayze in a game that features a playable John Wick Keanu Reeves is CRIMINAL.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah. I'm usually not one to get worked up over remakes (not even Robocop like a lot of people did), but this one looks particularly boring.

Blegh, new Bodhi is just a hector wannabe. They'll probably even use the same VO for him they did for the rat.

This is not the Patrick Swazye Christmas I was initially hoping for. :(

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 1, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Well if the drills did anything they made the dlcs much better. it's seven bones now for the character pack plus the two heists where before it'd probably be seven for each plus five for the character. :shrug:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

The new heists look awesome, and the new heister should include a new weapons (the sniper rifle, the Jericho Pistol, some sort of melee weapon) and a perk deck, perhaps? The music seemed pretty good too.

If overkill is going to leverage every new movie that deals with crime (or heists), for some reason I feel okay with this.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Grapplejack posted:

Well if the drills did anything they made the dlcs much better. it's seven bones now for the character pack plus the two heists where before it'd probably be seven for each plus five for the character. :shrug:

I hope they attribute every update to the Black Market Update, just to maximize salt generation.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thats a polymer frame Jericho and according to IMFDB thats what Bohdi carries.

Because of the movie tie-in I wonder if they actually liscensed the guns likeness from IWI as opposed to just doing a look-alike as with the rest of the guns in Payday.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's actually really, really funny how angry these people are over the single sentence "Thanks to the Black Market update." I don't give a gently caress about not-Swayze but people have been asking for a free sniper rifle forever and we're getting one. Now all we need to round it out is a free grenade, because those throwing cards are hot garbage. The maps are like, whatever, they've always been not the greatest value if you didn't like whatever masks or gun they came packaged with.

Here's a breakdown of what's coming, courtesy of the Starbreeze press release.

quote:

POINT BREAK DLC – $6.99

2 new heists – Beneath the Mountain & Birth of Sky
10 new achievements – 5 for each heist
A new pistol secondary weapon
Four melee weapons
6 new songs added- 2 all-new heist themes composed Simon Viklund, and 4 menu themes from the Point Break soundtrack – http://smarturl.it/PointBreak.
New contact – Locke
4 masks

Bodhi Character Pack DLC – FREE

Bodhi – a new playable character
A new sniper rifle primary weapon
A new melee weapon
A new perk deck featuring 9 perks
2 new masks

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Well. I can't be disappointed by that. It sounds like a great DLC pack for a reasonable price and a free update to boot.

Bets on time to a Bodhi kicking macro like Wick had?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I already go pubbing with skins on and I rarely get kicked, but when I do it's usually the instant I join the lobby. Only one time, I got kicked at the end of a heist as we finished and boy that was really petty and stupid.

I just can't wait to be the kick target trifecta of being Bodhi, 25-100 and using a paid skin but speaking from experience it's entirely overblown just like every other childish boycott that isn't "stop playing the game."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

I already go pubbing with skins on and I rarely get kicked, but when I do it's usually the instant I join the lobby. Only one time, I got kicked at the end of a heist as we finished and boy that was really petty and stupid.

I just can't wait to be the kick target trifecta of being Bodhi, 25-100 and using a paid skin but speaking from experience it's entirely overblown just like every other childish boycott that isn't "stop playing the game."

Change your steam name to be John Wick, Professional Heister and get a four-for-one deal.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Baiting the #kickthewick lot to join my lobby, with a script to make everybody who joined appear as Wick was hilarious, and I still really wish I saved the reactions people had to it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I still have a John Wick-themed name because of fun I had during the Kick the Wick era playing as John Wick.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Drewjitsu posted:

The new heists look awesome, and the new heister should include a new weapons (the sniper rifle, the Jericho Pistol, some sort of melee weapon) and a perk deck, perhaps? The music seemed pretty good too.

If overkill is going to leverage every new movie that deals with crime (or heists), for some reason I feel okay with this.

John Wick was about heisting? I thought that was just revenge and action. I wonder if people went to Starbreeze or they went after asking for a tie in with this film.

Hopefully Ramirez can be rounded out by Danny Trejo because goddamn it he was in Heat.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Crabtree posted:

John Wick was about heisting? I thought that was just revenge and action. I wonder if people went to Starbreeze or they went after asking for a tie in with this film.

Hopefully Ramirez can be rounded out by Danny Trejo because goddamn it he was in Heat.

John Wick is the character for people who just want to shootcop all day, which is why he's the best character.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Shima Honnou posted:

John Wick is the character for people who just want to shootcop all day, which is why he's the best character.

You have ONE objective and you better do it right.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this needs to be a goonmod mutator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_uoayfrDg

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Seriously though, if there this into cross-promotion, why not a Reservoir Dogs heist? Come full circle and have an officially sponsored HEAT map (with heister!) etc.

That would be loving fantastic.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Probably because neither of those are upcoming movie releases.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
If Kill Bill were made now instead of over a decade ago The Bride would have been the first heister with a sword instead of Jiro.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Can we even call the Payday gang a crew of heisters anymore? We're just a mercenary specops team now.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shima Honnou posted:

If Kill Bill were made now instead of over a decade ago The Bride would have been the first heister with a sword instead of Jiro.

Oh man, a Kill Bill heist would be amazing. I think we'd all know what would happen if stealth breaks :allears:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm pretty pumped about this Payday update but dang that Point Break remake looks hella-bland. But still, the heists! :swoon:

Also a free sniper rifle for non-DLC-havers is cool and good.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
If x360 loud mission is ff3. and Xb1 is dockyard what is the pc one? In suits.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Who wants reddit tears?

quote:

I'm kind of confused here. I haven't been following all of this drama so much, but haven't you guys been complaining about things like this costing money? Like what the gently caress is everybody complaining about here? Somebody correct me please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
That guy who calls the COP pack "totally-not-a-donation" is pretty confused because at no point did the COP ever bill itself as anything but "you are spending more money than you should to get some glitzy masks because you like what we do", the ~*secret gift*~ was only announced near the end of the hypetrain event. The whole point was that it was essentially a donation!!