Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

the iphone absolutely does not need to get thinner

remember before iphone came out phones were all trying to compete on size while becoming shittier and shittier to use because the small sized looked great but meant everything else sucked (razr) until stebe went 'gently caress that noise lets compete on functionality instead'

well that apple died from the cancer too and started competing on dimensions again and now iphone 6 is both too big and too skinny to comfortably use with one hand without a case gently caress you timb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

wrong fucko

"it's really thin! it's thinner than any smartphone out there"

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Nov 29, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Steve always wanted to make things thinner and he practiced what he preached

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

looks like the cancer hosed up his brain long before it killed him

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the man with cancer got thin lmao!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Last Chance posted:

the man with cancer got thin lmao!
it's true, even people with eminently treatable cancer who decide to use actual effective treatment methods still tend to become quite thin. not many people realize this

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm looking forward to apple making legacy 3.5mm headphone jacks obsolete

in a year or two they'll even be able to remove it from the macbook :unsmith:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
a phone with no plugs or buttons would be good. its what ive wanted sincew io leart of inductive epicness with my Nexus 4!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you should be like that dyper who shrink-wrapped his phone and stuck some styofoam to it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

you should be like that dyper who shrink-wrapped his phone and stuck some styofoam to it

why should I be like that guy? Do you think he had a good idea?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Smythe posted:

why should I be like that guy? Do you think he had a good idea?

no, but you bought an android so you've already made one bad decision!!!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the next headphones will be wireless and use lightning for charging only

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

there better be a lightning DAC cause I just bought a $250 pair of earbuds

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

on the off chance stymie is right, there will almost certainly be lightning to aux/headphone adapters.

which is annoying and why i doubt it will happen

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
what if you want to charge headphones and pencil at the same time? crappled again

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The range on most wireless headphones is horrible but I guess that's not a problem for a phone where it's probably never going to be further than like 10 feet. Still aren't the transmitters for wireless headphones a little more power-consuming than regular headphones. Especially if they use Bluetooth. Won't that make the battery life shittier.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Larry Parrish posted:

The range on most wireless headphones is horrible but I guess that's not a problem for a phone where it's probably never going to be further than like 10 feet. Still aren't the transmitters for wireless headphones a little more power-consuming than regular headphones. Especially if they use Bluetooth. Won't that make the battery life shittier.

they've had low power bluetooth for like 3 years now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bluetooth is buggy as hell and sucks. this is 1 arena i would be glad to see apple roll out some fucktarded proprietary wireless communication protocol.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
the new headphnes will be a tiny tuned magnet that u stick right into ur ear and then its jiggled by emf radiations from ur telephono

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

computer parts posted:

they've had low power bluetooth for like 3 years now

bluetooth low energy is only for intermittently sending small packets of a few kilobytes at most, streaming audio still needs the full power version

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

that's why if you have any bluetooth headphones or speakers or whatever that advertise bluetooth 4.0 compatibility is probably just deceptive marketing, because 4.0 is literally just 3.1 + low energy

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
bt audio seems buggy in a way I can't quite reproduce reliably - like, sometimes things will sound off because they're coming through the bt source at a lower pitch or play slower or cut out intermittently

i think apple could probably figure out how to make it decent b/c it might just be a lovely bt stack at work

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dect headphones are the future

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
they're probably removing the headphone jack in an attempt to prop up beats headphone sales in addition to making the phone inadvisably thinner

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

every 2 years tim cook shaves another millimeter off his lover's cock as a tribute to steve's vision

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
just picked up my Apple TV and iPad proe. it is safe to say that timb has done it again

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i have a question for you all

if given the chance, would you bring back stebe for a day if it meant tcook had to die?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i have a question for you all

if given the chance, would you bring back stebe for a day if it meant tcook had to die?

Would tim cook be removed from the time stream so that he never existed?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

no

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Would tim cook be removed from the time stream so that he never existed?

no, like there's a button and if you push it, stebe appears (healthy) and is like "hello, it's me stebe" and tim cook slumps over dead at the same time

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Beast of Bourbon posted:

no, like there's a button and if you push it, stebe appears (healthy) and is like "hello, it's me stebe" and tim cook slumps over dead at the same time

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

i would possibly charge my ipod classic (160GB!!!) if I didnt have spotify

i wouldnt put any new music on it but just listen to the playlists i made years ago

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

neonbregna posted:

just picked up my Apple TV and iPad proe. it is safe to say that timb has done it again

now if only we could get him to stop doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It seems like it's a real pos

• Locked thread