Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Rusty Shackelford posted:

I like the League, but I just wish they would have formed & debuted 8 days earlier. Imagine if after Reigns beat Ambrose, Barrett, Del Rio & Rusev attacked Reigns until Sheamus came out and cashed in.

Yeah it would be awesome if WWE was able to plan storylines more than a week in advance, I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
That would be assuming they had the idea before now. Besides, 3 out of the 4 of them were already teaming together. Del Rio just joined in.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hey WWE put me on your Fan Council so I can tell you that Roman Reigns sucks and that Big E should be Champion. tia

Was there any truth to that line that HHH pushed for Roman as the next big thing, and Vince wanted Big E?

Vince Was Right.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
League of Nations seems like a stable designed to self destruct during the Rumble build, probably with one person in the group going face.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Was there any truth to that line that HHH pushed for Roman as the next big thing, and Vince wanted Big E?

Vince Was Right.
Other way around, I'm pretty sure.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sigma posted:

League of Nations seems like a stable designed to self destruct during the Rumble build, probably with one person in the group going face.

Face Barrett coming in, "I'm afraid I've got some good news!!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Intruder posted:

A de facto world governing body dominated by white Europeans, I'm not sure how that's inaccurate :v:

Fair point.

If they had any interest in bringing him up though, Samoa Joe would be another good addition since I can't see any of the other Samoans turning heel right now.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 1, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Amazon lightning sale has a Hulk Hogan autographed picture for the low low price of $99.99 that's only 10 months of the network! Get it quick before it's sold out, dudes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Amazon lightning sale has a Hulk Hogan autographed picture for the low low price of $99.99 that's only 10 months of the network! Get it quick before it's sold out, dudes.

Signed and authenticated by Steiner Sports

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Endless Mike posted:

He had it right

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Luigi Thirty posted:

Signed and authenticated by Steiner Sports

Mr. Steiner was quoted as saying "YEAH I SAW IT YOU CALLIN ME A LIAR?!"

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Hace posted:

He had it right

Vince has a thing for big, muscled black dudes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

AMReese posted:

Vince has a thing for big, muscled black dudes.

Not enough to push them over a certain level, though.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ice cream is being served in catering.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Man, I miss the JBL and Cole Show back when it was good.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

triplexpac posted:

Not enough to push them over a certain level, though.

They tried with lashley, in every terrible way

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

That's who I was referring to. If a "certain level" is headlining WrestleMania, then that seems okay.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Hace posted:

They tried with lashley, in every terrible way

Ahmed Johnson was 10 years before Lashley, and he was definitely on that path until he got hurt.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I wonder what would have happened with Lashley if he hadn't got hurt/Michael Hayes wasn't a huge racist.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
e) whoops

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, everything I heard was that Vince wanted Big E for a big push but Trips sold him on Roman. I hate Trips, but hell, he was right. Not racist.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Has Lashley gotten any better over the past ten years?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Has Lashley gotten any better over the past ten years?

What little I've seen of him has been good in the ring. Still can't talk for poo poo though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Isn't he better off punching cans to death in Bellator anyway?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I saw lashley debut live

Then I watched him make Simon Dean eat thirty burgers on the television

Bobby Lindsay rules

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Am I wrong in thinking the League of Nations, (filthy foreigners), is a thing to give Cena, (YAY USA), a bumch of people to squash when he comes back?

I mean not explicitly for that reason, but that it could be used as such. Because John really needs the rub.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Luigi Thirty posted:

GUY IN THE CAN

This but to RVD's One of a Kind theme.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

SAVE_US.DIESEL

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

Am I wrong in thinking the League of Nations, (filthy foreigners), is a thing to give Cena, (YAY USA), a bumch of people to squash when he comes back?

I mean not explicitly for that reason, but that it could be used as such. Because John really needs the rub.

This will be worth it if his music hits and everyone does the usual "huh?! Wha!? Grr!!!" Cena music reactions except for Wade Barrett who looks utterly defeated

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Go RV! posted:

WWE attempts to rehab its monster heel stable without harming the Dudley Boys by putting Tommy Dreamer through a table at a ppv in TYOOL 2015.

I have to imagine this is where this is going. When did the wormhole open up and smash together 2015 and 1997?

Also, does anyone remember Dreamer besides 30+ year olds? Or even the Dudleys? If you're 12 watching this, do you give a single gently caress about any of these guys?

I'm 29, feelin' fine. And maybe some younger folks who were into WWE or even TNA in say 2006 and on know these guys.

Plus, even if somebody hasn't seen these guys, how is it different than say Neville coming to the ring? Much of the roster is practically a blank slate anyway, with no notable angles or anything under their belt. Granted there's NXT for him.

When I was 12 in 98, it's not like I knew who The Rock and Triple H were. I turned on the TV and they were entertaining. Why do you need to know people beforehand? Everybody starts watching sometime. If they're good and the crowd isn't already dead, they can get them into it.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 2, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I like Tommy Dreamer but I'm not sure what he has to offer other than being an old guy who's available to work.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gonzo McFee posted:

I like Tommy Dreamer but I'm not sure what he has to offer other than being an old guy who's available to work.

He's lovable.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean, they could always have him start eating garbage again.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gonz posted:

I mean, they could always have him start eating garbage again.

He has a "can do" attitude.

I just gotta say, for the record, I don't agree with the anti-old people stuff you see on the net. I know in general WWE needs to push new people and their booking sucks, but giving a moment in the sun here and there for guys like this does no harm. Certainly less harm than a boring Sheamus or Del Rio reign.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 2, 2015

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope I can be tommy dreamer in 14 years

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
hurghrgh a middle aged man who has been hit with sticks for decades is kinda out of shape and moves slow, what a garbage how why he here

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MotU posted:

how why he here

because tommy dreamer is cool, thats how why

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

That DICK! posted:

This will be worth it if his music hits and everyone does the usual "huh?! Wha!? Grr!!!" Cena music reactions except for Wade Barrett who instinctively lays down on his back

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

MotU posted:

because tommy dreamer is cool, thats how why

I like the way you put that rapscallion poster in their place, stern but fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tommy Dreamer's already being fed garbage having to wrestle Bram Stroman and The Vinter.

• Locked thread