Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

raditts posted:

Nintendo accounts have been a thing for a couple of years now, in the form of NNIDs. The NNIDs can only be bound to one 3DS and one Wii U at any given time, but the purchases are linked to the NNID.

At some point they're going to replace NNIDs with a new system called - wait for it - "Nintendo Account."

Nintendo just opened registration for Nintendo Accounts today for anybody in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Club Nintendo 2.0, can't wait to get my free $10 VC game and a set of posters after spending $600 in a year

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Not a Children posted:

Club Nintendo 2.0, can't wait to get my free $10 VC game and a set of posters after spending $600 in a year

Let's all have faith in Kimishima-san

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Not a Children posted:

Well, I mean, I was probably going to spend that money anyway, so getting a VC game out of it might be a nice bonus? :shrug: But lol if you intentionally spend more money than you planned to just to get some "free" kitsch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well right off the bat it looks like Nintendo Account offers the old 10% cashback on digital purchases, so you'd also get 60 dollars along with the vc game and posters.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I made hundreds of dollars selling my Club Nintendo stuff all by doing what I would be doing anyways. Losing Club Nintendo sucks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well right off the bat it looks like Nintendo Account offers the old 10% cashback on digital purchases, so you'd also get 60 dollars along with the vc game and posters.

I wonder if they'll start putting including codes with physical games again or if it'll be just for digital sales now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder if they'll start putting including codes with physical games again or if it'll be just for digital sales now.

It sounds like the old Nintendo Digital Deluxe Promotion program for early adopters with the 32GB SKU they had and that was digital only for the benefits.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

Or if they hadn't switched to a chibi art style which serious core gamers are apparently allergic to.

It doesn't look "chibi", it looks like a low-budget french-canadian CGI cartoon, that's the issue. I don't think this is a Wind Waker scenario where people are hating on it just for looking "kiddy" or whatever, it's seriously uninteresting to look at.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It doesn't look "chibi", it looks like a low-budget french-canadian CGI cartoon, that's the issue. I don't think this is a Wind Waker scenario where people are hating on it just for looking "kiddy" or whatever, it's seriously uninteresting to look at.

Well I mean Next Level is based in Vancouver, so that's not too far off the mark actually.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine why a spin off of a franchise without a good game in a decade is getting hate. Maybe it's the art style?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

They look like off-brand Lego minifigs.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Nah that's too simple. You gotta also register your products by an arbitrary date, and then complete a survey by a second, but different, arbitrary date for each one. Then redeem your points by another arbitrary date. gently caress you if you miss any of those steps.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pomp posted:

I can't imagine why a spin off of a franchise without a good game in a decade is getting hate. Maybe it's the art style?

It's because fans are dumb. I understand the disappointment, but I can't sympathize with the people who lost their minds, especially since they probably also went apeshit over Tropical Freeze's announcement.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 2, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Well I mean Next Level is based in Vancouver, so that's not too far off the mark actually.

Its further off the mark than any east coast american city. Is this guy serious? Does he know where French canada is?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Austrian mook posted:

Its further off the mark than any east coast american city. Is this guy serious? Does he know where French canada is?

IKR, he even pronounces Vancouver in French (with an accent grave on the e)

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

less laughter posted:

IKR, he even pronounces Vancouver in French (with an accent grave on the e)

Dont speak that French to my innocent, virgin, english ears

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Australia isnt English anymore

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

epitasis posted:

It also isn't Austria

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

epitasis posted:

That's not even my name

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Australian mook posted:

That's not even my name

ummmmm

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Lets just get back to talking about games... jesus christ

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Nintendo now has Wii Party U on their refurbished site. I heard good things about it?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shadow225 posted:

Nintendo now has Wii Party U on their refurbished site. I heard good things about it?

It's better than Mario Party 10 imo so there's that. The tablet only games are kinda cool too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Shadow225 posted:

It's pretty good and fun, makes good use of the gamepad.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

wii party u has the balldozer, I enjoy pushing balls with my bros

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I am thinking of buying xenogears after Christmas and I need a HDD since my Wii U is full of splatoon and Mario Kart. where do I find a decent HHD that works with the system.

EDIT: the link on the OP is dead for the HDD.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just want to mention that Xenoblade Chronicles X is the best game that Nintendo has released in well over a year and it uses zero amiibos and the second screen is just a menu and the menus could have been regulated to normal RPG menus. The game needed no hardware gimmicks to excel beyond all expectations.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
finally, a good use of amiibos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpWMCCFmp-k

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Wii U General Discussion - just buy a western digital

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

noirstronaut posted:

Wii U General Discussion - just buy a western digital

You know some rear end in a top hat is going to buy a Seagate because it's going to be cheaper and then complain that the drive shits the bed 3 weeks in.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i'll change that guys avatar, he better watch the gently caress out

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey hi I know all you guys said buy a western digital hard drive but hard drives seemed more expensive than USB sticks and I found this 64 gig seagate USB for $9.99 which seemed like a really good deal. At first it played Xenoblade Chronicles X fine but now it can't seem to find the data packs anymore when I'm loading the game. Is there some official first party Nintendo hard drive or USB stick that I can use instead?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the shulk amiibo should unlock the boobs slider

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just want to mention that Xenoblade Chronicles X is the best game that Nintendo has released in well over a year and it uses zero amiibos and the second screen is just a menu and the menus could have been regulated to normal RPG menus. The game needed no hardware gimmicks to excel beyond all expectations.

I pre-ordered it, along with 8 other games. :grin:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

epitasis posted:

the shulk amiibo should unlock the boobs slider

Speaking of what does the Shulk amiibo do for X? Anything?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of what does the Shulk amiibo do for X? Anything?

There's zero amiibo functions, it's amiibo free.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
you can pretend it unlocks his voice as an option in character creation even though that's there to begin with.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's zero amiibo functions, it's amiibo free.

Taint Reaper doesn't need to troll when Nintendo trolls us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Not a Children posted:

bring back the tote bags

• Locked thread