Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys
I would like to see a mod that automatically equips clothing (or guns, whatever) chosen by the player as soon as you assign a settler to a task. Most of us organize them with hats/clothes anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kea posted:

Yet again I have never come across this explosives only problem playing on very hard.

Me either, if anything they just shrug off explosives on survival easily enough they should just add in a Mask-like animation of the raiders swallowing the grenades comically.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Inverness posted:

I think that's more of a bug actually. AFAIK the ammo in an enemy's inventory is all your supposed to get. That picking up a gun on the ground yields you a full magazine of ammo when taking it from their inventory doesn't is an oversight.

It feels almost like cheating to do that.

I suspect the ammo from picked up guns is a very deliberate design decision to allow NPCs to use stuff on the ground without requiring that they have the correct ammo already. That the player gets ammo in the same fashion might be an oversight, but it's just as easily bypassed by ordering your companion to pick up the gun. I don't think they want to limit how companions pick up guns either, as it's one of the few things they can do without player prompting.

At the end of the day I don't think Bethesda really gives a poo poo, there are easier ways to break the game. I agree it leads to a lot of tedious bullshit if you're trying to min-max though, especially in the early game where you don't have much in the way of ammo reserves.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

LumberingTroll posted:

there are a couple mods that are expanding them on the nexus already, check those.

with MO2, anyone else getting this error message when opening it?

"failed to initialize plugin C:/Mod Organizer/Fallout4/Plugins/pyCfg.py An unexpected C++ exception was thrown in python code"

Yeah, safe to ignore. Also FYI MO2 is not really ready for prime time. Still missing 32 bit EXE support, I've had issues where it didn't filter my ESP mods correctly (ie. missing ESP files), and so on.

I'm sticking with NMM until MO hits release candidate at least.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Inverness posted:

I think that's more of a bug actually. AFAIK the ammo in an enemy's inventory is all your supposed to get. That picking up a gun on the ground yields you a full magazine of ammo when taking it from their inventory doesn't is an oversight.

It feels almost like cheating to do that.

How does this feel like cheating? Even if it wasn't intentional, it seems like an accurate depiction of how guns work.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Skandranon posted:

How does this feel like cheating? Even if it wasn't intentional, it seems like an accurate depiction of how guns work.

goons, goons never changes

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

DONT DO IT posted:

I would like to see a mod that automatically equips clothing (or guns, whatever) chosen by the player as soon as you assign a settler to a task. Most of us organize them with hats/clothes anyway.

I saw a mod that sort of did this, but it required running a bat in the console each time you assigned a guy. It'll take getting the GECK so we can get our own scripts and menus and dialog stuff into the game to properly integrate the functionality.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Skandranon posted:

Yeah, to me it seems about right. When you start out, having to sit there and manually salvage every bullet from enemy guns adds to the scrabble for survival feel.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Skandranon posted:

If anything, the bug is that you don't get the gun's ammo if you loot it from the body. This could be fixed with a script, though, so when you looted a weapon from an 'untouched' corpse you get a random (0 - mag size) amount of ammo plus whatever is already there.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Hammerstein posted:

Thanks for this.

I had no idea that you could simply replace a property, e.g. weight into speed. Cause originally I tried to make a high rof minigun weeks ago and was stuck when I couldn't find out how to change the speed.
Yeah, there isn't really a working property adder in xedit at the moment so i just replaced the factor that wouldn't be glaringly missed (most often weight) into a new modifier that also uses float (since new parameters you make must always be in int and finding the int value of the float you want is hilarious to say the least)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

E: also with your permission I'd like to incorporate wholesale your modification edits in your weapon rebalance mod. I likely wouldn't change much, hence the reason I'm asking. I would of course also give credit too.

e2: I made more changes than I thought, the result is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/
no need for permission or credit, I've modded since the Doom days and have no care for recognition

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So you get ammo if an enemy dies and you find their gun physically sitting on the ground and you grab it there, but you don't get ammo if you interact with the body and take the gun straight from its inventory?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gestalt Intellect posted:

So you get ammo if an enemy dies and you find their gun physically sitting on the ground and you grab it there, but you don't get ammo if you interact with the body and take the gun straight from its inventory?

Correct

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

See, this sucks in cases where the ammo for the gun is limited by design.. like say the Alien Blaster.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

LumberingTroll posted:

F4SE is out!
http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Im still messing with this current list of mods for the OP, hopefully I'll get it updated today.

Here is a Perk point per level mod, someone was asking for it earlier. (requires F4SE)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3938/

Edit:

Mod Organizer 2 is out.
https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

Cheers mate, that was I.

Amstrad posted:

See, this sucks in cases where the ammo for the gun is limited by design.. like say the Alien Blaster.

I am sure the ammo reloading benches allow you tio make alien ammo.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Amstrad posted:

You can mod it to use Fusion Cells so its nbd really.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

that's wrong, you still get the ammo from doing that as well

just collecting the gun at all gives you bonus bullets

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
Is there anything that can change Cigarettes and Pre-War Money from Junk items to Aid items? They're way more useful staying in my inventory to sell than they are sitting around waiting to be crafted.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Redjakk posted:

Is there anything that can change Cigarettes and Pre-War Money from Junk items to Aid items? They're way more useful staying in my inventory to sell than they are sitting around waiting to be crafted.

There is a mod out already that makes money not junk, don't know of anything for cigarette but one imagines if the money mod is possible one could do the same for cigs.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3226/

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

There is a mod out already that makes money not junk, don't know of anything for cigarette but one imagines if the money mod is possible one could do the same for cigs.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3226/

Oh thanks, that mod is super simple. I should be able to modify it for what I need no problem.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

What am I missing to be able to do this?

http://gfycat.com/CourteousFrailChrysomelid

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

God damnit, now I'll have to hunt around for the gun on the ground. Thanks Obama! :argh:

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

What am I missing to be able to do this?

http://gfycat.com/CourteousFrailChrysomelid

Nothing, they are just disabling items with the console, open the console window, click an item and type disable.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I can't do that though, I can't select that stuff.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Redjakk posted:

Oh thanks, that mod is super simple. I should be able to modify it for what I need no problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b87cwn6v8mf4nfm/moneycigsnotjunk.esp?dl=0

This should do the trick.

Made with FO4Edit of course.

Pwnstar posted:

I can't do that though, I can't select that stuff.

Not sure, I think a lot of that stuff is set as Static which AFAIK means you cant console command disable it, not sure why this guy can. I was working on a mod to clean up some of the settlements but its a ton of work.

Kea fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 2, 2015

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Kea posted:

I was working on a mod to clean up some of the settlements but its a ton of work.

Anyone who can force those settlers to pick up a Goddamn broom for once is a saint.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Roadie posted:

Anyone who can force those settlers to pick up a Goddamn broom for once is a saint.

I was going to find what people wanted removing then making an esp that when loaded would make the places cleaner, theres allreay a mod that lets oyu scrap some of this stuff but it apparently causes issues with the cell resetting, this SHOULDN'T be a problem with what I have in mind.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Gyshall posted:

Still missing 32 bit EXE support, I've had issues where it didn't filter my ESP mods correctly (ie. missing ESP files), and so on.

32bit support is pointless considering you have to have a 64bit os to even run fallout 4.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Kea posted:

I was going to find what people wanted removing then making an esp that when loaded would make the places cleaner, theres allreay a mod that lets oyu scrap some of this stuff but it apparently causes issues with the cell resetting, this SHOULDN'T be a problem with what I have in mind.

Yeah, scrap scrap, the cell reset was a side problem, the biggest problem was it messed up power armor/fusion cells.
For the stuff to scrap list : skeletons, bushes of any sort, hedges, perhaps stuff we have build can be scrapped for a 1:1 value, for instance turrets, generators, water pumps and so on, those glitchy bollards in the starlight drive in, whatever modder made garvey white, corpses for bones, (perhaps affected by cannibalism perk), the list is long and ardous.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

By default, only ~1% of monsters are actually eligible to be legendary (rarity factor 1). This mod basically raises that cap to almost 100% (rarity factor 0.01)

So you may have two or more legendaries per enemy group! Note: This doesn't affect whether a legendary will spawn in the first place, there's another mod for that.

I've also included a completely untested esp that sets the rarity factor to 0. This may cause a legendary singularity. You have been warned.

100x: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/legendary_spawning_eligibility_x100.esp
Uncapped: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/legendary_spawning_eligibility_uncapped.esp

Playing with the uncapped at the moment, My god this is fun, I have a couple of companions : shaun and diana, and this rebalances things.

also trying the pewpew rebalance thing too, looking great so far, I have died a bit more often, so its probably working as intended.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 2, 2015

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

LumberingTroll posted:

32bit support is pointless considering you have to have a 64bit os to even run fallout 4.
Fo4Edit is 32-bit and I'm sure so are most other tools at the moment

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wearable messenger bag that adds carry capacity: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3965/

Kind of neat, but it uses the wedding ring slot which is weird.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Threep posted:

Fo4Edit is 32-bit and I'm sure so are most other tools at the moment

So? this doesnt matter at all. the only reason to have MO in 32bit as a requirement would be for people that dont have a 64bit OS, but you have ato have 64bit os to even play Fo4 so it doesnt matter, it only matters for the older bethesda games, and those people can just use the older version

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
A mod for Jetpacking around without having to wear clunky OP Power armor~
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

I too wish the game actually allowed your settlers to do ANY DANG THING on their own. Ah well, mods of the future'll save us.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Can someone remove the stupid stripes from the Anchorage haircut?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
So this was incredibly tedious but this esp should make hangmans alley a less rubble filled place to chill. Standard warning, use at your own risk etc, doe not remove anything, just effects where stuff is placed, placing any rubble well below the ground (hoping this prevents weird cell refreshing) Tested and reversible (just dont load the mod) But yeah, massive pain in the backside to go through and remove things individually (Hangmans alley is called FensRaiderCamp or something to that effect just to make it REALLY EASY to find)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1l5wyhshrouae7/cleanerhangman.esp?dl=0

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

that's wrong, you still get the ammo from doing that as well

just collecting the gun at all gives you bonus bullets

You don't even have to pick it up. Going into the Transfer menu on the corpse does the ammo transfer from the weapon(s) they were using.

EDIT: Not quite. You get some this way but not as much as when you physically pick it up. Guessing it's so companions and enemies can always pick up a weapon and use it.

Nova Odin fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 2, 2015

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

LumberingTroll posted:

So? this doesnt matter at all. the only reason to have MO in 32bit as a requirement would be for people that dont have a 64bit OS, but you have ato have 64bit os to even play Fo4 so it doesnt matter, it only matters for the older bethesda games, and those people can just use the older version

MO needs 32-bit support so your 32-bit modding tools like FO4Edit can be launched through MO and see your virtualized data folder. MO is still going to be a 64-bit application and require a 64-bit operating system to run.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
To go alongside the cleanup hangman mod heres one to triple the allowable building height. Warning this can apparently cause cell reset issues where power armor stored here screws up, this is just what I have heard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36zq2m7u757ubwo/tallerhangman.esp?dl=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kea posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b87cwn6v8mf4nfm/moneycigsnotjunk.esp?dl=0

This should do the trick.

Made with FO4Edit of course.

Sweet. Thanks.