Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Xibanya posted:

GOD Surface is so much better than Echoes.

It really is. I feel like Araki wanted Echoes to hatch in its own standalone chapters so that the next encounter wasn't really busy, but I think Koichi should've had Echoes from the outset instead of that egg or received it during a supporting role before moving on to have his own solo encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

You should do updates however you'd like but yeah, I think Echoes is legitimately one of the few parts that drags and for the most part it just keeps picking up steam as you go so I dunno. I definitely prefer written since I'm often reading at a time when clicking a video isn't convenient but I'd still do it for this! :)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Maybe you should just scrap some of the less important chapters, your call after reading through them. Imagine doing this for Part 3 and having to go indepth on 4 chapters of Wheel of Fortune or Dark Blue Moon.
I really like it when you break down the artwork and panel layout and there hasn't been anything in the latest chapters to examine them.

As for switching to an audio it kind of sounds like that's more work to put these out I dunno.

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 1, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Imagine doing this for Part 3 and having to go indepth on 4 chapters of Dark Blue Moon.

That was a month of manga?! :psyduck:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Actually, Dark Blue Moon was only 3 chapters.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Silver2195 posted:

Actually, Dark Blue Moon was only 3 chapters.

That's still 3/4 of a month just for Deep Blue Moon.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Was it like, Week 1: "Jotaro pulls sick nasty trick to reveal Captain Dagon," Week 2: "Jotaro dunks Dagon but gets dunked himself," Week 3: "Jotaro pulls sick one-liner and defeats the foe with his cool superpowers?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's fine, its not like there are any fights that took a year and a half plus (not counting hiatus) with another year or so to wait for the translations of it later on in the series.

*nervous laughter*

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's fine, its not like there are any fights that took a year and a half plus (not counting hiatus) with another year or so to wait for the translations of it later on in the series.

So Jojo invented Bleach too?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

*nervous laughter*

To be fair, that's probably the best part of the arc. I can imagine it was torture at the time but reading it through completed it's some fantastic JoJo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alcharagia posted:

So Jojo invented Bleach too?

Kubo and Araki certainly share a love of fashion.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I was describing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to my mother recently and I discovered how difficult it is that there are currently three characters who are referred to as Jojo, two of whom are present at the same time, so I've worked out a system for talking about Jojo's to people who've never heard of it. Jonathan is Jonathan, Joseph is Grandpa Jojo, and Jotaro is the coat guy.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

This is about the time where the nickname "JoJo" stops being used, incidentally.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

This is about the time where the nickname "JoJo" stops being used, incidentally.

And the series has suffered greatly for it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

mabels big day posted:

And the series has suffered greatly for it.

Definitely. Goodbye 'JoJo' :(

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sono Chi No Sadame, Jooooootaro Kujo!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Definitely. Goodbye 'JoJo' :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxXvKnuZ7s

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That was the joke ;)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

That was the joke ;)

it's my favorite scene in all of part 1, i've decided

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It is one of the coolest parts of Part 1 by far, yeah.

It's really weird trying to go through Phantom Blood a second time though, I realised. First time was fine, and it was cool and it seemed like everyone was really underselling it. Second time, it just feels so... I don't know, slow and not as good? Battle Tendency is more than rewatchable/rereadable at least.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the pacing in the tarkus and blueford fight is absolutely glacial

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

For me

Jonathan = JoJo

Joseph = Joseph/Mr. Joestar

Every Other JJBA Protagonist = Their first name

alcharagia posted:

the pacing in the tarkus and blueford fight is absolutely glacial

Yeah, it took three episodes to beat them both, didn't it?

Even Wamuu didn't get that long of a fight.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Even Wamuu didn't get that long of a fight.

and he was way cooler

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Xib: Do whatever format you like! Just know that more Let's Read Part 4 is always good in my books.

alcharagia: you remind me of me when I first witnessed Jojo. Never stop doing this.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Deltasquid posted:

alcharagia: you remind me of me when I first witnessed Jojo. Never stop doing this.

yare yare...

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

I was describing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to my mother recently and I discovered how difficult it is that there are currently three characters who are referred to as Jojo, two of whom are present at the same time, so I've worked out a system for talking about Jojo's to people who've never heard of it. Jonathan is Jonathan, Joseph is Grandpa Jojo, and Jotaro is the coat guy.

My friends' takeaway from "there are many JoJos" was "everyone in JoJo is a JoJo" which made things extremely confusing so eventually most dropped the entire JoJo thing and went with "the hunk who wears the big chain" and "the hunk with the big hair" and so on

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

My friends' takeaway from "there are many JoJos" was "everyone in JoJo is a JoJo" which made things extremely confusing so eventually most dropped the entire JoJo thing and went with "the hunk who wears the big chain" and "the hunk with the big hair" and so on

teen heartthrob jotaro kujo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
it's time for the joestarty to face off against their newest foe, lanky kong

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

There was a video like this on Youtube with the person calling Polnareff "Disco Jojo".

Despite their confusion on how the show went, they somehow got most of Part 1 - 3's plot right. :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
he can have a stand
when he needs to
and stretch his arms out
just for you

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
YAMI WO KIRISAKU OH RANGUTAN

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There was a video like this on Youtube with the person calling Polnareff "Disco Jojo".
When my Polnareff figure came in there was a lot of confusion with one of my friends over how a man that 'old' would have mega muscles in very specific areas while simultaneously looking emaciated

Pol's SAS is like all chest and arms

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
wait, oh man, is strength the entire ship

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The good Stands haven't even got started yet

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
it's a good thing the narrator can speak orangutan

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
he has no style
he has no grace
this kong
has a pedo face

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
impale himself
on star fingers two
this crazy kong
just digs this tune

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Star Fingers is such an asspull and Araki should feel ashamed

(I don't mean that)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
"want some gum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Star Fingers is such an asspull and Araki should feel ashamed

It is kind of an asspull, though, considering that Jotaro uses it to beat Dark Blue Moon and Strength and then it never comes up again.

At least the anime added a filler scene of Jotaro using it in a later fight.

• Locked thread